Chapter 104 – A Glimpse Into Ley
1.9k 10 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ley stared at the sky list in the sky with a frown on her face.

She was ranked seventh in the list, something amazing considering that she was just a tier-three Awakened. Even so, she was not exactly happy.

Because she was ranked seventh, not first.

“I was told that Sanctuary’s First was a cradle of geniuses, but it looks like I still underestimated it.”

In front of her, the monster of the fifty-second floor lay quiet, but Ley did not seem worried. She completely ignored it as though it did not exist.

And the monster did not attack her either. It just stared at Ley dazedly, as though its soul had left its body.

Ley focused her gaze on the sky and read the names of the students ahead of her. Soon, she frowned.

The first two names were familiar.

The second place was her brother’s good friend, Andrew Mattew. Ley was honestly quite surprised, although she knew he was strong, she thought he was weaker than her.

And the first place was someone that she had met only twice.

‘Sylvia Quin.’

Ley was not sure what to think about her. Sylvia was too close to her brother for her comfort, but at the same time, she had saved her brother’s life once, so Ley could not bring herself to dislike her.

But it was a fact that she was too close to her brother, and that made Ley wary.

Ley was aware that her feelings for her brother were not normal, and she also knew that it was wrong to be hostile to any woman that was close to him, but she could not help it, and she did not want to change it.

When her brother lost his Awakened abilities after saving her ten years ago, Ley blamed herself. She felt guilty for making her brother suffer, and she felt responsible for what he went through after that.

But even worse was the fact that Jane never blamed her.

He never showed hatred, dislike, or displeasure towards her. Quite the opposite, when he noticed that she was feeling guilty, he told her that losing his powers 'was worth it'.

In his words, 'he preferred to lose his powers to lose her.'

Perhaps it was then that Ley decided that she would protect her brother and make sure that he is happy.

And perhaps that was when Ley’s feelings towards Jane started to change.

Even so, Ley knew that Jane was her brother and that her feelings were wrong. Therefore, when Karime and Jane started to date, she did not oppose it even if she hurt on the inside.

She wanted the best for her brother, even if the best was not her.

But she was mistaken.

Karime, that bitch, ended up hurting her brother, and as consequence, her brother almost died.

That was unforgivable.

If Jane would have died that day, Ley would have not forgiven herself.

She was not going to make the same mistake again.

Karime’s situation could not repeat. Any girl that wanted to become closer to Jane must go through her first.

Including Jessica.

Including Sylvia.

And including that bitch, Mary.

When Ley thought about Mary, her expression became ugly.

Ley knew her brother well. There was no way that he could hide Mary’s existence from her.

After Ley learned that Jane’s relationship with Mary was not normal, she used several means to investigate her, and when she discovered that Mary was married, Ley became livid.

She thought about killing that woman right away, but in the end, she forced herself to stop.

Ley hated to admit it, but she could see that Mary helped her brother to get over Karime. That was the only reason Ley did not kill her.

Even so, someone like her was going to hurt her brother eventually.

Before that, she must cut Mary off from her brother’s life, or–

‘Make it so that she can never betray him.’ Ley’s eyes glinted coldly.

Jane loved Ley. He saw her as a lively, innocent, and cute little sister that he needed to protect.

But he was gravely mistaken.

Ley was not an innocent little girl, she was a monster.

A monster able to do anything to protect him.

Even staining her hands with blood.

Staring at the sky, Ley saw that her brother's ranking was seventy-three. He was still trapped in the fortieth level, unable to overcome it.

‘Mm, that should be enough to get inside Sanctuary’s First. However, my brother is still too weak, I need to think about how to protect him.’

Perhaps she should consider getting a bodyguard for him. Just remembering the two times that Jane was trapped inside a dungeon made her anxious.

The fact that he was in danger but she could not protect him made her hate herself.

'However, brother won't like it if I do that. Mm, I should think about it a bit more...'

Just when she was lost in her thoughts, Jane’s name advanced from the fortieth level to the forty-first level.

Ley was surprised before smiling sweetly. ‘As expected of my brother.’

But then, her smile froze.

Because she saw Jane’s name advance to the next level.

And the next.

And the next.

All the way to level fifty.

It took him less than one minute to complete ten levels.

But that was not the end.

Two minutes after reaching level fifty, his name moved to the next level.

Ley’s lips curved up in a bright smile.

“As expected of my brother! So awesome! I guess I should become serious then. I will feel ashamed of myself if my brother leaves me behind.”

With a cheerful expression, Ley walked toward the monster while holding a dagger, then, she pierced its neck calmly, destroying the core inside.

During the process, the monster did not fight back, made any sound, or move. It just let himself be killed without showing any sign of resistance.

The scene was so creepy, bizarre, and frightening that it could provoke nightmares in anyone seeing it.

And the same scene repeated every time Ley killed a monster.

79