Chapter 112 – Princesses
1.9k 22 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Among the races that invaded humanity, eblors were one of the strongest.

They lived in the world of Lyea, that in their language meant ‘Source of Life’. A world with an environment very similar to earth, filled with leafy forests, crystalline rivers, and dense jungles.

Eblors lived in the forest, using enormous trees as their houses and coexisting with nature. Unlike humans, eblors were vegetarians, so they did not need to hunt to survive. Their food was the fruits of the trees and the grains of the plains.

Their race could be described as children of nature. In fact, their living habits were very similar to fantasy creatures like elves.

However, nobody would confuse them with elves.

Although their habits were similar, their appearance was very different.

Eblors were humanoid creatures with vertical eyes, hair of vibrant colors like the leaves of trees, and brown patterned skin similar to the pattern of tree trunks.

According to their history, they descended from Ancestral trees. Enormous trees that grew near magic nodes and after thousands of years gave birth to life.

They were a miraculous lifeform that humans could not comprehend.

But just like humans, they were a very advanced civilization.

They lived in forests, but they were not primitive. Quite the opposite, they created giant forest cities that were just as big, if not bigger, than human cities.

Unlike humans, eblors did not develop technology. Instead, they developed magic. Using their natural affinity to mana, they used magic to advance their civilization to a level comparable to humanity, and in some fields, they were even more advanced.

After thousands of years of development, eblor civilization had become mature, with dozens of countries and thousands of cities spread across the world of Lyea.

And among these countries, the Losarig Empire was the strongest.

Unlike earth, the world of Lyea had only one main continent similar to earth’s Pangea. That made it easier for the Losarig Empire to spread its influence across the entire world and become the leader of the rest of the nations.

Even though there were dozens of nations in the world of Lyea, all of them were subordinate to the Losarig Empire.

Today, in the palace located in the capital of the Losarig empire, two young girls were walking through a long corridor.

The appearance of the two girls was almost identical, revealing that they were twins. They had clear brown skin, orange vertical eyes, and reddish hair similar to autumn leaves.

But although they were twins, it was easy to distinguish one from the other.

The older sister always had a stern gaze and ice-cold expression, while the younger sister carried a mischievous smile and playful gaze.

The name of the twins was Hyacinth and Lily. They were the princesses and heirs to the throne of the Losarig Empire, and now, they were headed to the emperor’s office.

“Sister, do you know why dad is calling for us?”

The older sister shook her head. “I don’t know. But it must be important. Otherwise, father would have not called us to the office specifically.”

“That is true.” The second princess, Lily, smiled pensively. “… I wonder what it is. I hope it’s something interesting.”

The two girls soon arrived at the office. They asked the guard outside to announce their arrival, and after receiving permission, they stepped inside.

As soon as they entered the office, they saw their father seated behind the desk with a stern expression.

“Your majesty.”

“Dad.”

The two girls bowed slightly.

“Hello, my two beautiful daughters.” The emperor smiled when he saw them. “Please, take a seat.”

The two girls nodded and sat down.

“I’m sure you are curious about why I called you here.” The emperor smiled. “Actually, I have a mission for the two of you.”

“A mission?” The two sisters looked at each other confused.

They were princesses, not warriors. Even though their strength was not bad, it was just that, not bad. Plus, they did not have much combat experience or military knowledge.

They were not appropriate for a mission.

Unless–

“Is it a diplomatic mission?” Asked Hyacinth.

“Something like that.” The emperor nodded. “You will go to the human world as exchange students.”

The older sister frowned, and the younger sister’s eyes lit up.

“The human world?”

“That seems fun.”

The emperor smiled wryly when he saw the complete opposite reactions of his daughters.

“Yes, the human world.”

“But why? Humans know nothing about magic, and their teachings are not suitable for us. Is there anything we can learn from them?” Hyacinth asked confused.

“You are right. But you are not going there to learn, but to meet someone.”

The emperor then opened an archive on his desk and took a photo from it. He then showed it to his daughters, revealing the image of a beautiful girl with bluish-white hair and sky-blue eyes.

The girl was so beautiful that even the princesses were briefly spellbound.

“Her name is Sylvia Quin. We received information that she will go to one of humanity’s academies. Your mission is to become close to her, and if it’s possible, to forge a relationship of friendship with her.”

The two sisters were stunned. They could see that her father attached great attention to this girl, but they did not know why this girl was so special.

“Dad, who is she?” Lily asked curiously.

The emperor stared at them for a few seconds before opening his mouth.

“She is the daughter of the Protector Duke.”

72