Chapter 113 – Induction (1) [Start of Arc 2]
1.7k 4 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt something heavy on my chest and I opened my eyes, only to see a beautiful face rubbing against my cheek.

The owner of the face noticed that I was awake and smiled excitedly. She licked my cheeks and rubbed her body against mine, making me smile wryly.

“Saphire, you are again in my bed.” I stroke the little lamia’s head and Saphire squinted her eyes joyfully. She then proceeded to lick my face again, forcing me to stop her with a helpless smile.

“Stop, stop, stop… Sigh, it’s only morning and you are already this playful.”

Saphire tilted her head and smiled foolishly.

“Master… Happy…”

“Yes, yes, I know that you are happy. Sigh, you look more like a puppy than a snake.”

Saphire purred and rubbed her body against mine.

All of sudden, I felt her body rubbing against a certain delicate part of mine.

My body shivered involuntarily, and my little buddy, that was energetic after one night of sleep, stood up excitedly.

The tent in my pants could not be more obvious.

Damn, what is it…?

Quickly, I moved Saphire away and took a deep breath to calm down my excitement.

Fuck, luckily, Ley was not here.

Otherwise, if she sees me pitching a tent due to Saphire, she will become crazy.

At that moment, I felt another pair of eyes on me.

I looked towards my wardrobe and saw a reddish cat staring at me with a disdainful gaze.

“… Good morning, Scarlet.”

Scarlet gave me a scornful look and walked away, as though she was ashamed of having a master like me.

… I hope I was imagining it.

“Sigh… I’m tired and the day just started.” I said before changing my clothes and brushing my teeth. Saphire had been taught by Ley to brush her teeth, and she was brushing her teeth beside me.

When we finished, Saphire stared at me asking for praise, and I could not help but pat her head.

How can something this cute exist?

We left the room and headed to the living room, where my mother and Ley were eating breakfast.

Ley narrowed her eyes as soon as she saw us appear.

“… Brother, did Saphire sleep with you again?”

I put on a bitter smile and raised my hands helplessly.

Ley sighed and looked at the little Lamia.

“Saphire, didn’t I tell you that men and women should not sleep together so casually?”

Saphire tilted her head.

“What are you going to do if Bloed decides to do something perverted.”

“Cough… Ley, I’m not like that.”

“Really?” Ley stared at me with a deep gaze, making me look away due to guilt.

After all, just this morning I pitched a tent due to the little lamia.

[Just eat her.]

Please shut up, demon.

Saphire was confused by our conversation.

“Perverted… What?”

“That…” Ley hesitated, and her cheeks became slightly red. She did not know how to explain to Saphire about ‘perverted’ stuff. “Y-You know, having children and that kind of thing.”

“Children…?” Saphire put on a curious expression as she searched for the meaning of that word in her mind. Then, her expression brightened and she looked at me excitedly. “Master! I want children.”

Ley and I stiffened.

Even our mother, who had been watching our bickering with an amused expression, coughed out the coffee in her mouth and looked at Saphire with a strange gaze.

'God, Saphire, you are going to get me killed!'

I did not know whether to laugh or to cry.

“Okay, stop playing around.” Mother sighed softly and reprimanded us. “Jane, Ley, today is Sanctuary's First induction, remember? Eat and get ready or you will be late.”

The entrance examination of Sanctuary’s First was two weeks ago, and today was the induction for the new students. After the induction, we will decide on our classes and professors.

Nothing much happened during the past two weeks. I focused completely on training inside the dreamland, mainly to train my cooperation with Saphire and Scarlet so that when I need to use them in battle, we can fight together effectively.

Something surprising that happened during this time was that Scarlet’s mana rose like crazy. In just two weeks, she went from tier one to the peak of tier two.

Her speed of advancement was so fast that my mother and Ley were amazed. But that was not the end.

The reason behind such a speed of advancement was her contract with me. Through the contract, Scarlet could interact with my mana and Saphire’s mana, stimulating her own mana and making it stronger quicker.

It was the same for me. I was unable to raise my mana naturally before contracting Saphire, but after that, my mana has been increasing every day, albeit slowly.

I’m still at the peak of tier three, but I should be able to reach tier four in a month or so.

According to the demon, our mana will continue increasing naturally until we reached Saphire’s level, in other words, the peak of tier four.

After that, our speed of advancement will return to normal until any of us levels up his mana again.

That is good news for me, someone that can’t train mana naturally. In the future, I can try contacting strong magical beasts and use their stronger mana to raise my own mana.

That is something for the future, though.

After we finished breakfast, we dressed up and got ready to depart for Sanctuary’s First. Before leaving, I asked Saphire and Scarlet to get inside the contract.

The lamia and the cat reluctantly accepted, going inside the contract in my mind as two tattoos appeared on my body. One of a lamia around my right arm, and the other of a flaming cat on the back of my left hand.

I personally liked the two tattoos, but according to my mother and Ley, they were very ‘flamboyant’.

Well, Mary and Mrs. Kim liked them, so the opinions were divided.

We arrived at the campus half an hour before the start of the induction. As soon as we arrived, someone indicated to us the place of the induction.

Ley and I followed the indications and arrived at an enormous auditorium that was filled with young men and women.

More than half of the new students had already arrived, so many of the seats were occupied. Fortunately, Andrew had arrived earlier and had saved a few good seats for us.

The only bad thing was that Karime’s seat was there too.

I did not mind it that much. It has been more than one month since I broke up with her, and I have gone through a lot of things during this time. I can confidently say that I have already moved on.

Well, part of the reason is that I have someone like Mary to ‘help me to forget her’.

But although I did not mind Karime’s presence that much, it was not the same for Ley.

After seeing Karime, my little sister did not bother to hide her displeasure.

“Brother, I don't want to sit here.”

I smiled wryly and held her hand to calm her down.

Just then, someone called out at us.

“Jane, Ley, here!”

The two of us followed the voice and saw a beautiful girl with bluish-white hair waving at us. She was seated a couple of seats away, and it seemed that she had also saved us seats.

I hesitated briefly before apologizing to Andrew.

“Sorry, mate. I think we will sit there.”

Andrew smiled bitterly and nodded.

“Don’t worry. See you later.”

“Yeah. Right, Karime, congratulations on getting inside Sanctuary’s First.”

“… Thanks.” Karime nodded and smiled before looking away.

Man, can this be more awkward?

I sighed inside my mind and pulled Ley towards Sylvia.

73