Chapter 114 – Induction (2)
3.6k 13 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Jane, Ley.” Sylvia smiled at us and pointed to the seats beside her. “I kept these seats for you.”

“Thank you,” Ley and I thanked her and sat down.

Immediately, I felt several gazes on us.

I was startled and looked around, only to see that the people in the surroundings were looking at us in surprise and curiosity.

“Who are they? Sylvia let them sit with her.”

“Their names are Ley and Jane… Could they be?”

“Amazing… The first place, second place, and fourth place are in the same place, and they seem to know each other.”

“I heard that the third place tried to sit beside Sylvia but she rejected him. Poor guy.”

My expression immediately became strange.

“… You are really popular,” I told Sylvia with a smirk.

She shrugged.

“I got first place during the entrance examination and broke the previous record, so I think it’s normal.”

Well, that is true.

However, I found it strange that Sylvia did not seem flustered, excited, or proud about breaking the record.

Instead, it was as though it was something normal that she did not need to feel proud about.

Just then, Sylvia stared at me.

For an instant, her clear blue eyes seemed to become brilliant. I felt as though her eyes were the only thing existing in the world, ruling over fate, life, and death.

I was mesmerized. Her eyes were so beautiful that I could not move my gaze away.

But in the next instant–

[Boy.]

The voice of the demon woke me up.

I snapped out of my daze and hurriedly looked away.

Then, I took a deep breath to calm myself down while circulating my mana around me.

‘Just now…’

She was trying to see through me.

I was not mistaken. Just now, she tried to find out my secrets.

Sylvia let out a sigh of disappointment.

“As expected, it did not work.”

“You…”

“I asked mom to teach me a new trick and tried to use it on you, but I still failed to find the reason why your fate changed.”

I stiffened and looked at her with a cautious gaze.

The demon is right, this girl is dangerous.

[I told you. You should keep yourself away from her.]

You are right. I lowered my guard.

I should be warier of her.

Sylvia seemed to see through my thoughts and giggled.

“Don’t be nervous. I told you that I don’t have ill intentions. I’m just curious about you.”

I let out a bitter chuckle.

Perhaps you don’t have ill intentions now, but how about after you discover the demon’s existence?

Will you still be able to say the same?

I don't want to test it.

I feel comfortable around Sylvia. She saved my life and is a good friend, but as expected, her curiosity is dangerous for me.

Mainly because she has the potential to discover my secrets.

I guess it’s time to put on a stop to it.

“… Sylvia, can you please stop?”

Sylvia was startled and stared straight into my eyes. When she saw that I was being serious, she curved her lips up.

“It looks like I made you uncomfortable, sorry about that.”

“As long as you–”

“But I don’t plan to stop.”

I frowned.

“Do you think that what you are doing is alright?”

“Wait, let me finish. I won’t stop, but I will stop prying without your permission. How about it?”

“Huh?”

“Let’s just be friends. I'm sure that with time, I will discover whatever I want to discover”

I hesitated briefly before nodding.

“... Okay,”

“That is great. By the way, I can see that your fate has become stronger. Moreover, it is intertwined with another two fates. Do you know why?”

I was briefly startled before furrowing my brows.

Could it be due to my contract with Saphire and Scarlet?

“It looks like you know the reason. Then, there is no need for me to worry.” Sylvia chuckled.

Ley looked at the two of us and narrowed her eyes. “… What are you talking about? Why do I feel that the two of you are hiding something from me?”

Sylvia smiled and I put on a bitter expression. When I was about to tell Ley an excuse, someone stepped onto the podium of the auditory.

It was a young woman around twenty-five years old with black hair and stylish glasses.

“Welcome, new students.”

She spoke, and the students in the auditorium immediately fell silent.

“Today, we will teach you what you need to know when entering Sanctuary’s First Awakened College. But before that, let’s invite the Headmistress to give a brief speech.”

The students clapped as a woman walked to the podium.

The woman was beautiful, so beautiful that she seemed otherworldly. She had long black hair that fell to her waist and a pair of red eyes like rubies, coupled with an impressive figure that charmed men and women.

But the most impressive thing about her was her aura. Her aura was powerful, majestic, and ethereal. Instead of a human, she seemed like a goddess that transcended mortals.

Just at that moment, I met eyes with her.

At that moment, my face became completely pale.

I felt as though everything about me had been read. Nothing could be hidden from her, not even the demon hidden in my soul.

The woman smiled and moved her gaze away.

“Welcome, students. I’m the Headmistress of Sanctuary’s First Awakened College.” She started her speech.

However, I was not paying attention to it.

I could only think about the meaning of her gaze just now.

[Boy, I have bad news.]

Huh?

[That woman discovered me.]

My eyes widened in shock.

... Shit.

75