Stage II, Chapter II: Forming The Team And Visiting A.T.C!
245 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's a new day. I twist and turn violently. Putting my hands together, I do a few claps to check if my hearing is still there. I can still hear, but everything is still a bit quiet even if I put more force into my claps. I hope it recovers soon. My body was finding it hard to hear my alarm ringing today, so I woke up much later than usual. I spent a few more minutes in bed, letting my body prepare itself to start the day. Soon I reach my arm out to wake up Catalyn, who was still sound asleep beside me, even after my claps, which were loud enough that the whole top floor could hear it.

Shaking her awake, her eyes soon open. By this time my ears had now fully regenerated and were now working perfectly. 

"Oh, good morning Young Master. Catalyn apologizes for not waking up. Give Catalyn a moment, Catalyn will get ready." Catalyn begins to stretch in front of me, still wearing her maid outfit that for some reason she kept on even in bed. Heading to the nearby mirror, she fixes her hair and adjusts her clothes before coming back to me a few minutes later. Huh, I thought girls took around thirty minutes at the least to prepare themselves, so I was about to take a short nap while waiting for her. Either way, she soon picked me up, placed me on a small chair, and began to change my clothes. Dressing me in a blue onesie, she picked me up again and we went downstairs. The creak of the wooden stairs now sounded loud and clear. the hurried breathing of Catalyn being registered in my brain, these sounds I could perfectly hear, perceive, and register in my head. Last night's training was traumatic, perhaps even more so than the first one. Even now I still faintly remember the loud music blaring in my mind. 

I didn't even realize it, but I was already at the dining table, sitting on my chair. Lena, beside me, was doing the old "airplane" trick that people use to make their younger kids eat their food. I hope she understands that I'm not the type of kid who'd throw a tantrum just because the food had vegetables in it and it wasn't sweet. Catalyn, who felt like her job was stolen from her, was eating with a dejected look. Lucas sitting on one side was eating his food normally. I looked over to his left and there was a bottle of his protein shake. Do protein shakes go well with vegetables? Maybe I'll ask some gym junkies later on. Tyrone, our dog is eating his premium dog food on the floor, beside my chair. Aurelia in particular is only eating vegetables and none of meat. When our parents asked her why she wasn't eating anything else, she just responded with a "she primarily eats vegetables and fruits, but she can eat meat if necessary". I wonder if Tree Elves gain more nutrition from those things. 

After breakfast, we were permitted to take Aurelia, Catalyn, and Lucas out to the A.T.C, since our parents knew that Lucas himself was a strong fighter, along with Lena who they'd seen use magic when she was in school.

Now that reminds me of our original mission. We've been getting sidetracked lately because so many things were happening. We were originally supposed to go to the Fahndra Royal Academy and neutralize the Fake Wind God's Apostle, but things happened. I guess our goal, for now, is to stop the invasion. It happens in around two and a half weeks or something. 

The problem was convincing our parents to take me along. They knew how the V.T.G worked, but they weren't exactly sure about why a bunch of magicians was taking a three-month-old baby outside to go training magic.

Unable to find any excuses, Aurelia came in clutch and "explained" that Catalyn uses me as emotional support and that she does better when I'm nearby. Weird excuse, but mom understood. 

After receiving permission, Catalyn took me upstairs to take a bath. Oddly enough, she didn't wash me in the sink but went in together with me inside the bathtub. The washing technique here involved having to wash and scrub ourselves before entering the bath. A very Japanese way. It felt awkward to have my small jewels be touched by Catalyn, but she somehow got it done in around five or seven minutes.

Catalyn entered the bathtub first, placing her petite body on the fiberglass surface, before lowering herself a little to submerge her whole figure up until the bottom of her thin neck. She then took me in her arms and placed me on her legs, which were not that deep under the water's surface. This allowed my small build to also be hit by the warm water. The perfect temperature cooled down my body heat, allowing me to relax. The small moment of tranquility was soon disrupted by Catalan's shaky voice and muffled moans. What kind of person gets off from an infant sitting on their legs? Crazy people, that's who. 

I did my best to ignore the constant sounds that Catalyn was making, but it was hard. Unable to handle it anymore, I requested her to grab the shampoo, the small 250ml bottle with the flavor being peppermint. Basic, I know, but I love the sharp smell it gives. Rubbing the lather all over my white hair (which was still growing), some of the bubbles managed to get into my eye, and they stung like hell. Almost like alcohol was poured all over my face.

"I'm so sorry! Young master!" Catalyn fumbles around and hastily wash off the soap in my eyes, being a bit forceful in her approach. 

"Alright, it didn't hurt that much. See?" I turn my head to see Catalyn with tears in her eyes. Why are you looking like you just killed me? I reach my small left arm and pat her head, although it took a lot of my energy to stand up and not slip on her legs. Her mood soon gets better, and a smile replaces the worried look on her face. Hugging me tightly, I was forced to take in deep breaths whenever I could, as her strength took away my breaths every time she wrapped her arms around my back.

After the bath, she once again took me to our room to change our clothes. Putting me in another onesie, Catalyn looks inside her closet. Peering inside, I noticed that practically ALL of her clothes were the maid outfits we bought from François some time ago. She takes out the same type of maid clothes she was wearing, except this one was brand new, looking like it had just been ironed out.

"Is that... the only type of clothing you wear?" I ask her.

"Well, Catalyn has different types of underwear, if the young master wants to see." (Catalyn)

"I'd.. rather not." (Kenneth)

Heading downstairs, we found Lena waiting for us at the door. She didn't look like she put any effort in wearing clothes, as she was wearing an oversized cotton hoodie. The hoodie that was over her head only accentuated her beautiful blonde hair, tied up in a bun. Her lower body was only covered by jean shorts, although this one only extended above her thighs, further highlighting her supple thighs, perfect for giving a lap pillow. 

"You two ready? Lucas and Aurelia are waiting outside." (Lena)

I nod in response, and the front door automatically opens upon scanning our faces. This might be a rich boy feature in Earth, but here it was commonplace. A.I's could scan your whole body structure in seconds to monitor for any instability, it's neat. 

We headed over to the street and found Lucas showing Aurelia around nearby, going inside a convenience store, and coming out with ice cream. Aurelia's reaction upon tasting the frozen treat was pretty funny, her surprised reaction upon trying out the strawberry dessert was precious.

Heading over to them, Lucas took out his Dimensional Storage and took out two brand new ice cream cones, and handed them to Lena. She immediately gobbled up one. She tried to give Catalyn the other, but after tasting it, she didn't like the taste very much. Was it the flavor or she just generally didn't like sweet stuff? Seeing as how Catalyn wasn't very fond of it, she let me have a few licks. The sweetened chocolate melted instantly in my mouth. Unlike Catalyn, I didn't have any particular disdain towards the sugary substance, but I was never a big fan of sweets in my old world. I didn't hate it, but I could eat it if necessary.

"Oh, you don't want anymore, little bro? I guess I'll take the rest then." Lena takes the ice cream from my hands and, seemingly within seconds, devours it.

My teeth had always hurt from whenever I ate too much sweet stuff, but it looks like Lena has a sweet tooth.

Tyrone seemed eager to taste it too, but Lucas didn't allow him to. The dog, not minding much, looked as if he said, "well, it was worth a try. It's not necessary, but I won't lose anything from not tasting it" and proceeded to head along the sidewalk.

After finishing the ice cream, we, led by Tyrone, soon headed over to the Wizard Guild to register the five of us as a party. 

Knowing that the Guild was about thirty minutes away, and judging by the fact that they were taking their time exploring and showing Aurelia the sights, I decided to take nap in Catalyn's arms.

 "Welcome to the Wizard Guild. Might I ask what your business with us today is?" The voice of the receptionist from last time wakes me up.

Shaking myself awake, I saw that we had already entered the Wizard Guild, and were already registering. The artifacts, still hanging, were sealed by the glass, still out of reach as ever. I wonder what happened to the glass when The Rumbling occurred? Maybe it got destroyed and everybody started stealing it. Haha, Nah. They wouldn't do that.

A man with long hair who was around six feet tall and had muscles all over his body entered the Guild. Wearing a green camo tank top, he looked as if he was a retired military officer. He looked as if he was twice Lucas' size. And when he entered, all of the members who were chatting and making noise immediately went quiet.

The man approaches us in slow steps, each step causing loud noise just from colliding with the ground. Is it just me, or does this man cause small craters every time he moves?

He stops just a few meters from Lucas. His thick brows rise upon seeing Lucas. The man bends his overbearing body down to take a closer look at my brother. After a few seconds of blank silence, the man finally speaks.

"Hmm. And how are you doing today, Lucas? What are you doing here?" The man asks in a deep voice.

"Registering.." Lucas only manages to get one word when the man interrupts him.

"Hmm. I see. And who are these people." He looks at us.

"My siblings..." Lucas is once again interrupted.

"Why are two of them so different looking from you? The tiny girl carrying the baby who looks as if he is about to doze off doesn't seem to be a part of your family." The man furrows his brow. "And this other one. Why did you bring an elf here?" He flips up Aurelia's hood and her pointed ears are revealed. Everyone in the guild is surprised. Although the receptionist herself was an elf, it was a well-known fact that she was a servant who was bought from a slave auction by the guild master.

"Hey, big man. Buzz off." What the fuck did I just say. I blurted out what I was thinking inside without thought. Shit, I'm dead.

"Baby, you've got some guts. Perhaps more so than my student, Lucas." The big man says in an amused tone. 

Wait, student? 

"Yeah... this man is Brutus, my teacher." I was surprised. Not surprised at the fact that Lucas just called the Veteran Of The East his teacher, but by the fact that the energetic Lucas was replaced by a fearful one.

The Veteran Of The East, Brutus. He has the longest-serving time in the Gaia Continental Military, having served for three hundred years. His magic power is comparable to Andrius, except that his specialty is Body Magic, one that is common, yet hard to master. Known to have the highest monster kill count, believed to be twenty thousand, with thirty percent of it being S class magical beasts, Brutus is one of the strongest humans still alive. And as of right now, he has retired from the military and now travels Gaia far and wide, taking in many students as he goes.

"Big Man, you're scary." Again, Kenneth? Why do you blurt out these things randomly?

"Hah, am I now? Little baby, what is someone as small as you do in the Wizard's Guild?" A menacing aura is released from his body, a display of his strength, which encompassed mine.

"What's it look to you, big man? I'm here to register." I manage to say in the most imposing way possible.

"Hah! I like you, little baby. Alright, I'll leave you and your siblings alone now. Hey, receptionist. Hand this letter to Doman, I'm sick of being his message man. Use a phone, for fuck's sake. I'm old as fuck and yet I tortured myself to be able to understand today's technology." Brutus hands the letter in his hand to the receptionist and leaves the Wizard Guild through the front door.

"Please wait a moment." The receptionist calls a fellow staff member and hands them the letter. A few moments later she comes back, and we continue on the process of registering.

"Accepted. Party, "Karman Krew" is now registered in the Wizard Guild." The receptionist announces in a soft voice.

"It wasn't me, okay! Lena did it!" I point towards my older sister when the rest of my siblings look at me with weird faces.

I was having a hard time choosing a name, so I figured I'd ask Lena for any pointers, but then she typed in the name without my permission. And "Karman Krew?" Really? *sigh* whatever.

Luckily no one knew about the Karman, the aliens who'd soon invade our planet.

We weren't able to change the party name, so we just left after that and headed towards the A.T.C for the training that we had missed last time.

Welcome, Mr. Kenneth." The manly A.I voice greets me. 

"Please adjust the settings of the environment to fit your liking." 

Environment: Outer Space (Current)

Choices: Hilltown Meadow,  Andreau Peak, Colata Beach, Plorian River, Hudra World Tree, Mushroom Forest, The Great Rehet Crater, Juhala World Dungeon, Flat Arena, Jordian Stadium...

The Uninhabited Island option was now gone. Fuck, did Jandru play tricks with my mind to make me think there was even an option in the first place?

"Bah, never mind." I choose the Jordian Stadium. Looking around for any things that might go out of place, I confirmed that there wasn't anything wrong. The Outer Space is replacer by an arena similar to a football/baseball stadium, allowing for huge space for fighting. The flat grass, reaching to the other edge of the stadium, is probably at most half a kilometer long. I don't know, I'm too lazy to travel the whole way.

A few moments later, my siblings are teleported in and appear beside me. I fiddle around with the settings to adjust some dummy formations. After a while, I say loudly,

"A.I, initiate "rescue" mission." 

"Initiating. Initiation complete. Mission: Multiple dummies have the '☆' sign on them. These dummies are bystanders, to be rescued, simply by fueling it with mana. Throughout the stadium, they are scattered, and multiple dummies, that have the '◇' sign will try to attack you. You have a time limit of thirty minutes before the '☆' dummies run out of mana to defend themselves and are slain. Start?" The A.I asks.

"Not yet. Now then, come closer guys. Let's formulate a plan." A tint of green, noticeably bigger than last time flashes in Kenneth's eyes for a short time before disappearing.

 

 

 

 

14