Cap 46: Shaking up the entire gaming industry
135 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "Haze, is everything ready?"  Shin asked.  He didn't plan on opening his game company anytime soon;  however, Maya and Mya would help with the promotion, so he thought it would be a good time.

 "Master, everything is ready."  Haze has the entire company up and running.  She knew this company was a great deal for Shin, so she prepared everything in advance.

 "Well, thanks for the help."  Shin thanked him.

 "No need to thank, master."  Haze replied.

 "Master, do you plan to create another company?"  Haze asked.

 "Yes; however, I don't want to do that now."  Shin didn't want to just think about these things.  He couldn't just think about growing up and ending up forgetting the most important things in his life.

 "I don't have enough power to compare myself to any of the 5 big families; however, I'm not too far away from that."  Shin estimated that in a few months at most, he would have power comparable to a large family.

 The 5 great families were extremely powerful; however, there were still 3 powers above the 5 families in his country.

 'I don't need to think about it right now.'

 "Master, this game will be a big leap in your career, so I've spread the games advertisment in many places."  Haze said.

 Shin's game could make a lot of money;  however, the most important thing will be the fame he will gain in the industry.  His game company will need to have a great reputation to compete in the world market.

 "I changed a few things in Sky-Legends. I'm sure this game will cause some turmoil in the gaming industry."

 'I also have a final letter.'  Shin still had a feature that could make his game even more popular;  however, he needed to prove that his game was amazing.

 Shin had made some changes to the game, making it even better than before.  The game's graphics were way ahead of its time, gameplay, performance, etc.

 "Master, you will give a speech talking about the game."  Haze said.

 "Good."  Shin put on his suit and got ready.

 -

 "Is he going to appear on TV today?"  Aka asked.

 "Yes; however, he will do an interview this time."  Akira replied.  She was waiting for the interview to start.

 "Let's see what he does."  Aka grabbed a bucket of popcorn and started eating while looking at the television.

 -

 Maya and Mya were looking at the television with slightly excited expressions.

 "He looks so cute in a suit."  Mya commented.  Maya nodded in agreement.

 -

 Shin entered the stadium with a weak smile on his face.  The stadium was a venue for game events.  People came to this place intending to find popular releases, premieres, rising games, etc.  The event was one of the largest in the country, so the audience was tens of thousands of people.  Haze had made a reservation for Shin at this place.

 "I would like to thank everyone for being here."  Shin thanked him as he looked at the people who were sitting in their chairs.

 "My name is Shin Akash and today is the start of my game company: Sky-Land."  Shin paused briefly and continued.

 "As a celebration, we'll publish our first game today. Keep the trailer."  Shin would talk about the game after the trailer.

 *Clap!* *Clap!*

 People applauded the speech before turning their attention to the giant screen.

 -

 "Presented by the Sky Corporation."

 After the brief presentation, the screen showed a woman walking through a dead valley.  Her clothes were worn out and she only had daggers at her waist.  The woman walked, apparently aimlessly, until she reached a giant door.  The woman ran her hand gently through the door.

 "People say you can be whatever you want to be; however, they lied to you."  The woman's husky voice was heard.  The scene cuts to a flashback.

 -

 A girl was walking down the sidewalk, barefoot and completely dirty;  however, her face had no expression of sadness, just a determined expression.  She sat down near an alley and pulled an old book out of her bag.  The book contained a giant gate on her cover.  The girl ran her hand gently over the cover and began to read the book.  After reading the book for a while, the girl started walking again, apparently aimlessly.

 -

 2 years

 The girl continued walking, apparently aimlessly.

 "This place doesn't exist, just throw this book in the trash."

 "You dream too much."

 (...)

 The girl heard voices in her head;  however, her expression didn't change and she kept walking.

 -

 5 years

 The girl continued walking;  however, she was a bit haggard today.  Maybe the place she thought existed never existed.

 -

 7 years

 The girl, who was now a beautiful woman, continued walking alone.  She passed through deserts, swamps, forests, etc.  However, she still hasn't found the gate.  The woman clenched her fists;  however, she did not stop walking.

 -

 10 years

 The woman was hopeless at the moment.  She thought of the people who said she was crazy.  While she was thinking, the cover of the book began to glow.  The woman looked at the cover with an intense gleam in her eyes.  She forgot all her negative thoughts and kept walking.  A glow was all she needed.

 -

 12 years/current time

 The woman was looking at the gate.  The book in her hand began to glow and turned into a key.

 "You might not be what you want to be in your 'world'..."

 The woman opened the huge gate.  A blinding glare prevented the woman from seeing the inside of the gate for a few seconds.  When she opened her eyes again, she saw something extraordinary.

 A vast forest with dragons, Elves, humans, etc.

 "Looks like we have a newbie."  A man with a mustache suddenly pulled the woman away.

 "Don't mess with newbies!"  Another woman tugged by the man's ear and led him away.

 *Sigh!*

 An Elf man sighed and said, "Welcome! This is the world you can be whatever you want to be!"

 The woman smiled brightly, pulled out her daggers, and ran towards the seemingly endless forest.

 "Sky-legends"

 -

 After the game's brief introduction, the next scenes showed visions of dungeons, open world, PvE, PvP, quests, powers etc.

 The audience was shocked, because the system for this game was just amazing.  People were already about to jump out of their chairs to play.

 "Well, you've seen a little bit about the game; however, that's only a small fraction of what the game can provide."  Shin appeared.  The trailer was already over, so he decided to explain a little more about the game.  People turned to pay attention to Shin again.

 "Sky-legends will have a giant open world for players to explore. The worlds will be divided into several servers according to their region."  Shin paused before continuing.

 "In addition to a super large open world, it will have several combat modes, for example, kenjutsu, magic, martial arts etc."

 "People who don't want to fight can also learn blacksmithing, alchemy and even cooking."  Shin had already made a system for players who just wanted to enjoy the game.

 "In addition to several different battle regions, dungeons and realms. The game's Guild system will be exceptional, being able to provide missions that can be done by thousands of players simultaneously. Earning rewards and items."

 "Well, I won't talk too much about the game because you can find out a lot about it on your own."

 Shin opened the app to see the most frequently asked questions.

 • most commented answer:

 "This game is sure to be too heavy, even for high-end consoles. How are we going to play this?"

 "Yes, you're right. This game is too heavy even for today's consoles; however, I didn't just create this game. I also created the console for it."

 Shin finished his words and a beautiful gate was shown behind the curtains.

 "Welcome to Sky-Legends."  Shin opened the gate and a gigantic room with several white consoles was shown.  People at the event lined up to play the game.  Security had to control the crowd.  After several people managed to get in, Shin returned to comment.

 "This console will not only support Sky-Legends, but it will also be able to support other games; however, the base version will only support Sky-Legends and games from the Sky franchise."

 "In addition to a processor far above the current generation. It can be coupled with the Sky chair, which can provide more comfort and better playability. The controls are ultra-comfortable and have many functions that can improve your gameplay."

 "And lastly… check this out."  Shin grabbed a pair of glasses.

 "You can try using this while you're playing; however, it's best if you only use it when decorating the controller buttons."  Shin warned.

 These glasses provided a "semi-virtual reality".  In fact, it just fully focuses the person's view on the screen, making the player more immersed in the game.

 "You can test the game now."  Shin walked away.

 -

 A boy sat in the chair and grabbed his controller and glasses.  He already played a lot of games, so it wouldn't be much of a problem to use a new controller.  The Sky controller had the buttons in the same position as the current-gen controls, because it would be easier for players to get used to.

 "This is amazing!"  The boy spoke, after putting on his glasses.  His vision was fully focused on the screen, so he felt like he was "in" the game.

 "Hey, man, which Race will you choose?!"  The boy asked his friend.

 "All races have their strengths; however, I will choose dragons because they can fly early in the game."  The boy's friend replied.

 "Dude, you don't know what you're doing! Of course, I'm going to choose the Elves, they have more affinity for water and air magic."  The boy thought his friend was too simple.

 "You obviously don't know how to play, the best race is human because they are more balanced and their evolution tree is bigger."  Another boy who was on their side answered.

 "Obviously the best is the demonic race. They have a greater affinity for the chaotic elements and can also fly earlier than other classes."  A girl commented.

 -

 "Dude, being a wizard is really cool, watch my magic."  A man said with a smile.

 "Your mage is very weak. See how I will destroy this dungeon with my blades."

 -

 "B-Boss, the crowd is getting bigger."  Security warned Shin.  The crowd was getting very excited.

 "We're going to make time for each person to play so we can let more people experience the game."  Shin warned.

 "Good."  The security guards nodded and calmed the crowd.

 "Master, this was a total success. Our broadcast has already set viewership records."  Haze said.

 "30 million."  Shin noted the number of spectators.

 "You did a good job, Haze."  He showed a smile.  "Now let's just wait."

I highlighted this game because it will be important for some future events

15