Ch 53: Attack
224 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Shin, Airin, Aka and Kichiro were strolling through the city. This world had much more advanced technology than the world of Omui. Airin was curious when she saw the vehicles on the street.

"Kichiro, can you introduce me to the cuisine of this place?" Shin asked.

"Hm… are you a culinary lover?"

"No, I'm just curious."

"Well, I can take you to some restaurants." Kichiro selected some famous restaurants for Shin.

"Onii-Sama… do we have money?" Airin just now remembered that they had no money.

"Of course." Shin pulled a bag of coins from his purse. He robbed some rich students while he was at the academy. Airin nodded when she saw the bag of coins.

"Kichiro, can you tell me more about the situation in this country?" Shin said. He already knew some information; however, his skill failed to discover everything about this world.

"Huh? Are you foreigners?" Kichiro was surprised by Shin's revelation.

"Yes." Shin replied.

"Well, this country is led by two factions." Kichiro nodded and began to explain some of the country's situation.

"Factions?" Airin asked, confused.

"Yes, factions. This country is made up of two different factions, believers and non-believers. Believers believe that the country should be led by 'Apostles of God', while non-believers believe that the country should be led by a group of humans."

"Apostles of God?" 3x

"That's what people call individuals who have undergone physiological changes. No one knows why; however, believers believe they are divine blessings." Kichiro replied.

"Well, I don't doubt there might be some civil war." Shin commented.

"Yes, you're right. A few years ago, a civil war broke out between the two peoples; however, the war was stopped by one of the 'apostles of God'. the country was divided. North would be occupied by believers, and the south would be occupied by non-believers.” Kichiro wore a bitter expression when he spoke about the war.

"I see. Thanks for explaining." Shin said.

"This country has a lot of problems." Aka commented.

*Sigh!*

"you are right." Kichiro sighed.

"Well, it's no use thinking about it now. You should show me the restaurants." Shin headed toward the restaurants to sample the cuisine of this world. He liked to practice cooking in his spare time.

"Good."

 

-

 

Shin sampled the cuisine of some famous restaurants; however, he found Omui's cooking better.

'Maybe it's diversity?' Omui's cuisine was very diverse because there were many races.

*yawn!*

"Do you want to visit any more places?" Kichiro asked, with a sleepy expression.

"Well, let's go home." Shin decided to end his trip for today, because it was already late. The sky was already dark and the night was coming.

Kichiro nodded and said, "We can walk again-"

*BOOMM!*

*screams!*

"Huh?!" Kichiro was on alert when he heard an explosion. People on the street started screaming and running.

"What is happening?!" Kichiro asked.

"Monsters! Monsters!" People screamed as they ran.

*Slash!*

"Ahhh! Help me! I don't want to die!"

Some unlucky people ended up getting hit by black blades.

"Kichiro, we are being attacked." Shin warned. He lifted his index finger and stopped the blade aimed at his head.

"Hm… that's…" Shin looked at the creatures that suddenly appeared. The creatures were made completely of darkness, similar to human shadows.

"Nightwalkers?" Kichiro was confused when he saw the creatures.

"What are they?" Aka asked.

"They are beings from the shadow world; however, they don't usually appear because the shadow world is an almost inaccessible place." Kichiro replied.

The shadow world was not accessible to normal people. The only way to gain access was through artifacts that cause spatial interference; however, these artifacts were extremely rare.

"There are some portals to the shadow world, but they are closed. The only way to open them is by causing some spatial interference; however, everyone who entered there never came back." Kichiro said.

*BOOMM!*

The houses and buildings were destroyed. People didn't stop running; however, the turmoil ended up making the situation worse. Shin made a barrier to protect people from the black blades.

"Why are these things here?" Airin asked.

"When some interference is caused on the portal, these things come out." Kichiro said. He prepared some water balls and shot the nightwalkers.

"Attack their core." Kichiro said. Nightwalkers were almost immune to physical attacks; however, they had a core in their chest that could be destroyed. "They are also weak to light."

"Aka, can you handle this?" Shin asked.

"Un." She nodded and dashed towards the nightwalkers.

"Onii-Sama…" Airin also wanted to fight.

"Do whatever you want." Shin said with a smile. Airin smiled at Shin's response and drew his sword.

"Are they going to be okay?" Kichiro asked.

"Well don't worry about them." Shin was sure they could handle this matter.

"Let Aka and Airin take care of these things. Let's save people." Shin said.

"Good." Kichiro nodded.

 

-

 

*BOOMM!*

Shin exterminated any nightwalkers in his path using fire magic. He also helped civilians to retreat from the scene. The kids on the street were the easiest targets, so Shin gave them a priority.

"Gather all the people." Shin said, to Kichiro.

"I understand."

Shin created a giant barrier around the area to prevent nightwalkers from entering and attacking people.

 

-

 

*Bam!* *Bam!*

"These things are almost immune to normal physical attacks." Aka warned Airin. She had attacked those shadows with punches, but her attacks were useless, as they simply went through the nightwalkers' bodies.

"Well, just destroy their core." Airin said. She drew her sword and cut the core of dozens of nightwalkers instantly.

*Slash!*

...

*crack!*

The core exploded and the nightwalkers disappeared.

"That way is very easy." Aka said. She didn't just want to destroy them all like that.

"I don't like dragging things around." Airin replied. Even though nightwalkers were tricky to defeat with normal methods, they weren't very strong. Perhaps to other people, nightwalkers were considered threats, but to Airin and Aka, they were too weak.

*Slash!*

The nightwalkers tried to fight back by throwing black blades at Airin and Aka, but they easily dodged the attacks.

"Well." Aka covered her fists with flame and destroyed any nightwalkers in his path.

 

-

 

*Slash!* *Slash!* *Slash!*

Airin dodged the black blades and destroyed a few more nightwalkers.

"it's amazing how you've become so strong." Aka said. She was much stronger than Airin before joining 'Origin', but now Airin is much stronger.

"Onii-Sama said it's due to my Awakening's characteristics." Airin replied.

After unlocking her Awakening, Airin had a power boost; however, the most important factor was her Awakening characteristic. Airin's physical abilities grew along with her swordplay, so she could simply practice swordplay without having to do physical drills. The speed with which she learned swordplay was also absurd.

Before joining 'Origin', Airin was already practicing swordplay; however, she focused most of her time on magic. Airin's mastery of fencing was only advanced, but she managed to grow into a specialist after a lot of practice.

"Your Awakening is very good." Aka said. She was a little disappointed when she learned that her Awakening was just Rare; however, Shin said that Awakening was simply a trait and did not define one's strength. Many circumstances can make a person strong, Awakening was just one of them.

"Your Awakening is also very good." Airin replied. Aka's Awakening was a Rare rank at first; however, she managed to elevate to epic after acquiring Black Flame.

'Evolutionary Awakening…' Airin thought that this type of Awakening was very good if one had the resources.

While they were talking, the nightwalkers started to act strangely. They started to meet at a certain point.

"Are they merging?" Airin was a little surprised. She thought nightwalkers were similar to common monsters in intellectual matters, but it seems she was wrong.

"Well, never mind. Let's just destroy them." Aka made a giant fireball and threw it into the center where the nightwalkers were gathering.

*BOOMM!*

 

-

 

"it looks like they ended the fight" Shin said.

"They are very strong." Kichiro commented. He thought Aka and Airin might have some issues, but they quickly ended.

"Well, stay here. I'll check something." Shin didn't wait for Kichiro's response and disappeared.

"Shin?!..." Kichiro was confused by Shin's sudden disappearance.

'Could you at least explain better?!' Kichiro thought, pursing his lips.

 

-

 

On top of a tall building, 3 people watched the chaos that the nightwalkers caused. Even seeing several innocents dying, they continued with impassive expressions on their faces.

"Sir, the nightwalkers have been wiped out." A woman said.

"It doesn't matter, the other locations were all successful." An old man replied. They failed to cause damage in this area, but the others…

"Let's go." The old man prepared to leave, but he was surprised when he saw a young man sitting next to them.

"Why the rush? How about we chat?"

 

10