Cap 54: hidden secrets
186 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "Who are you?"  the old man asked.  He was cautious because his detection couldn't feel anyone approaching.

 "A passerby who, by chance, had his curiosity piqued."  Shin said, smiling.  He was curious about these artifacts that could cause some spatial interference, so he decided to see them with his own eyes.

 "Sir…" The woman was ready to attack Shin.  The man beside the old man did not move.

 "Kill him."  The old man ordered.

 *Slash!*

 The woman attacked Shin using her swords, but Shin dodged the attacks.

 "Well, I suppose you were the ones who brought these nightwalkers to this area; however, I don't remember hearing anything about controlling nightwalkers. Are you black mages?"  Shin deduced, while dodging the blows.

 "It doesn't matter if you know about it. You're going to die today."  The old man began to make strange chants.  Dark energy began to gather around him.

 *Slash!*

 The woman saw that Shin was distracted and tried to attack him again, but her attacks were useless.

 "You…" She started to lose her temper.  She covered her blades with flame and attacked Shin again.

 Shin disarmed the woman and grabbed her wrist.  The woman tried to retaliate using kicks, but an invisible barrier prevented her from hitting Shin.

 "Ahh!"  The woman moaned in pain as Shin squeezed her wrist.

 "Just 'sleep'…" Shin placed his hand on the woman's head.  He stopped her blood flow using the water element.  The woman felt her vision blur.  She tried to fight, but her body ran out of strength.

 *Tum!  Tum!*... *Tum!*... *Tum!*...

 The woman's heartbeat was slower and slower until she stopped completely.  She closed her eyes and fell to the ground lifeless.

 "Old man, have you ever been told that your magic takes too long?"  Shin burned the woman's body and turned his attention to the old man.

 "Damn! Die!"  The old man shouted.

 After the old man finished preparing his magic, a black cocoon enveloped Shin.  The cocoon was shrinking by the second.

 "Heh…" Shin watched the cocoon with an impassive expression.  "Old man, looks like you're not as dumb as I thought."

 Shin realized that this magic was intended to consume him.  The cocoon was closed, so this limited the opponent's escape.

 *Bam!*

 Shin destroyed the cocoon with one punch.

 The old man was in shock when his magic was easily destroyed.  He tried to do another spell quickly, but...

 "I don't have time to play with you."  Shin darted towards the old man.

 "PROTECT ME!"  The old man shouted.  The man beside the old man finally decided to move.

 *BOOMM!*

 The man emitted pressure that made the buildings tremble;  however, Shin just smiled.

 "Useless."  Shin was unaffected and continued running towards the old man.

 *Slash!*

 The man pulled a huge sword from his back and attacked Shin.

 *Ding!* *Ding!*

 Shin defended the man's attacks using water blades.  Shin and the man began an exchange of blows.

 *BOOM!*

 The buildings were destroyed by the shock waves of the attacks.

 "You're not human, are you?"  Shin said while looking at the man.  The man was hooded, so his face wasn't evident;  however, Shin could see that this man was not human.

 'It's a bit similar to a nightwalker;  however, his features are more human.'  Shin thought.

 The man didn't answer Shin's question and went back to attacking him;  however, when he approached Shin, his body was completely paralyzed.

 "Well, can you feel pain?"  Shin asked.  He had used telekinesis to paralyze the man's movements.  The man tried to move his body;  however, it was completely useless.

 *Slash!*

 Shin cut both of the man's arms, but no screams of pain came out of his mouth.

 "Well you really aren't human."  Shin said.  He lost interest and decided to kill him quickly.

 *body exploding*

 -

 "Shit! I need to get out of here!"

 The old man thought that his bodyguard would manage to kill Shin or at least stop him;  however, this did not happen.  He didn't have time to create another powerful spell, so he decided to run away.

 'My work is already done.'  The objective was already completed, so he didn't need to stay in this place.

 "Old man, don't try to run."  Shin appeared in front of the old man.

 "W-What-" The old man didn't have time to finish his words, because his head was grabbed.

 "AHH!"  The old man moaned in pain.

 "Let me know what secrets you keep."  Shin said, smiling.  He used telepathy to invade the old man's mind.

 -

 "S-Sir, the plan will start tomorrow."  The old man said, kneeling.  He didn't dare to stand this time, because the presence of the man in front of him was terrifying.

 "Well, let's teach these mortals how helpless they really are."  The man replied.

 "S-Sir… your sister…"

 "SILENCE!"  The man was completely furious when the old man talked about his sister.  The old man felt an immense pressure fall on his body.

 "S-Sir… I beg your pardon!"  The old man said, sounding.

 "She is unworthy to sit in that chair."  The man said.  He thought his sister was completely unworthy of her power.

 "Just do what I say."

 "Y-Yes!"

 -

 'Hm… who the hell is this guy?'  Shin thought.

 The only thing he was sure of was that the old man and the man belonged to the faction of believers;  however, Shin could not discover the man's face, because his face was completely covered by darkness.

 'Well, let's try to check deeper.'  He decided to invade the old man's mind again;  however, when he was about to dig deeper into the old man's mind…

 *head exploding!*

 "Heh…" Shin was a little confused when the old man's head just exploded.

 "Looks like you were a pawn, old man."  Shin said.  He speculated that someone had inserted a mental link into the old man, so when he tried to invade his mind more deeply, someone ended up killing him.

 'Well, the situation in this country is worse than it looks.'  Shin thought.

 'Well, let's check the loot.'

 Shin opened the old man's bag and checked where the space interference artifact was.  Interestingly, he found two artifacts.

 "He used this thing to control the nightwalkers?"  Shin found a dark orb next to the space interference artifact.

 'Let's go back.'  He watched the two artifacts for a moment before deciding to leave;  Nonetheless...

 *BOOMM!*

 "BASTARD!"  A man in a black cape suddenly appeared and darted towards Shin with an expression of hatred.

9