Prologue
123 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you really sure that this is your wish?"

In front of me, a woman asked me this question. She had long white hair, clear blue eyes and a face that could charm any man. She was wearing an immaculate white robe that showed quite a bit of her chest and she didn't have any shoes or accessories. She was incredibly beautiful, not in any sexual way but a more pure beauty. She was oozing holiness, both figuratively and literally. However, I could feel that her powers were less than before. Before losing myself in her beauty, like many time before, I gave her a curt reply.

"Yes, I am sure."

Her expression was one of worry and her body movement showed her anxiety. She asked again.

"Are you really 100% sure? Let me remind you that you will only be bringing back your memories and System Points. You will lose all of your achievements, equipements and Status! It is not too late to use your wish to-"

"No, it's too late." Cutting her, I lay down the cold hard truth. "You know it too don't you? There is no more hope left, this is the only way."

"But..." She was hesitating. After a few minutes of internal struggle, she sighed and put on a resolute look. "I will ask one final time. Roel Axard, your wish to go back in time will makes you go through the same tribulation and suffering. Do you really wish to go back in time even if you know the horrific events that will happen?"

"Yes." I replied, looking right into her eyes to show my resolve. "However, those 'horrific events' will never happen. I will stop them, I will stop this madness."

Sighing again, she sent me a look full of pity. "Well, a contract is a contract, even a goddess like me can't go against it. You better not screw this up! Also, next time we see each other you better prepare yourself. Those are not farewell, but a temporary separation."

Before I could muster a reply, she snapped her fingers and I felt myself under the effect of my wish. My soul leaved my body and I was sent back in time.

I swear that I saw her huffing and crossing her arms, before giving me an all too familiar look that she gave me only when I did something reckless, but succeeded in the end. I ignored the tears falling from her eyes.

4