Chapter 1: Back to the beginning
134 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening my eyes after an unknown amount of time, I looked around me. I was in a pure white space with no end in sight. Taking a deep breath, I began to think.

'Open Status'

[Ding!]

Name: Roel Axard

Gender: Male

Age: 17

System Points: 99,999,999(MAX)

Title: None

Class: None

Stats:

Strength: 8

Agility: 9

Endurance: 8

Intelligence: 7

Magic: 23

I breathed out a sigh of relief.

'I really returned to the past.'

I was a 17 years old student when I was first summoned, so my Stats were about average. My maxed out SP(System Points) will allow me to buy useful items early on, but there was a good reason why it was at MAX: in the far future, none of the items in the System Shop would be interesting, as there would be far better alternatives. My Magic Stat is really high though, more than I remember. Maybe it is because of my time travel? Something strange must have happened when my future and past soul fused...

Interrupting my musings, however, was a feminine mechanical voice.

[Successful dimensional transfer detected.]

[Synchronization...]

[Ding!]

[Welcome.]

[You are currently in the "Waiting room". If you want to proceed with the Tutorial, say "Begin Tutorial". Your questions will be answered by the System if you ever have any.]

[You may also open your Status, Inventory or the System Shop if you wish so.]

[You will be forcibly sent to the Tutorial after 24 hours.]

[Good luck.]

Now, any normal person will be ever confused or angry. After all, they had just been basically abducted by aliens. They will ask questions about what happened and blame the poor System on their situation. Me, however, didn't need to, because I already knew what will come.

Just to be sure however, I asked the System a question.

"What is the date?"

[It is the 19th of April 2019. We are a Friday.]

"Thanks. I appreciate it."

[...]

Hearing the fateful day when I was summoned with the first batch of Earthlings, I couldn't help but feel ecstatic. All of my mistakes, all of those who died because I was too weak... I could change the future. No, I will change it.

After losing enough time being happy for the opportunity to start anew, I calmed myself and began to do some stretching. I wanted to get accustomed to my younger, weak self as fast as possible. At the same time, I circulated my Mana inside my body. This warm up method where you don't sit still and meditate but move when you circulate your Mana allowed a better and faster flow of Mana inside your body. However, it is harder and require more focus as you need to move precisely at the same time as your Mana. I also wanted to check if my return to the past caused some anomaly to my body or Mana.

A few minutes in, my concentration was shattered, as a small ball of light appeared before me. From it, a little girl about the size of my palm walked out. With green hair, green eyes and a green dress, the cute small creature flapped her pink crystal insect wings to fly in front of me.

She was a fairy.

"A pleasure to meet you, Otherworlder. My name is Lotus, a fairy and a high rank admninistrator." She bowed, then looked at me with a professional smile. "I hope it is the beginning of a wonderful relationship. May I ask for your name?"

"Roel Axard." I answered, while my mind was working fiercely searching as to why she appeared. She wasn't here the first time I was summoned! Keeping a poker face, I asked her directly. "Can you tell me why are you here?"

"Of course!" She said, while doing a strange flip in the hair. It was kind of cute. "Let me explain everything that's happening!"

4