41 – The loli and the mask
3.5k 12 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time flew by in the owl sanctuary. We successfully established ourselves in this place. This really is nice. Having a place to call home really gives sense to your life. I had lots of fun and did everything I wanted.

I slept as much as I wanted, played as much as I wanted and had sex as much as I wanted. In terms of food, the forest provides everything the people here need. Fish from the river, lots of fruits, berries and vegetables that have an accelerated growth rate which allows us all to eat as much as we want. 

And of course living creatures, however, due the laws established by Edel-chan, meat is rationed so the animals don't go extinct. I can't say I blame her. Well, I mostly satisfy my meat craving with fish anyway, since there is no restriction there and the fish are abundant.

The people here are also really friendly. They welcomed us with open arms when the Queen gave her thumbs up. It reminds me so much of Peona village. Although sometimes when someone requests an audience with the Queen, they did give a big jaw drop. Can't blame them. If I am around, Edel-chan insist to do the talking with me sitting on her lap. 

The cute tsundere Queen has been successfully tamed to the point where I even managed to get her into sex with my girls too, hehe. Mommy Shera is the best match for her. Lina doesn't like anyone other than me touching her fur, Rena is still a kid so I would keep her pure if possible and Nier is just… well let's not go there.

Anyway, life was treating me perfectly. For now I went on my own out of the owl sanctuary. Sometimes I would get bored and would stroll outside of it picking flowers and making small bouquets. Don't get me wrong, the flowers inside are pretty, but it's even prettier when you mix them up.

*Humming a song*

"Hou? What do we have here?"

A voice called out to me. I turned around and behind me there was a man with a muscular body, a black cape and an iron mask on his face. Weird. Never saw someone like him before.

"Can I help you?"

"My, oh my, how lucky of me to meet such a polite child. People could honestly learn a lesson or two in manners from you."

"Thanks… I guess. You're a funny one too, mister. Why are you covering your face? Are you by any chance scared of your own reflection?"

"Hahaha! That's a good one! I'll give you that. Let's just say I have my own reasons for wearing this."

Well, we all have a bit of weirdness inside. It's what separates us from the animals. 

"So, then… do you need something from me?"

"Sorry. I didn't mean to stare for that long. I was just impressed by your…"

"Cuteness?"

"Err. No. Overwhelming mana."

Hmm? That's weird. I thought I was suppressing it. Although I am not good at hiding my mana, Edel-chan taught me in the 3 months I've been with her how to hide it up to a certain point.

"You have good eyes, mister. I'm actually surprised you can see through that thing. Anyway, do you want something with me? If not, please leave me alone."

"Ah, yes. There is something I would like to request from you."

"Well spit it out already."

"I'll start with a question. You probably live in a cozy place. But do you think the rest of the world is also cozy?"

"Of course not. Not all of it at least. The stupid war that's going on between humans and demons is only making a mess."

"My thoughts exactly. War is pointless. And I'm afraid it won't end there. People are greedy. It doesn't matter who wins. Once this war is over, the winners will just start a new one between themselves. And for what? For land? It's just dirt. Many end up being buried in the very earth they are trying to fight for."

"Oh. You kinda get me. Yeah. I totally agree with that. It's so pointless."

"Right? Little miss, I am working to make the world a better place. A cozy place for everyone to enjoy. So here's my request. Would you join me? Together we can reshape the world!"

"Reshape? Just how are you gonna do that?"

"Let me just put it this way. You can't build a new world without first destroying the old one."

"Sorry. Not interested."

I get this guy. He has a vibe and mentality I can get along with. But… my instincts are on guard. Even though he's not emitting a single drop of hostility, all my alarms are turned on.

"That's odd. I thought you would understand. To have someone of your caliber at my side would greatly advance my plans. And I have a subordinate that will probably enjoy having you as a sparring partner. There are only benefits for you. You could have literally anything you want."

"Yeah, still not interested. I appreciate what you're trying to do. But my goal is to live a slow and lazy life. I'm not meant for work. I already have everything I want. And this sounds like a pain in the ass to deal with."

The mask dude dropped his shoulders dejected.

"I see. I guess that means this is the only moment when our paths were meant to connect peacefully. Well then, thank you for your time miss. I will take my leave."

With those words the masked dude turned around and without looking back took a few steps before flying into the air. What a weird guy. He gave me the chills. I hope I never run into him ever again.

------

~A few hours later~

"Oi! What the fuck happened to you!? Don't tell me you got a stomach ache?"

When Mask returned, he placed both his hands on his stomach and he appeared to be in pain.

"Sorry, Sophia. I paid a visit to someone special. Remember the abnormal power I said I felt? I went to meet with that person. A girl... Her power is wonderful. Beyond any mortal, but still beneath me. I offered her the chance to join us, but she declined. However… as soon as she turned me down… the Spirit of Destruction saw her as a meal… I'm currently having trouble restraining him."

"What the…? If that person refused to join, why didn't you devour her?"

"It's not the time yet. You wouldn't eat a fruit that isn't ripe, would you? She still has a role that she must fulfill before I can make a move."

"Tsk. As always, you're head is fucked up and you're only spitting nonsense."

"Be that as it may, please leave me. I need to meditate and calm down the great spirit. I can't have it go on a rampage. Even after all this time, even if it follows my orders, it's still a challenge to suppress his most primal instincts."

The woman named Sophia turned around and left Mask to start his meditation.

Who the fuck is this girl that he keeps speaking of? If she brought Mask in this state… even the so called heroes weren't worth his attention. Maybe I should try locating her too and pay her a visit. But that can wait. I need Mask to drop his guard before I can sneak off on my own. Kek. I'm actually excited to see if there's someone worthwhile out there.

98