44 – Friendly greeting
2.5k 6 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Long grey hair, a strange pair of horns that don't match with one another, large breasts and curvy body, traditional Japanese combat clothes and a large katana, probably twice as big as the one Lina uses.

"Sophia… are you by any chance that one… Dragon God Sophia?"(Edelweiss)

"Hahaha! I guess some people do call me by that name, although I'm not a God at all. Anyway, sorry for the trouble. I'll make sure to scold the puppet master behind all this. He was trying to seek an audience with an acquaintance of mine. Even though he said to leave you alone.

I just came over to see what the fuss was about. But don't worry. Incidents like this won't happen again. So don't sweat it. Anyway, you all be good kids now. See ya later."

"Hey wait just a second!"

"Ayaka, don't…"

Why is Edel-chan so scared? Yes, she does have a cold aura around her that could freeze lava, but as long as I don't show any signs of hostility, we should be able to have a calm and rational discussion.

"What? You still need something, chibi?"

"Don't call me that! But that's not the point. Don't you think we deserve an explanation? What the hell is this all about?"

"Aaa… sorry. I would gladly tell you a little story, but I'm not allowed to. Just be content that we won't mess with you for the time being. Also…

That's a very casual tone you're using. Are you perhaps not aware who I am?"

"You just said your name was Sophia. Is there more behind it?"

"Fufu. Cute. You're quite amusing."

"I suppose you aren't also a part of this Kwan Kwan plot that people keep trying to shove up my throat."

"Nah. You don't have to worry about that. Although I'm surprised you don't know your own origins."

"I have amnesia, okay?"

"Amnesia? How long ago was that?"

"A year and a bit I guess? Why do you care?"

She went silent for a few moments. 

"So you're telling me that you just woke up randomly not knowing anything? That symptom… tell me, what level are you?"

"Me? I'm 99, but what does that have to do with…"

But I didn't get to finish my sentence. My instincts screamed at me like a madman. In the blink of an eye she closed the gap between us. I could barely follow her movements. What gives. It's like she didn't make a single sound. And before I knew it I had to block her sword with my staff. Dangerous.

"Hahahaha!! You're pretty good if you managed to see through that one. Let's have a little test of what you're made of."

*Clash**Bang*

Sparks were flying everywhere. Crap. This isn't good at all. Just what is this woman? I can barely match her speed, and I'm spinning my staff frantically over here.

"Ayaka!!"

"Lina, don't! All of you stay back!! She's too strong, get as back as you can!"

"Hey, it's better to keep your eyes on me, little one!"

She drove her palm into my stomach sending me flying. Darn. That fucking hurts. How can it hurt that much? Fighting her head on isn't smart.

"Purgatory Dragon's… Nuclear Breath!"

I can't play around with her, but keeping my distance is the best choice. However I am surprised. She didn't try to dodge.

"Don't insult me. I am past the point where dragon slayer magic will harm me."

She sliced my blast in half as if it was butter. Crap! Even with Edel-chan I felt like I need to use more force, but this is different. For the first time… I'm scared. Unless I use my Limit Break, it's pretty much impossible for me to fend her off. 

Better safe than sorry. So I took my stance and prepared my staff, and...

"That's enough. I would like to continue this greeting, but if I go further my instincts might take over and I might kill you. So let's end this here. My master will get mad at me if I hurt you. Hahahaha!!!"

Err… she started laughing like a maniac. I didn't say anything funny. What gives? She attacks me out of nowhere and then just wants to leave?

"Now I see why he likes you so much. You might end up being dangerous. I see…"

"Ahem. You're not making any sense, miss."

"Sorry, cutie, I would explain more but given my circumstances I am not allowed to talk. But I can say this: if you want to reveal everything revolving around you, why not ask the Great Sage? Nobody managed to find him though, not even my master. But who knows. You might succeed."

"Miss Sophia, you're not making any sense."

"Regardless, that's all I can say. Sorry again for the commotion. See you later. Also, make sure you reinforce the barrier."

And without any more words, the woman named Sophia vanished as fast as she suddenly appeared.

------

"Ok. What the hell just happened?"

After the whole ordeal, the first thing we did was reinforce the barrier. I combined my power with Edel-chan and now it's twice as strong. After that, Edel-chan calmed everyone down and we finally could talk around a large tree stump that acted as our table.

"You don't know how lucky we are. That woman was Dragon God Sophia. The strongest mortal in the entire world. It is rumored that she surpassed level 100. If she was set on destruction, she would have killed all of us."

Beyond level 100? And here I thought 99 was the cap. I mean I killed lots of things, but stuff like exp in games didn't seem to happen to me. No wonder I was scared.

"Look, Ayaka. It's clear that she and her master will have business with you. This sanctuary can not guarantee your safety. Then again, you are one of my subjects. So I won't abandon you either. The thing is a great mystery is wrapped around you. It's better to reveal it now while we still have the liberty."

"Agreed, I guess… I never cared about my past or origins, but at this point it seems I can't enjoy a lazy life until I get this off my chest. So… how do we do that?"

"I'm afraid the only way is like Sophia suggested. We must speak with the Great Sage. And I think there might be a way to locate him."

94