Chapter 51: Nothing suspicious going on here
763 10 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While {Orchid} was following their mistress who was being led to her room Qin couldn’t help but admire the reliefs on the pure white walls.

It wasn’t exactly unexpected that such an ancient building would have such depictions of past events upon them - especially for this central palace considering {The Immortal Palace} was made during the era of antiquity. Not only that but many of the heroic stories from Topplers were recorded. From the most ancient structures Mother, Munzumira & Sohn-Tochter were some of the most popular bunch to be recorded in the most ancient structures. Obviously it depended on the purpose of the building in the past yet Qin was well aware many palaces had displays of Sohn-Tochter with her being the Heavens and all.

Apparently even {The World Palace} had ones focused around the Indigo family trio’s fight against the dragons who once enslaved all the mortal races. That’s why it wasn’t only not surprising that there were such depictions in {The Immortal Palace}, it was actually quite fitting that there were such reliefs. What was surprising to Qin was the exact figure depicted upon them since these ones focused on a particular Indigo.

While the art in {The World Palace} was a simple general story of the sibling trio the larger palace wasn’t the same. Qin always felt like something was slightly ‘off’ about this palace with how the Qi felt… She could tell it was pure yet for some reason she knew she couldn’t freely control it while these reliefs seemed to hint why.

<Maybe this party wasn’t picked at random? Either way it’s not my job to question the choices made by ojou-sama or the boss’ - I’m just a loyal dog after all. I’ll just focus on my job while listening to any instructions she has for me as well as anything else I can do to please her!>

To summarise it depicted the birth of the child who unlike the other two was taken in by their paternal family where she learned all about war. From there she fit into her new family well due to her overwhelming strength that even the primordial gods & powerful dragons feared resulting in them trying to prevent the oni from ever becoming their enemies. Even going as far as to give some mortals their freedom in order to fight against them through the wisdom of buddhism.

Apparently that was pointless since the little girl convinced her father to go to war to help her older siblings which ended the way everyone knew. It was at this point where a wounded black cat approached the primordial god of fate to flaunt that she was fated to die in the war led against the primordial gods with the youngest daughter leading the charge. The cowardly god who chained her master in the past out of fear of punishment thus sent curses down from the {Heavenly Realm} while convincing the gods to wipe out the oni.

As a result of the cowardly move the youngest indigo not only lost the weapon she dedicated her life to but also the father and brothers she cared for. This caused a righteous fury to well up inside of her which poured out from her mouth and eyes to form a monstrous being created from her unbearable wrath. The rest of the relief could simply just be described as a gore fest as it depicted the monster tearing apart god after god. Meanwhile the cunning black cat, who was more like a chimeric monster in appearance now, used the chaos to rip the heart from the bosom {Primordial God of Fate} which she ate along with the rest of the body.

It was after all this where the ‘demon’ bequeathed the ability to gain ‘absolute’ strength upon the world of mortals. Ruling of the demons from the newly formed {Demon Realm} where she’d eternally watch over the self righteous remains of the {Heavenly Realm}. A realm which is a paradise where talented are never left wanting.

All that was well and good…But why the fuck was one of the four empires secretly paying homage to the {Demon God Empress}. Although simplified, no way she would mistake that monstrous form!

Ignoring the confusion of the {Orchid Shadow Guard} it was surprisingly Ashue who spoke up with that smile on her face while she hugged Slate from behind.

“It seems emperor Dong is a very tasteful person though it would be better if grownup Violet Ojou-sama had a large penis like on my back~!” <Ashue>

“It’s clearly a summary of {The Two Great Wars} so why would she use a technique she hadn’t had the chance to create, idiot!” <Slate>

Violet seemed to care even less since she wasn’t even looking at the depictions unlike the mortal servants who would occasionally glance at them with slight disgust. The guards of the palace meanwhile seemed not only used to them but occasionally sent Violet a curious gaze filled with slight reverence. Seeing this from her Ojou-sama’s shadow, Qin couldn’t help becoming like a smug dog who was watching their owner getting complimented.

<Silly guards don’t realise my Ojou-sama only plans to take women to her bedroom so silly men like them won’t gain her attention!>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A storm of goodbyes came from the rose-gold mirror that Violet held in her hands. Yet she didn’t answer any of the people in the mirror before throwing it backwards for a hasty Slate to catch before it crashed onto the ground. These types of Spirit Tools weren’t exactly cheap let alone one which worked with demonic qi instead of regular qi.

Thankfully the advisor succeeded while looking annoyed as she turned to her supposed equal as she wandered around the room like a tourist. The room as a whole was the size of an entire cabin with a giant bed in the very centre; a violet canopy completely vieling the bed even if nobody was currently resting on it. All around various weapons were put on display while making the observant Slate somewhat confused about why they were here. Other than that, although certainly luxurious, the room was very simple.

<From what I’ve heard about the Dong ‘simple’ isn’t their style since they put a great amount of effort into making things grand. They are very much the showy type of nobles who believe that if you're not wearing a small fortune you don’t deserve to be their guest. For them to have ornamental weapons I could somewhat understand it however these are very much weapons that serve purpose with no over the top designs. Instead of suiting a noble of the Dong empire it seems more likely a room that would be designed for…>

Slate just shook her head while turning to look at Violet who was still cat down at a [Mortal Wood Desk] upon a [Mortal Wood Chair]. Upon her lap was the sleeping little Kitty who she would carefully be running her fingers through the puffy hair of. The [White Tiguar] likely wouldn’t be awake for a while as she had to get used to her newly awakened bloodlines.

“Mmm… Need empty manual… Write…” <Violet>

Seeing how her ojou-sama’s head was gently bobbing up and down while her bell-like voice called out how Slate could not smile. While she wasn’t sure what Violet wanted to write she was at least clear it wouldn’t be for herself since why would her smart Ojou-sama need to write something down in order to remember it. With that in mind she turned to the kitten before turning to Violet once more.

“How about you leave that till tomorrow or the day after since we can go out and see the city during the day tomorrow? You seem rather sleepy with how busy today has been so it will do you some good. Plus it’s your bedtime anyway Ojou-sama.” <Slate>

“Mmm… Fine…” <Violet>

Violet hopped off her chair with the kitten being hugged to her chest with it’s legs just dangling and little head between her bosom. With heavy steps as well as a constant swaying the purple haired oni made her way over while Slate gently placed the expensive communication down on the desk. The little oni climbed into bed while Ashue opened up the chest in front of it.

“So what were you talking about earlier Ojou-sama?” <Slate>

“All… In place… Plan… Soon…” <Violet>

“Ah, I see.” <Slate>

She had absolutely no fucking clue yet that didn’t stop Slate from also sliding under the quilt while Violet lay on her back while hugging Kitty. Slowly Slate lifted the bedding up to Violet’s chest so the kitten could breathe peacefully. Ashue who seemed to just realise what was happening looked back at the trio who were getting ready to sleep with shock.

“Wait, where will I sleep now?” <Ashue>

“Floor seems pretty good for an idiot like you - not like idiots can catch colds!” <Slate>

“Eh~? Why are you being mean!” <Ashue>

The tortoise stomped her foot with crossed arms and a large pout however Slate offered no pity for the woman.

“Have you already forgot when you were getting handsy with me in the bath you dolt?” <Slate>

“What's wrong with that, are you not going to become like a loose fitting fleshlight fo-?” <Ashue>

“*Sigh* You really have no common sense - good night!” <Slate>

“Eh~ but Slate…” <Ashue>

Thus the complaints of the beast continued till the sun rose yet the two oni’s were already well rested by the time anyone continued listening to her.

15