B2 — 14. The System Sheet
278 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
To be clear, this is a continuation of the last chapter. This is what Rachel wrote down when she was asking questions of the girls. The next chapter will start with her finishing the final notes. This is all the information Rachel and the group know.


The System: During The Oscillation, some force changed people; we transformed from humans to these creatures multiple times within the span of the event, and after the cracks and lights in the sky vanished, so did our humanity.

The System functions in a similar manner to a game; we have different stats, abilities, and it has provided some kind of agent that discloses information that we ask. However, there seem to be some rules for this knowledge to be delivered.

  1. The questioner must ask specific questions; it must be appropriately worded.
  2. The person must have a desire for the answer; you cannot ask why if you are not really seeking information, but complaining or simply cursing the circumstance.  You must truly desire the answer to be given.
  3. It must be something that you already have obtained; it will not give you information on the possible abilities you can receive but will provide you with answers to what skills you already have.

The Attribute System: Since the change, we’ve all been given different stats that affect our overall performance.  These stats seem to affect our abilities; these are sperate from our Racial Attributes, such as my Lunar Pool and Maria’s Solar Pool, but they are affected by the Attribute System.  Magic forces could play a significant role in this system, as well. The attributes we’ve been able to identify are as followed:

  • Force
    • Power: is an explosive and wilder exercise of force; this is more my style, but I can better position that explosive force with my high dexterity.  This could also mean potential force as Fiona has an extremely high power capacity, but physically she’s extremely weak.
    • Strength: is a slower and more controlled exercise of force.
  • Defense
    • Toughness: is how much damage we can take before our bones are crushed and skin torn.
    • Resilience: is how well we can redirect force; this is likely what Conner utilized with his skills.  He had an ability that used his Resilience attribute and multiplied it by some Passive Skill.
  • Dexterity
    • Speed: is the ability to move the body in one direction as fast as possible.
    • Agility: is the ability to accelerate, decelerate, stabilize, and quickly change directions with proper posture.
    • Quickness: is the ability to react and change body position with a maximum rate of force production.
  • Energy
    • Constitution: is how long we can function consciously.
    • Stamina: is how long we can function physically.  Fiona may be physically weak, but she can operate for an extended period of time with her spells.
    • Endurance: mitigates the use of all our abilities dealing with Stamina and Constitution.
  • Tenacity
    • Elemental Resistances: are much more oriented with Fiona’s abilities.  She has very high elemental type damage. Apparently, the Slime had very high Elemental Resistances that allowed him to tank a lot of her attacks.
    • Physical Resistances: are my bane; if someone has high Physical Resistance, then they can mitigate a lot of my damage.  This seems to be connected with the Defense stat and adds to it. I suspect the Slime would also have high Physical Resistance.
    • Control Resistances: would be something we’d need against Relica.  This has to do with stuns, charms, and other status effects.
    • Penetration: is a stat that helps bypass resistances.

Types of Effects: we’ve been able to identify.

  • Charms: Maria said the kids were affected by a magical charm spell that she could remove, indicating that there may be other types of charm spells other than magical. 
  • Enrage: Fiona was affected by an Enrage Skill that could be seen as a debuff or buff as it had positive and negative aspects to it.
  • Paralysis: Scarlet was paralyzed by some kind of magical status effect trap that Relica set up; it was clearly magical since her scythe’s Proficiency Skill was able to dispel it.

The Advancement System: It’s clear after some digging that we each can advance within our abilities.  There are two sub-systems at play, the Leveling System and the Proficiency System.  However, the Proficiency System is restricted by the Leveling System; you cannot upgrade the proficiencies beyond a certain point without leveling up a skill to a certain point.  

    • The Leveling System: works by investing points into it; points are gained through obtaining Experience Points.
    • Experience Points: these points seem to be obtainable through combat.  It is unclear if there are other ways to obtain them, but we know the points themselves are earned through battle and likely killing.
    • The Proficiency System: has nothing to do with experience points, and appears to function on its own internal type of experience points.  It is attached to every ability and increases based on the use an ability gets. If used a lot, then it will increase faster.  You have two parts to the Proficiency System, Grades, and Ranks. The earlier Grades and Ranks seem to be easier to level, but it gets more and more difficult as they rise.
  • Grades: Grades are the more substantial part of the Proficiency System; so far, we’re only aware of two Grades, Novice and Rookie.  Novice is the beginning grade that can be upgraded to Rookie if an ability has been leveled to five; otherwise, it will be locked at Rookie.
  • Ranks: operate in numbers of ten, from what we’ve observed.  To upgrade a skill from Novice to Rookie, we must continue to rank it up by using it.  When an ability reaches Rank Ten, then it will level up to the next Grade, obtaining a Proficiency Skill.
  • Proficiency Skills: are skills that are attached to an ability that has reached the Rank Ten of the current Grade.  It’s clear that these skills go up when each grade is maxed; for instance, if Scarlet maxed a Rookie Grade, then it would make the Proficiency Skill Lv. 2.

Achievement System: is relatively unknown to us; only Scarlet and Maria seem to have achievements at the moment, but Relica said it was the only means to counter the snowball effect of the battle experience system.  Maria having more points than me seems to prove that since she didn’t fight at all, but we don’t know if healing can also give experience points toward the Level Advancement System.

The Tree System: appears to function in a variety of different ways, and there are many different branches within it.  They could be considered skills, talents, spells, abilities, but they all have some kind of power attached to them.  Fiona proposed this thought:

  • Trees: are our base, they function as the roots of all our abilities, and they seem to extend into multiple branches, such as Fiona’s different Elemental Branches.
  • Branches: operate in a tier list that chains to different abilities and can branch into smaller branches that house leaves.
  • Leaves: are individual abilities that are a part of Cluster Sets or abilities that all fall under a particular skill.
  • Cluster Sets: are abilities that fall under a parent skill; they appear to require the mother skill to be a certain level to continue leveling the branching skills.  It’s like a single skill that chains into multiple paths.
  • Chain Skills: are skills that upgrade to stronger spells if advanced in a sequence.  Chain Skills can be in Cluster Sets.
  • Link Skills: are abilities that can bridge to create something stronger, combining skills.
  • Racial Skills: are skills that are given to us based on our Race; they’re naturally given, and we don’t know what will happen if we level them up.
  • Stock Skills: charge depending on certain criteria, and usually have a maximum capacity.
  • Channeling Skills: are abilities that may take time to complete.  If it is interrupted, then you’ll be out of your energy and the ability won’t be activated.
  • Charging Skills: differ from channeling in that they don’t need to complete their cast to activate.  If you wish to get the full effects, then you should wait, but it can be shot off at any time; however, it will cost the same base amount, and are usually a lot more costly than other types of abilities.
  • Sub Effects: are additions that appear to be gained upon leveling up skills.
  • Aura Skills: activate in a globe around the caster and affect everyone, friend and foe alike.
  • States: seem to be in a class of their own.  These forms are less of a skill and more of a literal change that comes over us.  Currently, only Scarlet and Fiona appear to have them.

Types of Activations:

  • Active: skills are the standard self-activated spell that requires your desire to use.
  • Passive: skills are always in effect.
  • Reactive: skills are only in effect if certain criteria are met; this is the type to highlight since it is connected to a particular event.

The Oscillation Changed: There are three categories that we can be; we are all the Mythickin Type, but we have different Races and Kinds.  Scarlet is a Mythickin Type, Reaper Race, and Vespertine Kind.

The Oscillation Types:

  • Beastkin: are people that changed to represent some kind of animal or creature.
  • Champions: are people that look like humans, but have their own skill trees.  Relica mentioned a few types, but we don’t know much about them:
      • Fighters
      • Espers
      • Mages
  • Aberationkin: are people like the Slime and possibly the demon-girls I saw at the hospital.
  • Faekin: Relica mentioned these types of people, and Maria said she saw elves and giants that might be a part of this branch.
  • Legendkin: are people that changed to represent some kind of legendary figure.
  • Mythickin: are people that changed to represent some kind of mythical creatures.

Psyche Change:  It’s clear that our minds have been affected by this change.  We’re a lot more capable of causing physical actions than we would have been as humans.  We’re more detached from our humanity than we initially thought. Our minds have definitely changed.

Overall: It appears several systems function together and against each other.  These systems are:

    1. Character System: determines many aspects to our base characters (Fiona and Scarlet keep calling us Characters like in a video game).
      1. Types seem to determine what pool of Races we’re selected to have; selected might not be the best word, though, since we don’t know if there were people determining which person would be changed.
      2. Races give us certain resistances, weaknesses, and skills.
      3. Kinds appear to further centralize us into that specific field, driving us to concentrate on a particular path.  Lunar for me, Vespertine for Scarlet (none of us know what this word actually means), Prismatic for Fiona, and Maria told us that she’s actually a Sunlit Unicorn, showing that she too has a Kind.
    2. Stat System: is similar to games (according to Fiona and Scarlet), and that we each receive points that we can put into each category.  However, this seems to be focused on our actions more than desires (based on each of our current stat distribution), and it doesn’t show us the exact numbers, but what is higher or lower; we don’t know if that’s in comparison to an average across every Type/Race/Kind, in contrast to our stat distribution, or if The System has its own internal identification as to what is low or high.
  • Achievement System: is centered around feats that grant you certain things.  So far, there are only a few things that we’ve been able to determine:
    1. Skills related to achievements, such as Relica’s mind control spell.
    2. Experience points toward at least the Leveling System but could be connected to every other System.
    3. This is probably the least understood area of The System for us.
  1. Ability System: is a bit more complicated; we have trees and branches, but Relica had multiple Trees, while only Scarlet seems to have more than one Tree (having two; Scarlet and Reaper Trees).  It could be that Legendkin have more than one Tree while Mythickin have one, but that doesn’t account for Scarlet’s multiple Trees. We’ll have to work more on this problem. Skills are broken into several categories:
    1. Trees that give weaknesses and strengths.
    2. Base Skills that are given to the person from the start.
    3. Branches that center around a particular style of skills.
    4. Cluster Sets that have multiple Chain and Link skills inside of them.
    5. Chain Skills that don’t necessarily work together, but are upgrades to the previous skill.
    6. Link Skills that link together or function together.
  2. Points System: Based on the experience we get in each category, there appear to be points that are built in each area.  It won’t tell us how many points we have, but by testing out our desires on leveling a skill, it shows us that we have none left; of course, that could also mean we don’t have the requirement to put the points into that skill yet.  So far, we’ve identified:
    1. Stat Points
    2. Skill points

Rachel; Lunar Hare: are Lunar Elemental type based; most of my attacks deal Lunar and Physical damage.

Stats:  

  • Force
    • Power: High
    • Strength: Below Average
  • Defense
    • Toughness: Above Average
    • Resilience: Below Average
  • Dexterity
    • Speed: Very High
    • Agility: Very High
    • Quickness: Very High
  • Energy
    • Constitution: High
    • Stamina: Average
    • Endurance: Below Average
  • Tenacity
    • Elemental Resistances: Above Average, excluding Solar Resistance that is Below Average
    • Physical Resistances: Above Average
    • Control Resistances: Average
    • Penetration: Average
  • Type Abilities: appear to be linked to being a Beastkin or Mythickin, and these abilities are the same across the Types.
  • True Sight: Passive, Level Two, Novice, Rank Three; is the ability that allows Mythickin to see past illusion abilities.  We were able to see past one of the kid’s illusions without even noticing a spell being used.

Base Lunar Tree Skills:

  • Base Hearing: Cluster Set; Level Eight, Rookie Grade, Rank Four
    • Filter: Passive, Level Three, Novice, Rank Five; that lets me filter between sounds.
    • Volume: Passive, Level Five, Rookie Grade, Rank Zero; that allows me to alter the levels of conversations and my immediate surroundings.
      • Ear To The Ground: Passive Proficiency Skill; lets me hear minute sounds in my environment, such as muscle movement, but only works within three hundred feet and fades the further the sound is within that radius.
    • Range: Passive; Level Five, Novice, Rank Nine; increases the distance I can monitor sound.
  • Base Vision: Cluster Set; Level Six, Rookie, Rank One
    • Focus Sight: Passive; Level Four, Novice, Rank Eight; makes my entire field of vision come into focus.  This allows me to run fast while seeing where I must run.
    • Motion Tracking: Passive; Level Two, Novice, Rank Three; helps me predict to a small degree where the kinetic motion of objects will move.
  • Base Smell: Passive, Level Two, Novice, Rank Nine; I can certainly smell a lot more unique things, but I might have to delve into it more if I’m going to be a bloodhound.

Lunar Racials:

  • Lunar Pool: Passive, Level Eight, Rookie, Rank Two; is a racial energy source that is affected by my Endurance Stat.  I don’t know if I should put this in Skills or Attributes but put it here for the moment. It apparently makes me glow faint white with how full it is.
  • Lunar Cap: Reactive, Level One, Novice, Rank One; gives me an extra ten percent boost to my stats when my Lunar Pool is full.
  • Lunar Hair: Passive, Level Five, Novice, Rank Ten; I suppose even Rank Ten must reach its maxed point before going to the next Grade.  This deals with my defense and protects my back. What kind of Proficiency Skill would be gained from this, if any?
  • Lunar Empowerment: Reactive, Level Five, Rookie, Rank One; multiplies my Stats with Lunar Energy.  It does not recover my Stamina, only increasing the Pool Size.
    • As a consequence, it reduces my stats in sunlight.
  • Lunar Deadening: Reactive Proficiency Skill; masks physical pain under moonlight.
  • Lunar Pride: Passive, One, Novice, Rank Ten; this racial affects my emotions more than my actual thoughts.  It is powerful enough to break past Emotional Detachment. I’m not clear on the exact moral code it functions, but from the questions asked, this is what I’ve been able to discover so far:
    • Friends: I’m supposed to treat my friends with respect, which doesn’t mean I can’t tease or make fun of them, but I’m not to betray or harm them.  This could involve me manipulating them, even if it’s to help us in a situation. I’m not supposed to dishonor them.
    • Enemies: If an enemy shows me respect, then I should show them the proper amount in reciprocal, but if they do not show me respect first, then I have no obligation to show them any.  Conner telling me his Race was a show of honor, and I needed to return that.
    • Challenges: I appear to be driven toward conflict and enjoy odds to overcome, but that seems to be limited to a certain degree.  I did feel that drive fade when placed in an impossible situation, such as with Tom and the information he had. I lost everything, no matter what I did, and it was my own shortsighted behavior that landed me there; that in itself stung.  I was careless, which also put my friends in danger.
    • Winning: I’m pulled toward winning; when Daran and Marcus got away, I felt like I’d lost that battle, but I was determined to win the war.
    • Hiding: There’s something about being a Lunar Hare that makes me not want to hide from my enemies.  I can sneak around to get around hindrances, such as avoiding the military. However, I didn’t want to run around Terrell’s men to get to him but run right through the center.  I even chose to be the decoy, choosing to be on the frontline. I don’t want to hide, but stand under the moon and face my foes head-on.
  • Lunar Burst: Active, Level One, Novice, Rank Zero; is a Skill that utilizes my Lunar Energy into a Lunar Elemental and Physical blow that can be multiplied based on the energy used.  However, it does not stack with my Power Attribute, meaning it would be my normal punch, with another blow of Lunar Elemental damage that is separate from the initial strike.  Basically, getting hit by a weak and strong punch at the same time or two different people punching something. The elemental damage might have worked on Conner if I’d have known about the ability.
    • Lunar Damage is multiplied by Lunar Energy used.
    • Physical Damage does not get any multiplier from the energy but would be empowered by Lunar Empowerment if I’m in moonlight.

Cerridwen Branch: Probably some other deity that is connected to something with the moon.

  • Mental Acceleration:  Active, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Two; is the skill that allows me to think at a much quicker rate than is normal.  Without this skill in conjunction with my expanded sight, my accelerated speed would be almost useless; I’d be running into everything.  It’s linked to my Constitution Pool, though.
    • Risk Assessment: Reactive, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Two; helps me handle direct threats during stressful situations, but I don’t know how effective it is at countering Lunar Pride.
      • Emotional Detachment: Active Proficiency Skill; helps with separating from my emotions, but as I’ve recently experienced, it’s not perfect.  Perhaps I can gain a stronger version if I keep upgrading Risk Assessment.
  • Strategic Mind: Reactive Chain Skill Lv. 2, Level Three, Novice, Rank One; helps me move toward the desired goal, keeping my mind working to resolve the problems in my path to achieving that objective.  It might even work in conjunction with Lunar Pride; it could have been functioning with my goal to get back at Daran and Marcus. Everything I did was centered on killing them.

Wenet’s Branch

  • Wenet’s Minor Protection:  Active, Level Four, Novice, Rank Two; is a coat made of moonlight that protects me, absorbing 30% of incoming damage.  However, it also requires a large amount of my Lunar Energy; while in the light of a 3/4th lunar phase, it seems it’s completely sustainable.

Chang’e Branch

  • Lunar Step: Active, Level Three, Novice, Rank One; while in moonlight I can use this skill to create two small transparent disk-like shapes that I can use as steps to launch from; however, the second step must be done within three seconds of the first, and it has a forty-five second cooldown.  It is incredibly sturdy, and I can use my full force with it.

 

Total Skill Points Used: 78

 

Maria; Sunlit Unicorn: Maria’s healing actually takes a hit under direct moonlight (unfortunate).  It adds a higher cost to her abilities by fifteen percent.

Stats:  

  • Force
    • Power: Below Average
    • Strength: Below Average
  • Defense
    • Toughness: Below Average
    • Resilience: Below Average
  • Dexterity
    • Speed: High
    • Agility: Average
    • Quickness: Below Average
  • Energy
    • Constitution: High
    • Stamina: Very High
    • Endurance: Very High
  • Tenacity
    • Elemental Resistances: Average, excluding Lunar Resistance that is Below Average
    • Physical Resistances: Average
    • Control Resistances: Very High
    • Penetration: Above Average

Achievements:

  • Light in the Darkness: Maria told us that this was granted after healing a lot of people, but it seems the direct correlation was the use of the Miracles of the Immaculate Branch.  Providing hope in such a manner that it literally changes their entire view on life.

Type Abilities: 

  • True Sight: Passive, Level Four, Novice, Rank Five; for some reason Maria’s is higher than mine (she was pretty smug about that).  It might have something to do with her Truth based abilities, but I don’t really know why it’s higher when we’ve basically been together the entire time.

Base Sunlit Unicorn Tree Skills:

  • Base Hearing: Passive, Level Two, Novice Grade, Rank Three; is nowhere near my level of hearing, but she seems to have points added into it, and she can hear better than a human.
  • Base Vision: Passive, Level Three, Novice, Rank One; is fairly average across Mythickin, being able to see in the dark.  However, she does not have the wide field of vision I have. It does appear to be a bit wider than normal humans, though.
  • Base Smell: Passive, Level One, Novice, Rank Two; is even lower than mine.  She can certainly smell a lot more than humans, but her sense of smell isn’t anywhere near mine.

Sunlit Racials:

  • Solar Pool: Passive, Level Nine, Novice, Rank Eight; is similar to my Lunar Pool.  The difference is that it has two Link Abilities attached to it and is much larger than mine.  It also seems to recharge much slower because of its larger capacity.
    • Life Link: Passive Link Skill; attaches to Maria’s Solar Pool and makes it, so her body is actually more energy than physical, leading to the second Link Skill.
    • Sunlit Body: Passive Link Skill; is basically a form of immortality (Scarlet and Fiona called it super broken).  Maria has all the appearances of being corporal, but if cut, then she will heal, almost instantly, using her energy.  It functions as follows:
      • If she has energy, then she can regenerate.
      • If she is in sunlight, then she cannot completely die and will return unless blocked from sunlight while regenerating.
      • There’s also a caveat that if her horn is active and damaged then it will disrupt this ability for five minutes, making it void, and causing her to bleed (shockingly it’s brighter than my blood, and she insists that it tastes like raspberries … Scarlet utterly refused to try it because it smells rotten).
      • If any part of her is cut, such as her hair to her ire, then it will regrow unless her horn is broken.  She tried cutting her hair after Scarlet broke her horn, and it didn’t grow back until the five minutes (Fiona said she looked pretty salty after finding that out … it seems to be an internet term for angry or resentful).
      • Apparently it hurts a lot if broken; she even cried a little, but quickly regained her tough girl attitude.
  • Ambassador of Truth: Passive, Level Five, Novice, Rank Ten; is the skill that makes it so Maria cannot lie.  If she chooses to respond, then it will always be the truth. It’s even more iron-clad than Lunar Pride.  She cannot tell half-truths or try to deceive the person. It has two functions:
    • She cannot deceive a person.
    • She can detect lies.  However, this seems to be limited; she cannot detect me manipulating people by speaking the truth.  She cannot detect that I am manipulating them for our own gain. I suspect that this could mean that her inability to deceive is not foolproof as well, but she seems to believe it is.
  • Benevolent Heart: Passive, Level Four, Novice, Rank Max; is similar to Lunar Pride in how it changes Maria’s mental state, but from what I’ve heard about Maria, she was pretty benevolent toward her gang members and block.  This passive makes Maria more compassionate and feel like she should help. Maria just called it human decency and brushed it off. How it makes her feel isn’t as powerful as Lunar Pride, but it does seem to play a role in her decision making.
    • Thankful Hearts: Stock Proficiency Skill; mitigates Maria’s healing by one percent, stacking up to a maximum of ten people, for every person that’s thankful for Maria being present.  Meaning, this could mitigate up to ten percent of every one of her healing abilities used.
      • Up to a maximum of 10% cost reduction.
      • Reduces cost to the energy spent after other energy reduction skills, meaning if a skill costs 20 energy, her reduction reduces the cost by half, so it’s 10, then it will now make it cost 9 (if it was 60% and not 50%, followed by 10% then it would cost her 8, but since it doesn't stack it would give her 9 instead).
  • Radiant Purity: Passive, Level Five, Rookie, Rank One; it doesn’t seem to give anything but a weak calming effect currently.  This is the white glow that surrounds Maria.
    • Sun Touched: Passive Proficiency Skill: is a light golden hue that Maria appears to have recently obtained.  It adds a purifying affix to her aura that can clean the impurities from people’s bodies, such as bacteria and viruses.  Fiona made a joke that if you have a cold, then cuddle with Maria for a few hours and be cured, and she’s not wrong.
  • Beacon of Light: Reactive, Level Nine, Rookie, Rank One; is Maria’s horn that appears whenever she uses her abilities.  It has a few functions and weaknesses but is activated every time she uses her abilities. It makes sense why it would be the highest leveled and graded ability she has.  What we currently know is: 
    • It is active whenever she uses her skills; the only exception seems to be Diagnosis in its passive form.
    • If the horn is disrupted or broken, then she’ll be locked out of her abilities for five minutes; her horn is fairly durable (it took Scarlet throwing her crescent blood blade at it to break while also cutting through the brick into the janitor closet next door … she got a little carried away).
    • She can only heal people that are bathed in the light; if the light from the horn is blocked, then she cannot heal a person.

Sun Touched Branch

  • Diagnosis: Reactive/Active, Level Seven, Rookie, Rank Zero; is a skill that allows Maria to identify different types of illnesses in the people around her.  She can only detect things that she can cure; it could kill her, but if she could cure or fix it with her current skill level, then it will be identified.  It has a few functions that are worth noting:
    • Reactive: deals with immediately life-threatening issues around Maria that will instantly make her aware of the situation.
    • Active: deals with any form of problem that she can cure; she can turn this skill off and on (she says that it’s annoying knowing everyone’s problems).
    • Doctor Maria: is Fiona’s name for it; Maria seems to gain knowledge about the illnesses that are affecting the people around her.  She can only give you a rough memory recount of what a specific issue and its name are once she’s no longer in range of the person, but while diagnosing someone’s problems, she knows the medical description and the underlying cause.
  • Lesser Heal: Active Charging Spell, Level Five, Novice, Rank Eight; is Maria’s staple healing spell that fixes bruising and small cuts.  It won’t do massive gashes. It does work on internal cuts, which we can be thankful for.
    • Heal: Active Chain Charging Skill Lv. 2, Level Three, Novice, Rank Six; was used to heal the women trapped in ice.  It takes a lot out of Maria to use the stronger version, but she seemed to be using it much of the day, which raised its rank.
  • Lesser Purify: Active Charging Skill, Level Five, Novice, Rank Five; seems to function in a minor way that can purify toxins in the body.  Maria said that she cured someone’s hangover with this ability.
    • Purify: Active Chain Charging Skill Lv. 2, Level Five, Novice, Rank Two; is the ability that Maria likely used to cure Scarlet’s Blood Corruption because Lesser Purify doesn’t seem strong enough.  It requires a lot more of Maria’s Solar Energy to use.
      • Purifying seems to work on illnesses, poisons, corruption, and just about anything harmful to a person’s body.
  • Solar Resilience: Active Charging Skill, Level Five, Novice, Rank Seven; is the skill that protected us from Scarlet’s Fear Aura.  It doesn’t seem to place a shield of protection around us as much as it raises our resistances against such status effects.  So, it’s not a hundred percent blocking agent but helps fight against adverse status effects.
    •  

Miracles of the Immaculate Branch: seems to be centered on more miraculous feats compared to the Sun Touched Branch.  These spells take a lot more Solar Energy than the previous, but Maria said she was able to cure a birth defect in a person that changed their lives; I think being in the sunlight changed Maria a bit … she’s still blunt, but she almost seems nicer.

  • Solar Mitigation: Reactive, Level Two, Novice, Rank Two; is linked to the Miracles of the Immaculate Branch, and any skill that is within it has its cost reduced by ten percent when Maria is in direct sunlight.  It’s not a ton, but I suppose it’s something.
  • Lesser Cure Defect: Active Channeling Skill, Level Three, Novice, Rank Four; repairs the damaged DNA in someone’s body; it seems to be limited with the Lesser version, but functions surprisingly well from what Maria explained.  She used it to heal two autoimmune diseases earlier today.
  • Restore Minor Appendage: Active Channeling Skill, Level Three, Novice, Rank Three; she’s used this skill to restore Coral’s ear, toes, and fingers that had been cut off.  She used it to heal a few agents and office workers’ lost appendages too. It requires a lot of energy, but it appears that being in the sun helps mitigate some of the cost.
  • Lighthouse: Achievement Skill, Single Use, No Energy Cost; Active Channeling Skill, Level Forty, Novice, Rank Zero; the highest level skill we’ve seen, and gained through the Achievement Light in the Darkness.  Too bad it’s a single-use skill; I suppose it functions like Relica’s Mind Flay ability, and that makes it appear like all Achievement based spells are a one-time use. This spell has several functions once activated that are pretty miraculous.
    • 1st it will begin at Maria’s horn and shoot a bright ray of light into the sky that will form into a miniature sun.
    • 2nd only those seeking help, that are desperately seeking shelter, and support will be able to see this light.
    • 3rd it will provide mental and physical fortitude to all those willing to accept Maria’s aid, and provide comfort within a ten-mile radius, and touched by the glow.
    • 4th it will gently pull those who keep their eyes upon the globe toward Maria.
    • 5th once its time limit of thirty minutes runs out, it will explode in a burst of light that will heal all those seeking aid within a ten-mile radius with an equivalent to Maria’s Heal spell and dispel any harmful Status Effects that can be countered by the Purify Skill.
    • Note that it does take thirty seconds to activate and if halted, then the spell will be void, and Maria won’t be able to cast it again.

Liberation of the Light Branch: seems to be Maria’s movement or escape type skills; she didn’t particularly like this branch, saying she doesn’t run from things, but liked the idea of being able to teleport into banks...

  • Solar Traveler: Active, Level One, Novice, Rank Zero; is Maria’s teleportation like skill that allows her to transport anything touched by Beacon of Light to a new location that she’s been before.  It’s a pretty impressive skill:
    • She closes her eyes and can see an area that she wishes to teleport to, but this is in her memory, not what it looks like now.  Apparently, she cannot teleport to a location if another object already occupies the place she wishes to transport her target.
    • She cannot teleport someone to a location if she knows it will harm them, such as a volcano, but she could teleport someone toward a cliff with a volcano over the edge.
    • Trying to teleport outside of the sunlight requires double the Solar Energy, and in moonlight triple the Solar Energy.  No wonder she didn’t want to use it and complied with Scarlet’s teleportation skills.
  • Light Feet: Active, Level Five, Novice, Rank Four; fortifies Maria’s body with her energy to run at an accelerated pace.  She was able to keep up with me after gaining some momentum, but her stop game needs some work.

 

  • Total Skill Points Used: 86

Fiona; Prismatic Fairy: the big downside for her being a Fairy is that she’s now three inches tall, much to her ire.  She could even fit through the hole Scarlet made in the wall when she was trying to cut Maria’s horn, though, it was a tight fit.  Most of her spells seem to be conjuring based rather than manipulating existent elements.

Stats:  

  • Force
    • Power: Extremely High
    • Strength: Extremely Low
  • Defense
    • Toughness: Extremely Low
    • Resilience: Extremely Low
  • Dexterity
    • Speed: High
    • Agility: High
    • Quickness: High
  • Energy
    • Constitution: Average
    • Stamina: Above Average
    • Endurance: Above Average
  • Tenacity
    • Elemental Resistances: Extremely High
    • Physical Resistances: Extremely Low
    • Control Resistances: Average
    • Penetration: Above Average

Type Abilities: 

    • True Sight: Passive, Level Two, Novice, Rank Two; just the standard anti-illusion stuff.  Nothing new.

States:

  • Warpath: Reactive, Level Five, Novice, Rank Six; is an Enrage State that has some powerful buffs and debuffs:
    • All spells double in power (this doesn’t mean the base spell, meaning this stacks with other buffs Fiona might get).
    • Cost of all spells are increased by fifty percent.
    • Energy will be continually drained until the target is dead or the host has died.  This is a scary one, but this doesn’t mean that Fiona can’t eat sugar to buy herself time.

Base Prismatic Fairy Tree Skills:

  • Base Hearing: Passive, Level Two, Novice Grade, Rank Five; Fiona seems to have better hearing than Maria, but that might be because she was constantly trying to listen to Terrell’s gang when she was caught.
  • Base Vision: Passive, Level Four, Novice, Rank Four; this includes the standard night vision that we have.  Fiona seems to have pretty decent eyes that can catch things further away.
  • Base Smell: Passive, Level One, Novice, Rank Two; same as Maria, they can smell new things that they haven’t experienced as humans, but only slightly.
  • Zoolingualism: Passive, Level Three, Novice, Rank Two; is an ability that allows Fiona to communicate with animals.  It translates the expression of both parties; even if the creature can only show base instinctual emotions, then it will express it in words that can be understood by both parties.  It may be a simple conversation or a complicated one, depending on the creature.

Prismatic Racials:

  • Disaccharides (Sugar) Pool: Passive, Level Eight, Rookie, Rank Two; Fiona’s energy source seems to function off this skill.  It won’t tell us its harmful properties, but we know she’ll get the Addled Debuff if she eats too much sugar, and it’s clear that Maria can’t dispel or detect it as of yet.  Perhaps there are smaller degrees of detection that she can level, such as the Addled Debuff and Scarlet’s Corrupted Debuff.
    • Life Link: Passive Link Skill; is similar to Maria’s Life Link, and I assume related to Relica’s; she dies if her Sugar Pool reaches zero.
      • Unlike Maria, Fiona can bleed, and it’s blue.  I don’t know if she can die from bleeding out, but she can bleed.
      • Fiona might be immortal in the sense that she can’t age anymore, though.  We have no clue about that with any of us … time will tell.
  • Well Fed: Buff Effect; is an effect that Fiona tested out; if she goes beyond a hundred percent of her Sugar Pool, then she can get this buff that increases her magical output by ten percent.
    • We speculated that if she continued to eat sugar, then at some point, the Well Fed Buff would be converted to the Addled Debuff, making her basically drunk.  It could also be connected to the type of sugar she eats, too; we’ll have to test that more.
  • Prismatic Lumination: Not necessarily a skill or ability, but Fiona wanted me to write it down because her wings, hair, nails, and eyes change color depending on the type of magic she’s using.  It seemed like more of a Prismatic thing.
  • Plight of the Whimsical: Passive, Level One, Novice, Rank Four; is more of a negative that really hit home for Fiona; this skill basically makes it easier for her moods to swing.  It’s likely very similar to my Lunar Pride Racial.
  • Fairy Wings: Active, Level Six, Rookie, Rank One; oddly enough aren’t a part of her actual body.  Her wings are more energy-based but are required for her to fly. They’ve recently gained a Proficiency Skill that acts as a Cluster Set, as well, proving that Proficiency Skills can be more than just simple once and done skills.  An annoying thing for her is that Fairy Dust is a Passive … she’s a dust generator; at least her dust vanishes if not sealed.
    • Second Wind: Reactive Proficiency Skill; allows Fiona a parachute type of fail-safe.  If she is falling at a threatening speed, then her wings will activate before striking a solid object.  It sounds like the system has some kind of foresight because how else would it know she was in danger … of course, Relica did say something about seeing the future (a lot of help that did her).
      • Note that it does have an hour cooldown.
  • Fairy Dust: Reactive Chain Skill Lv. 2, Level One, Novice, Rank Zero; is produced by Fiona’s wings (if she doesn’t want to spread dust, then she needs to keep her wings deactivated, but she really loves flying).  There are eight branches of dust that can influence those around her, and she must produce one when activating her wings:
    • Red Dust
      • Dark: Rage
      • Normal: Anger
      • Light: Annoyance
  • Orange Dust:
    • Dark: Vigilance
    • Normal: Anticipation
    • Light: Interest
  • Yellow Dust:
    • Dark: Ecstasy
    • Normal: Joy
    • Light: Serenity
  • Lime Green Dust:
    • Dark: Admiration
    • Normal: Trust
    • Light: Acceptance
  • Emerald Green Dust:
    • Dark: Terror
    • Normal: Fear
    • Light: Apprehension
  • Cyan Blue Dust:
    • Dark: Amazement
    • Normal: Surprise
    • Light: Distraction
  • Sapphire Blue Dust:
    • Dark: Grief
    • Normal: Sadness
    • Light: Pensiveness
  • Purple Dust:
    • Dark: Loathing
    • Normal: Disgust
    • Light: Boredom
      • Notes:
        • Each of these dusts are dispersed into the air when she flaps her wings but is still spread by being out, just in a much smaller radius.
        • Fiona’s mood can also change the type of dust produced without her realizing it, which could be a problem.  If she gets angry, then she’ll create dust that makes it so others are more easily agitated, and the situation could continue to spiral.  Thankfully, her level and rank are low enough where it doesn’t have much of an effect … yet.
        • She might gain more control over it if she sinks more levels into it, or it could go completely out of control.  Currently, it seems like it only causes a very minor effect on those around her.
        • Each branch has multiple shades of the color within them that cause different effects.
        • The dust slowly vanishes as it’s dispersed into the air, but we were able to keep some in a jar we sealed … it could be useful in certain situations if made more potent.  Perhaps throwing a jar full into someone’s face would have stronger results.
        • Once the jar is opened, the dust will begin to dissolve into the air (Fiona had to stay in the jar for several minutes before we had enough to seal it).
        • Fiona’s kind of annoyed right now that people can tell her mood by the color of dust her wings produce … it’s light orange.

Wind Magic Branch: is the first branch Fiona unlocked.  It gives her a green glow whenever used.

  • Wind Shield: Active, Level Five, Novice, Rank Ten; helped protect Fiona against all sorts of problems, from environmental (like a shower and ocean) to smashing her tiny body into things (like her shower head … Maria got a crack out of that one).
    • It drains Fiona’s Sugar Pool by the force it repels, meaning it compensates for the defense needed.
    • I’m going to stick with Sugar Pool from now on; the other one basically means the same thing anyway.
    • She can place this shield on others or herself, but it seems that when placed on others, the energy cost of repelling objects increases by twenty-five percent.
  • Wind Prison: Active, Level Two, Novice, Rank One; is a pretty interesting spell that locks a target in a cyclone of wind.  Apparently, if you toss something in, it’ll get spun super fast and bounce around the inside, while repelling anything trying to get out.
  • Wind Wall: Active, Level Four, Novice, Rank Six; operates in a similar manner to Wind Shield in that it requires an active amount of energy to repel an object; however, it appears to have a threshold to that defense as a charged light arrow was able to penetrate it.  A reason for that could be from the Elf-woman’s Penetration Stat, though. The Cat-girl was able to penetrate Fiona’s Wind Wall, as well, which might add more weight to the penetration argument.
  • Levitation: Active, Level Three, Novice, Rank Three; is a floating skill that makes Fiona’s desired target float.  It seems related to weight, increasing its cost based on the amount lifted and at what speed.

Fire Magic Branch: Fiona’s second branch (if you count Hot Air in the Fire Branch since it is between Wind and Fire) that makes her glow red. 

  • Inferno: Active, Level Five, Novice, Rank Seven; is the base fireball spell that Fiona has been using.  It summons a globe of fire that she can fuel energy into. It seems to have a cap to how big it can get; the time she made it grow to the size of a bonfire seems to be the cap (when she was threatening the smoke guy).
    • Conflagration: Active Chain Charging Skill Lv. 2, Level Three, Novice, Rank One; is the monstrous sun-like sphere that she created.  It’s a Channeling Skill, meaning that the longer she charges it, the stronger it gets, and it doesn’t cost anything more to channel  it to its maximum, but costs the same high price if you let it go after a second or its maximum charge of fifteen seconds.

Water Magic Branch: is the third branch opened to Fiona; apparently, she used it to scare her cat off the table.  Scarlet really wants to meet this cat Fiona keeps talking about. This makes her glow dark blue.

  • Water Ball: Active, Level Three, Novice, Rank Six; conjures a globe of water that she can throw.  This seems to be the counterpart to Inferno and can be increased to a large sphere if she dumps more energy into it.
  • Water Prison: Active, Level Two, Novice, Rank Two; forms a globe of water around a target and traps them in a cyclone within, and if they can’t breathe underwater, then they’ll drown because there’s no air inside.

Ice Magic Branch: is the fourth branch opened to Fiona, and makes her glow light blue.

  • Ice Shard: Active, Level Five, Novice, Rank Zero; seems to be a prerequisite to obtaining Ice Spear.  It’s a weaker version of the same spell. She likely moved past this spell to Ice Spear to have the penetration power to break past Marcus’ shield.
    • Ice Spear: Active Chain Skill Lv. 2, Level Four, Novice, Rank Eight; appears to function similarly to Water Ball and Inferno with adding more energy to it increases its size and penetrating capability.  It has a high penetration ability.
      • When boosted by Warpath, it seems it turns more into an Ice Lance than an Ice Spear.
      • It also gives the same effect as a Level Two Frost spell.
  • Frost: Active Charging Skill, Level Five, Novice, Rank Three; is the ability to chill objects.  She used this against the Slime to keep him in place.
    • Freeze: Active Chain Charging Skill Lv. 2, Level Two, Novice, Rank Four; is the spell used to freeze objects solid.  Fiona feels really bad about not realizing that if she freezes people in water that it will expand and cause millions of tears in a person’s body.

Earth Magic Branch: is the fifth branch unlocked by Fiona, and turns her aura a light brown.

  • Earth Displacement: Active Charging Spell, Level Two, Novice Rank Four; does as it implies, and can be used with her own conjured earth or normal dirt, but doesn’t work with metal.  Although, she can use the dirt to move metal, it seems to take more energy since it’s based on weight.
  • Earth Shield: Active Charging Spell, Level Three, Novice, Rank Six; is a shield of earth that surrounds people Fiona wishes to shield.  There’s no air inside, so she must use Earth Displacement to create breathing holes. She used it as an earth prison, but it seems like Earth Shield and Prison differ in how strong each side is.  The strength is hardest on the inside with Prison and hardest on the outside with shield.
    • She apparently thought about Earth Prison but didn’t desire it, instead opting to use shield in the circumstance; this furthers the idea that it’s based on our desires, not what we think might be good for a situation.

Lightning Magic Branch: is the sixth branch Fiona used, and turns her aura yellow.

  • Shock: Active Charging Spell, Level Three, Novice, Rank Two; is the base electric attack Fiona has.  Similar to her other spells, it increases its power based on the energy given but does have a cap.

Link Magic Branches: Not officially a Branch, but it seems some skills occupy multiple Branches, like dividing down the center.

  • Hot Air: Active Charging Skill, Level One, Novice, Rank Two; expels a jet of hot air.  The temperature can be increased based on the energy used and mixes her Wind and Fire colors.
  • Total Skill Points Used: 85

 

Scarlet; the Vespertine Reaper: a glorified vampire while not being called a vampire.  Who knows why she gets the fancy name (none of us know what Vespertine means).  Maybe she’s not a Mythickin Vampire because Jael is already the Mythickin Vampire, or perhaps it has something to do with the Reaper inside of her … the more I learn about it, the surer I am that it’s something separate from Scarlet (yet has the same name?).  She is such an all-rounder too, and Scarlet’s Blessing … super broken.

Stats:  

  • Force
    • Power: Above Average
    • Strength: Above Average
  •  
  • Defense
    • Toughness: Above Average
    • Resilience: Above Average
  •  
  •  
  • Dexterity
    • Speed: Above Average
    • Agility: Above Average
    • Quickness: Above Average
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Energy
    • Constitution: Above Average
    • Stamina: Above Average
    • Endurance: Above Average
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Tenacity
    • Elemental Resistances: Above Average
    • Physical Resistances: Above Average
    • Control Resistances: Above Average
    • Penetration: Above Average
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Achievements: Scarlet’s achievements are so scary that she’s told us that she doesn’t want to tell us what they do; they frightened her so badly that she doesn’t want to risk anyone learning about them.  What she has told us is that both are Level One Hundred, Grade Godly, Rank Maxed, and they’re so terrible that she thinks the whole world would turn on her if they found out what they did.

  • The Goddess’s Vessel: Achievement Skill, Level One Hundred, Godly, Rank Max.
  • Reaper of Blood: Achievement Skill, Level One Hundred, Godly, Rank Max.

Type Abilities: 

  • True Sight: Passive, Level Two, Novice, Rank Max; just the standard anti-illusion stuff.  Nothing new.
    • Low-Level Transformation Sight: Passive Proficiency Skill Lv. 1; appears to be the upgrade version of our Mythickin vision, allowing us to see past even people that have transformed.
  •  

States: 

  • Blood Corruption: is the state Scarlet goes into when she drinks expired or old blood.  Apparently, blood can still be warm inside someone’s body and used in blood transfusions for six to eight hours.
    • Locked State: Passive Link Skill; is when Scarlet is locked into a specific Tree, in this case, Scarlet’s Tree.
  •  
  • Guise of the Reaper: is a state in which Scarlet basically becomes a Grim Reaper ... literally.
    • Cloak of the Reaper: Reactive, Level Five, Rookie, Max; is when Scarlet takes on the state of a Grim Reaper.  She becomes a skeleton, bones and all.
    • Phantom: Passive Proficiency Skill Lv. 2; allows Scarlet to phase through objects.  It appears to have increased the length of time she can phase with the second grade upgrade.
    • Amortality: Passive Link Skill; is what makes her so powerful.  This Link Skill makes her all but invincible. She’s immune to all status effects and damage.
      • According to google:  Amortality is the condition of never having died and being unable to die, as an amortal entity was never "alive" to begin with. As amortality refers to entities that have never been alive from the beginning, it is different from "immortality," which means a living being who is unable to die.
    • Levitate: Passive Link Skill; seems really good, I mean, she can float around, but this actually seems to be kind of her downside.  She’s super slow. She can teleport, but it’s not really instant and can be dodged. Catching up to Relica was the hardest part for her.
    • Locked State: Passive Link Skill; is just like the Blood Corruption counterpart.  She cannot use any skill, but what is in her Reaper Tree. She’s locked out of her Scarlet Tree, including Scarlet’s Blessing, meaning all of her Proficiencies are dropped to Novice, Rank Zero. 
  •  
  •  
    •  
  •  
  •  

Base Scarlet Tree Skills: acts more like a Racial Tree.

  • Scarlet’s Blessing: Maxes all Scarlet’s Proficiencies.  The ultra broken skill or what Fiona calls a cheat skill.
  • Seditionist of the Sun: Reactive; is odd; it doesn’t have any levels or skills but is the reason why the sun kills her.  Sunlight seems to deal percentage-based damage to her, and the percentage-based damage increased based on the level  of intensity of the sunlight she’s exposed to.  The strange thing about this is that it’s in her Scarlet Tree and not a Racial; our weaknesses and strengths like this are in our Racials, but many of the skills in Scarlet’s Tree seem to be a combination of Racials and Base Abilities.
    • The more we learn about Scarlet’s abilities, the more it becomes clear that there’s something different about her, even within the Mythickin category.  Seditionist? Why is Scarlet looking to overthrow the sun? It must have something to do with whatever The Reaper of Blood is.
  • Heart of Blood: Passive, Level Ten, Versed, Rank Max; Scarlet's life force.  Her very life is linked to her heart, and if her heart is destroyed, then she will die.
    • Regeneration: Passive Proficiency Skill Lv. 3; is the proficiency skill that gives Scarlet her rapid recovery.  I suspect this skill is meant to help protect her by using her body as a shield and keeping her active and able to escape.
    • Life Link: Passive, Link Skill; is just like Maria and Fiona’s Link Skill and is connected to Scarlet’s heart.  If her heart is destroyed, then she will be as well, but it seems like she has some safeguards for her heart being damaged with Regeneration.
  •  
  •  
  • Blood Manipulation: Active, Cluster Set, Level Eight, Rookie, Rank Max; allows Scarlet to manipulate her own blood.  It takes some concentration and imagination for her to change it into other shapes besides the presets.
    • Blood Crystallization: Active, Chain Skill Lv 2, Cluster Set, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; 
      • Blood Spear: Active, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; is where scarlet’s blood turns into sharp spear-like shapes, more like liquid spikes of crystallized blood.
        • Spike: Sub-effect, that can branch into multiple spears to strike her enemy.
        • Blood Penetration: Reactive Proficiency Skill Lv. 2; auto attacks when Scarlet feels threatened.
          • Adds a mild penetrate guard affix.
  •  
    •  
      •  
    •  
      •  
      • Blood Cocoon: Reactive/Active, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; acts as a shield or weapon, surrounding her target or herself.
        • Blood Protection: Reactive Proficiency Skill Lv. 2; auto defends when Scarlet feels threatened.
          • Adds a mild defense against the Penetration affix.
      • Blood Razer: Active, Level One, Novice, Rank Max; creates liquid blades that act like razors, forming around Scarlet’s desired target.
        • Blood Syphon: Proficiency Skill; absorbs a portion of the target’s blood with contact.
      • Blood Collection: Active Channeling Skill, Level One, Novice, Rank Max; only works on the blood of the dead, but draws the blood back into the body to suck out. 
        • Blood Call: Proficiency Skill; allows Scarlet to manipulate blood outside the body into a ball to drink (works with blood packs).  This is how she became corrupted when she gathered all the blood. This skill requires a lot of initial energy to perform with the hope of replenishing it.  The cost is equivalent to the blood collected and the level of Blood Collection.
    •  
  • Base Hearing: Passive, Level Three, Novice Grade, Rank Max;.is pretty good.
    • Pulse: Proficiency Skill; allows Scarlet to hear the pumping of people’s blood twenty feet from her.
  •  
  • Base Vision: Passive, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; Scarlet has fairly normal vision.  She has good eyes, and can see in the dark like the rest of us, but nothing really special from her normal vision.
  • Vampiric Vision: Active, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; allows Scarlet to see inside people’s bodies.  She can see their blood, muscles, and bones. She can see up to a mile away.
    • Penetration: Proficiency Skill Lv. 2; allows Scarlet to see through normal materials.  She has a bit of a harder time with dense metals at her current level.
  •  
  • Base Smell: Passive, Level Three, Novice, Rank Max;.gives her the best nose out of us all.
    • Scent Recollection: Proficiency Skill; allows Scarlet to recall the scents of those she’s smelled in the past few days.  We speculate that as this skill goes up, the further back she can remember scents.
  •  
  • Negative Emotions: Passive, Cluster Set, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; 
    • Emotional Absorption: Active Proficiency Skill Lv.2; gives Scarlet the ability to absorb emotional energy.  What this emotional energy is used for is currently unknown, but Scarlet did say she used it to drown the Reaper in some mental ocean, where she’s now sleeping.
  •  
  • Fangs: Passive, Cluster Set, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; apparently, Scarlet’s teeth can become stronger and stronger based on the level.  It increases her penetration.
    • Blood AbsorptionActive, Level One, Novice, Rank Max; absorbs the blood of the target and draws it into her heart, converting it to blood energy.
      • Control: Active Proficiency Skill; gives Scarlet the ability to control the rate at which she sucks someone’s blood.  She stated she could make it last hours.
  •  
    •  
    • Blood Infection: Active, Level One, Novice, Rank Max; introduces a rotting agent into the blood that is similar to skin eating disease.
      • Infection: Active Proficiency Skill; makes it so anyone who comes into contact with the infected rot of the victims become infected themselves … Scarlet’s skills are pretty vicious.
    •  
    • Blood Thinner: Active, Level One, Novice, Rank Max; releases a thinning agent into the target that makes it so the wound won’t close.
      • Hemorrhage: Active Proficiency Skill; makes the target bleeding from every orifice.  
    •  

Base Reaper Tree Skills:

  • Advanced Detection: Active, Level Two, Novice, Rank Max; provides Scarlet with a sense of her surroundings.  It’s less sight and more sensing energy in a three-dimensional view.
    • Object Penetration: Proficiency Skill; allows Scarlet’s to see through weak walls.
  •  

Reaper Racials: 

  • Unliving: Passive, Level One, Novice, Rank Max; is the skill that gives Scarlet a dead form.  Her heart wouldn’t even be functioning if not for the Heart of Blood skill in Scarlet’s Tree.
    • Light Resistance: Proficiency Skill Lv. 1; gives Scarlet resistance to Reaper’s natural nemesis, the Light Element.  This seems to be different than the Solar Element that Scarlet’s weak to.
      • Scarlet doesn’t have any body heat.
  •  
    •  
  • Reap Life: Active, Level Three, Novice, Rank Max; does as stated, it takes a base amount of someone's spiritual force, a.k.a. Life Force.  It's less actual time someone has to live and more the vitality or energy their spirit has.
    • Clean Cut: Proficiency Skill Lv. 1; like cutting anything, reaping the life from someone can be messy or clean, and the higher level this is, it seems less of the Life Force gathered is lost.  Right now, this adds a single percent more to the skill.
      • It seems to get the highest possible amount of Life Force you'd need to have it at the highest level and proficiency.

Vespertine Racials: by all our knowledge shouldn’t be a Racial, but it seems it is.  Vespertine is a strange word. We asked one of the agents outside to look it up, and they said it meant active during the evening, related to bats and owls, but that doesn’t mean they’re active in full darkness or at night.

  • Creature of Twilight: Passive, Level One, Novice, Rank Max; is one of the strangest skills Scarlet has.  Apparently, this means Scarlet has the physical body of light and darkness, not to be confused with Solar, but Reapers have a weakness to the Light Element.  Scarlet is full of contradictions, and I believe it has something to do with The Reaper of Blood … nothing else makes sense. We have no clue what might happen if she levels this up.
  • Shadow Movement: Active, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; would be a part of Twilight or Light and Dark because you can’t have light without shadows and shadows without light.  They’re two sides of the same coin. This is Scarlet’s ability to teleport through shadows, which begs the question, can she get the skill to teleport through light?
    • Shadow Sight: Passive Proficiency Skill Lv. 2; lets Scarlet see through shadows that she can teleport to, allowing her to spy or scout out an area she’ll teleport to.  This has a limited range of two hundred feet, anything more, and she’s teleporting blind (unless she scouts it out with her Vampiric Vision). 
  •  

Scarlet’s Tree: Scarlet has no Branches in this tree; another unorthodox thing about her.

  • Fear Aura: Active Aura, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; we’ve learned is at least in part an illusion.  It terrifies whoever is around Scarlet. It seems to be stronger in her immediate vicinity and extends two hundred meters, weakening as it spreads.
    • Vision of the Demon: Proficiency Skill Lv 2; only works when in close proximity to Scarlet, but Relica told Scarlet that she looked truly terrifying.  They might actually see what The Reaper really looks like.
  •  
  • Blood Emission: Active, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; expels Scarlet’s blood into an attack.  This seems to be more of a spray of droplets of blood that shoot at an accelerated rate.
    • Bloody Edge of the Crescent Blade: Active, Level Three, Novice, Rank Max; 
      • Penetration: Proficiency Skill Lv. 1; seems to be the upgraded portion of Scarlet’s attack.  It appears to increase the base penetration affix to the ability, and likely increases as its grades advance.
  •  
    •  
  • Blood Portal: Active Channeling Skill, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; creates a link between two spaces using Scarlet’s blood.  It is limited to her blood, meaning it has a cap on how wide and extensive it can be, and leaves her defenseless.
    • Cost Reduction: Proficiency Skill Lv. 2; Reduces the cost of keeping it open.
  •  
  • Predator’s Touch: Active, Level One, Novice, Max Rank; is Scarlet’s stalking abilities.  These seem to involve her stalking victims, making sure they don’t alert anyone and killing people with delayed blood clots.
    • Paralysis Touch: Active, Level One, Novice, Max Rank; does as it says.
      • Selective Touch: Proficiency Skill; is what she used before, allowing her to select which parts of a person’s body is paralyzed.
  •  
    •  
    • Tracking Touch: Active, Level One, Novice, Max Rank; marks a target that Scarlet can track.  She tested it with me and could sense where I’d walked up to fifty feet. It seems somewhat useless with her powerful vision, but perhaps if she’s in a crowded area, it would be helpful.
      • Visual Ripple: Active Proficiency Skill; gives her a faint ghostly impression of her target’s path that she can follow through sight if she wishes.
    •  
    • Blood Clot: Active, Level One, Novice, Max Rank; lets Scarlet clot someone’s blood where she touches.  Mixed with her ability to see people’s veins, this could be pretty deadly and useful for stealth assassinations, and if leveled up, it could get even more of a delay.  Still, it seems to have a limit on how beneficial it can be.
      • Delay: Active Proficiency Skill; allows Scarlet to add a ten-second delay to the clot.
    •  

Reaper’s Tree:

Call of the Reaper Branch:

    • Reaper’s Choice: Active, Level Five, Rookie, Rank Max; a scythe, of course, what else would it be?  Gives Scarlet a scythe made of death energy, and it has the Reap Life skill attached to it.
      • Rend Magic: Proficiency Skill Lv. 2; destroys magic at level Four and Novice Grade or below.
    • Shroud of Darkness: Active Aura, Level One, Novice, Rank Max; obscures Scarlet in black smoke.
      • Light Absorption: Passive Proficiency Skill; converts light into Twilight Energy to expand itself.  Normally the Light Element would be a weakness for her, but this seems to have been gained through her Vespertine background.
  •  
  • Total Skill Points Used: 111

Final Note:  Scarlet, The Reaper of Blood, or whatever this being or thing is that’s changed Scarlet seems to defy a lot of what we know.  She seems to be a Vampire without being a Vampire, a Reaper, and some Light and Darkness creature. Her primary weakness seems to be the Solar Element, and her other weakness, the Light Element, from her Reaper side seems to be covered under the Vespertine Twilight aspect of her.  She’s a mixture of paradoxes.


SME's Request:

I hope you've been enjoying the free entertainment!  The internet is divided into different echo-chambers; you have a specific group that only hovers around specific sites/content.  So, by recommending my serials to others, you give it more exposure to different echo-chambers and help it grow.  Ratings are excellent, Trending is terrific, but it only will appeal to a specific echo-chamber.  If you like my content, then please share it in your own unique way.

Thank you!  ^_^7

Normal Plugs:

Discord Link - Growing Community =D

Vote on Top Web Fictions

Support me on Patreon and get up to 2 Chapters ahead in A Tail's Misfortune, 5 Chapters in The Oscillation, and 10 Chapters in Undying Empire.

View and help contribute to the Wiki

4