Chapter Two
702 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What about this one? Or this one?" Evie kept placing more and more outfits on the bed, making Amari's eye twitch due to how absurd she was.

How could she possibly try on all these clothes? Amari chose the nearest thing and quickly got dressed to prevent Evie from continuing her assault.

When the door opened again, Amari wore a black pants and a t-shirt in her size, her black bra beneath faintly visible.

She wore comfortable shoes and waited for Evie to exit the room before walking over to Alvin while grumbling.

"Why is she so obsessed with dressing me up?" Alvin chuckled in amusement as he could see and feel that the mother daughter duo was closer than before.

"When you want something for a long time and you finally get it, what do you do?" Evie spoke as she appeared next to Alvin and started to lead the way.

"You treasure it?" Unable to think of a better answer, Amari spoke with an unsure tone, earning a smile from both Alvin and Evie.

"Wrong. You keep it and never let it go." Hearing Evie, Alvin burst into laughter and inwardly sent his sympathies to his daughter.

"Where are we going?" Amari had passed by several doors, all or which happened to be closed. Evie gave Alvin a look and the latter nodded.

"You have a choice now Amari, you can choose to remain human and die within eighteen hours, or you can choose to become a vampire and continue to live."

"Where did that come from? Is that even a question? I don't really cherish my humanity all that much anyways."

"That's a relief." Alvin murmured and Evie unclenched her fists she had formed in the off chance Amari decided to remain human.

"Why is there a time limit on deciding?" The group walked down a flight of stairs and to the dining room. A man in a suit stood to the side with his head bowed respectfully.

"Some say it's to give the body time to adjust while others say it's God giving them a chance to die like a normal human. We don't know."

Amari wrinkled her brows and sat down next to Evie, opting to sit by the beauty instead of the handsome man that was her dad.

"Do humans know of vampires? Like, do they really know?" Amari had seen movies and read books about vampires, but they were all said to be myth.

"Yes, they do. Some flock to us like sheep while others arm themselves and try to kill us. Always be careful and watch out for their sneaky tricks."

Alvin had seen lost some relatively strong vampires to the traps and scheming of humans. Of course, he didn't care too much about it either.

"Amari, do you know the difference between normal and noble vampires?" Seeing Amari shake her head, Evie went on to explain.

"Noble vampires are reborn when they're transformed while normal vampires retain the same body, just gaining some of our superhuman abilities."

"We can also compel humans to act as we wish, something normal vampires cannot do. Of course, there are ways to resist it as well."

"Are there any supernatural creatures besides vampires?" The man in the suit left and returned with a platter of wine glasses filled with thick red liquid.

"Yes. There are werewolves which we often clash with as well as witches. Both of them aren't native to this area." Amari's eyes lit up in pleasant surprise.

"So there's magic? Like magic magic?" Seeing Amari's sparkling eyes, Alvin quickly dispelled her thoughts of learning magic with his following sentence.

"Vampires and witches are different species, we can't cast spells just like we can't transform into wolves like werewolves."

"In return, we have an infinite lifespan. That alone is something anyone would crave, so it isn't unfair that they get powers and we don't."

"Imagine, a witch would be old and dead in a hundred years while you'll still be the same even after several centuries." Evie put it in different words.

"Oh. Is this blood?" Amari looked at the glass filled with liquid and asked with a bit of hesitation. Seeing her nervousness, the two older vampires smiled.

"It's blood. Try it and see. Of course, if you drink it, you will be forever seperated from humankind. Are you sure?" Evie and Alvin watched Amari pick up the glass and put it to her lips.

The slowly moving liquid entered her mouth and an amazing taste, similar to the best thing Amari had ever tasted flooded her mouth.

Eyes curving into crescents, Amari savored every last drop before placing the glass down, feeling a surge of strength bursting within her body.

"Drinking the blood will activate your abilities. Just remember to keep calm." Evie spoke as stimuli flooded Amari's brain like an endless river.

She could feel her body's strength increasing rapidly, going beyond human and straight into the supernatural realm. It wasn't an exaggeration to say she could explode a human with one punch.

The only thing that kept her grounded was the aftertaste of blood in her mouth. Gradually, her senses adjusted and she opened her eyes to see a smiling Alvin and Evie.

"How is it? Do you feel strong?" Alvin smiled as he looked at his dazed daughter. Amari opened her eyes, her now crimson irises shining faintly.

"I feel really good." Amari didn't know how to describe her transformation with words alone. Seeing her struggling to speak, Alvin and Evie smiled at each other.

"Don't worry about anything, your mom and dad will deal with any problems you have." Evie patted Amari's tiny hand and spoke warmly.

"Also, you should head to bed soon, you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow." Alvin gestured at the butler who began cleaning the table as they left the dining room.

"Tomorrow? Wait, what day is it today?" Amari was unsure of how long she had been unconscious during her transition and transfornation.

"It's Sunday evening. You slept for two and a half days. Do you have somewhere to go?" Alvin asked with a smirk Amari found irritating.

"No, I was just curious." Evie and Alvin left Amari at the door in front of her room and headed to their own room, vibrant smiles on their faces as they thought of how cute their daughter was.

"Alvin, do you think Amari is ready to face the world? We barely even let her adjust to her situation..." Evie sat on the edge of the king sized bed and crossed her long legs elegantly.

"Amari is tougher than she looks. Of course, we also have to go visit Miranda for a new ring." Alvin lay down, Evie snuggling up next to him and falling silent as she inhaled his scent greedily.

 

27