Chapter Five
547 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two men got out of a car and opened the trunk. The sun hadn't yet risen, meaning there was no one around to see their gleaming silver weapons.

"We've tracked this bitch for a day now, why would it run into the territory of another leech?" One of the men spat out in disgust.

"Remember, if we attract the attention of the ruler of this territory, we'll die without a grave." The man fished a small knife from the pile of weapons and slid it into his sleeve.

"Damned leeches! If it wasn't because we were short on people, we'd have already killed them all!" The man loaded a clip filled with silver rounds into his pistol and slid it into his waistband.

"We need to ask around, we injured that vampire before so it couldn't have run far." The man closed the trunk and walked off, his burly figure casting a long shadow on the ground.

...

A beautiful young woman staggered forward, clutching her shoulder while wearing a ferocious look on her face.

"I need to feed." She had stuck to the back alleyways and the less occupied roads to avoid being tracked, but in doing so, she also lost the chance to replenish her lost blood.

Black blood seeped from the wound on her shoulder, far less than it should have been for a normal human.

Her footsteps didn't cease as despite the pain she was feeling, vampires had way more stamina and endurance than human beings did.

From time to time, she could hear the beating of hearts, yet she couldn't enter the buildings due to her not having been invited inside.

After circling the city once, sticking to the shadows, her nose picked up a pleasant scent, sweet and enchanting.

"Nobles?!" Her eyes widened as she accurately guessed the source of the scent, yet she could tell it had faded somewhat, indicating that the owners were gone.

"I'll die anyway if I get caught, so why not just try?" As someone who had lived for a century and a half, she cherished life the most.

She increased her pace as she followed the scent, using her inhuman speed to flit from shadow to shadow under the cover of the night. 

"I need to find the noble before the sun rises..." As she wasn't a vampire affiliated with a noble household, she didn't have a daylight ring.

If she were caught outside during the sunrise, she'd have to kiss her life goodbye. She kept pushing herself, hoping to arrive sooner rather than later.

...

"Hm?" Alvin stopped the car on the side of a street and looked at Evie with a confused smile. Evie nodded and he confirmed he wasn't mistaking it.

"A vampire actually entered our territory..." Alvin chuckled while Amari sniffed the air, unsure of why they had stopped.

"We don't let vampires enter our territory lightly sweetie. Let's find them." Evie wore a slight frown that vanished instantly when she looked at Amari.

...

The two men walked into a quiet alleyway, each holding a pistol loaded with silver bullets equipped with silencers. The taller man looked into the darkness with a stern gaze.

Just as he was about to take another step forward, a breeze blew from behind him accompanied by the sound of his partner grunting.

Turning back, he aimed his pistol at the woman who suddenly appeared holding his partner in the air by the throat, a murderous look on her pretty face.

"You wanted to find me right? Well here I am!" With an animalistic growl, she threw the man in her hand at his partner, sending him flying out like a human shaped missile.

Dodging the impromptu projectile that was his ally, the man raised his pistol and fired several times randomly, not bothering to aim as she'd just avoid it.

"Fucking leech!" The other man got up unsteadily, his face scratched and bloody while his arm hung limply at his side, probably dislocated.

He raised his gun and fired, ignoring the fact his partner was in the way as well. "Fucking die bitch! Move out of the way!" 

The woman flipped in the air, dodging a bullet and landed gracefully, her hand thrusting out and smashing the uninjured hunter away and deeper into the alleyway.

A bullet whizzed past her cheek, causing a painful burning sensation on her cheek. With anger in her eyes, she grabbed the man's arm after approaching him and snapped it viciously.

...

"Ahhh!" Alvin, Evie, and Amari stood on the roof of a building looking down at the exciting scene with differing expressions.

The woman opened her mouth and her fangs appeared, about to sink them into the man's neck when a bit of black blood bled from her stomach.

Amari could see the immense pain she was in, making her feel sorry for the beauty, but the fight didn't seem to be finished.

Another muffled gunshot sounded and the woman staggered back, her fangs fully extended in her anger and desperation.

The hunter who she had knocked flying was on his knee, aiming his pistol at her with shaky hands. Even if he was a physically fit man, being thrown around still hurt.

The other hunter, the reckless one shivered in fear as he had nearly been drained of his blood had his partner not stepped in.

The duo stood up and walked to the woman who had collapsed after taking a bullet to the thigh. The woman's eyes were filled with pain and unwillingness.

"Did you ever think that your 'prey' would one day kill you? All those deaths, the pain their families felt, go to Hell and burn!" The man fished a stake made of silver and was about to plunge it downward's when a charming young voice sounded.

"Don't you think you're being a bit too rude? Why not fight her one on one like a real man?" The voice had a playful lilt that made their hair stand on end.

25