Chapter Eight (Rewritten)
739 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amari sat in the passenger seat looking at the passing scenery with an excited smile that could make a man blush.

"Zoey, do you think we should go to the mall first? We could go to the library first, I also like to read a lot." Amari tapped the GPS and changed the destination.

"The library isn't too far from the mall. If you want, we can go their first." Zoey looked at the roads while speaking, careful not to damage the car.

While a car accident usually wouldn't be able to kill even a normal vampire, vampires still felt pain as much as humans did, they just healed quicker.

"Do you know, when I first woke up, I was terrified..." Amari chuckled while shaking her head. "But Evie and Alvin, no, mom and dad are really nice to me."

"I want to be able to be the daughter they've always wanted, I don't care if I was previously a guy or even human, right now, I'm Amari Onyx."

Amari pulled her phone out and took a picture of herself, sending it to Evie along with a smiling emoji. It didn't take long for Evie to send a heart emoji.

The car pulled over and drove into the small parking lot, drawing the gazes of car fanatics and people who simply liked how the car looked.

The men in the crowd looked on in a trance, but Zoey ignored their gazes and waited for Amari to get out of the car.

"Um, I forgot to ask mom for money..." Amari opened her door and got out, closing her door and walking to the library's entrance.

"I have my card with me." Zoey followed Amari into the library. Outside was slightly warm, but inside the building was cooler.

The duo went inside without a problem, leaving a few people to take pictures by their car while they explored the library.

...

"Chief, we don't have anything to go on save for the identities of the victims and some unknown liquid." A police officer spoke to Daniel while reading off a report.

"Who were they?" Daniel had to admit the scene was truly gruesome, with one victim having their head exploded and the other with a completely shattered neck.

"From the database, the two victims were Mark Sanders and Eric Tom. They had a few run in with the cops but nothing explaining why they'd drive over to this city and die like this."

"Send me a list of those who came into contact with them within the last twenty four hours. We can start from there and try to find a lead."

"Based on the injuries, it's likely they fought against the assailant before dying." An officer brought over the report from the forensics.

Daniel's phone rang, making him furrow his brows when he saw the caller was a co-worker. "Sir, we found another body." 

"Stay there, I'll be over in a bit." After assigning a police officer to guard the crime scene, he made his way over to the location that was sent to him.

Upon arriving, he saw a pale corpse laying on the ground limply. His eyes narrowed as he looked around for any clues that could help him figure out what happened.

...

Amari and Zoey sat at the table, Amari gently flipping the pages as she read with a satisfied smile on her face, feeling content.

"And the king knelt before the man, begging him to spare his kingdom and life..." Amari whispered, feeling a surge of excitement as she could help but try to figure out what would happen next.

"Excuse me, would you like anything to drink?" A young man walked over and spoke with a smile he thought to be charming.

"No." Zoey shook her head and glanced at Amari to see her reaction. Amari looked up from her book and looked at the man's brown eyes with her warm hazel ones.

"I'm fine, thank you." Amari turned slightly and faced Zoey while smiling. The man smiled stiffly at his failure to successfully buy the beauties a drink and walked away.

"Tell me, how many vampire nobles are there?" Zoey looked at Amari thoughtfully. "I'm not  entirely sure, less than thirty world-wide."

"Then what makes a vampire and a noble different?" Amari somewhat understood the difference between vampires and nobles, but she wasn't sure she knew all there was to it.

"Well, aside from being nearly impossible to kill, noble vampires are superior physically to regular vampires. There used to be more stories about noble vampires, but over time, they vanished into the endless river of history."

"Do vampires also transform when they're turned? Like do they change as much as i did?" Amari looked at Zoey's pretty face and asked curiously.

"Our appearances change a little, but it isn't as drastic as changing genders or looking completely different." Zoey placed her book on the table and sighed.

"Werewolves appearances don't change at all even after they're turned, and witches don't either. Of course, a witch can cast an illusion spell to trick your senses so be careful."

"I understand vampires and werewolves fighting as that's normal given the history between them, but what do the witches do? Just watch as we kill each other?"

"Don't look down on werewolves. A few of my friends have gotten injured while fighting them. Physically, vampires are weaker than werewolves, but we're also faster than them."

"Then we just run when they want to fight?" Amari received memories while undergoing her Transformation, but she didn't expect that vampires couldn't fight werewolves.

"No, but you are a noble and you're definitely stronger than a werewolf. Their bite is toxic as their venom can break down a normal vampire's body if enough is in their system, causing us to die painfully if we can't resist it."

"Venom? Don't vampires also have venom?" Amari closed her book gently. "Our venom can weaken them, and after that, it isn't that hard to kill them. They're stronger but without the full moon, they can't shift into their wolf forms."

"That sounds cool. I want to see one shift." Amari didn't feel any emotion other than mild disgust whilst talking about their natural enemies.

20