Chapter 16 – Try lifting this
682 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Who do you want in the crew?
  • Nami Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Nojiko Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Both Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Neither Votes: 2 10.5%
Total voters: 19 · This poll was closed on Sep 30, 2021 04:12 PM.

(Emma POV)

Walking up to Robin and me who were lifting weights as our only form of training until we reached Swallow island, Monet asked us a question. "Can you teach me Haki?"

"You want to learn Haki?" Nodding her head in confirmation Monet then spoke.

"Yes, it seems important to be of help in the future." Humming in approval at that statement Robin then explained to her.

"I don't think it would be a good idea if we were to teach you Haki, Emma just started training Armament Haki before Gauge left to get a ship to scale the red line and I don't think I understand it enough to confidently teach someone else." The disappointment was clear on Monet's face for a second before disappearing, causing me to laugh.

"Sorry we can't help you with that but you probably wouldn't be able to learn Armament Haki right away even if my dad was here to teach you since your body is too weak." Monet was going to refute that by looking at the weight we were lifting but stopping her before she could I told her.

"Try lifting this" Handing the five-pound dumbbell to her she immediately toppled onto the deck of the ship unable to lift her hand. Smiling at her confusion, I explained to her.

"I use my ability to make these weigh much much more than they do, I don't know the exact weight though since I've never cared to measure." Understanding seemed to dawn on her as she asked.

"Can I start to train with the both of you?"

"KYAKYAKYA looks like I won the bet, Robin." Blushing to the side, Robin started to silently curse Monet. Even more, confused now, Monet asked what was happening so I told her.

"Robin and I had a bet of how long it would take you to ask to train with us, she said within the month but I said within the week and it's only been 4 days since we left soooo." Turning my head to look at Robin made her go a deeper shade of red and caused Monet to ask in an incredulous tone.

"What did you bet on?" Smiling, I started to explain making Robin glared at me but I ignored it.

"If Robin won then until we reach Swallow island I'd make her whatever she wants to eat whenever she wants it but if I won then she had to play big spoon until we got there instead." After answering her Monet looked between Robin and me for a second before asking in a voice on the verge of laughter.

"How long does she have to do it for?" This caused Robin to become even redder somehow so forming a devious smile I responded.

"About two more months." This caused Monet to break into a burst of uncontrollable laughter while staring at the now cherry red Robin causing her to summon hands around Monet. As she was about to cover Monet's mouth Sugar came running from the other side of the ship where Mom is, at an insane speed for someone who has never trained before.

Ignoring the hands sprouting from the deck around her sister, Sugar started to shake the laughing Monet with tears in the corner of her eyes as she asked in a shaky voice. "What's wrong Sis, you've never acted like this. Do you need to see a doctor?"

Hearing her sister who was on the verge of breaking down in tears, Monet quickly got her emotions under control and stopped laughing before pulling Sugar into a hug and rubbing her head trying to soothe her. "Have you never seen me laugh before?"

Realizing her sister was ok, Sugar sighed in relief before shaking her head and responding. "No, I thought you didn't have those types of feelings."

Robin forgot her embarrassment when she heard those words and started to laugh at the shock that was now clear on Monet's face. Cutting into their conversation I asked Sugar.

"Do you want to join your sister in training with us?" Looking over at her sister for a second Sugar turned to look me in the eyes for the first time before speaking.

"Yes, I want to become like her." Blushing at the praise from her sister, Monet started to look like Robin did earlier, causing Robin to laugh even harder and get glared at by Monet.

"You know it will be hard right?" Making sure she understood Monet asked her in a worried voice.

"It's ok Sis." Smiling at Monet, Sugar replied, causing Monet to pat her and give in to her request.

"I guess that's for the best, I can't always protect you. It would be best if you started training early, who knows you may be stronger than me one day." Laughing at that Sugar said.

"I don't think that will happen, you can turn into snow and that's super strong." This made Robin start panting for air, she was laughing so hard and also caused me to laugh a little making Monet glare at the both of us while Sugar was staring at us confused.

Walking up to us while ignoring Robin who couldn't breathe, Mom looked at Monet and Sugar and told them. "I can teach you the basics of Observation Haki but anything more advanced and you'll have to wait for when Gauge meets us."

This made me curious so I asked Mom. "Why don't you teach us Observation Haki anyway? Yours is more powerful than Dads after all." Shaking her head, Mom plainly said.

"I was born with mine being naturally powerful, unless you become a lot better at it I won't be able to know what you may struggle with." Before I could ask my next question Mom responded.

"Yes I do have future sight but I normally avoid using it since I don't like spoilers." This shocked Robin who stopped laughing and I who both knew what that was, but Monet was still confused however before she could ask what it meant Mom spoke again while looking at her.

"It means I can see briefly into the future." This shocked Monet even more than what Sugar said earlier as she fell into a daze while staring at Mom.

(2 Months Later)

Waking up in the morning I was surprised to find Robin still sleeping with me in her arms. 'Well today is the last day well be doing this'

Thinking this to myself I decided to just go back to sleep until Robin decided she had enough. Once again because of this decision I missed the smile that formed on Robin's face and the eye disappearing from the ceiling. Waking up again I found that I was alone in bed, sitting up and letting out a long sigh before smiling I murmured. "I didn't expect to win that bet."

Walking into the kitchen I found Mom, Robin, and Monet the three early risers were already eating breakfast. "Oh, so Emma beat Sugar today that makes it tied."

Ignoring the remark made by Monet I sat down and started eating a little before I asked Mom. "When will we arrive?"

"JAJA, we arrived this morning, right now we are on the north side of the island closest to Minion island. It's cold out so make sure you wear a jacket before going outside." Monet wore a teasing smile when she heard Mom tell me to wear extra clothes but before she could speak a hand grew from her shoulder and covered her mouth.

Looking at Robin I was about to tease her for being jealous but I found a hand covering my mouth before I could speak as well, before I could get out of this situation though Sugar walked into the kitchen and Robin took this opportunity to make the hands vanish like nothing ever happened. Monet was about to ask what that was about before Sugar asked her with a pout. "Why didn't you wake me up this morning? I asked you last night too."

Smiling at her sister, Monet rubbed her head before speaking. "So I could see you make this face."

Pursing her lips even tighter and narrowing her eyes caused Monet to start laughing before slowly stopping to apologize to Sugar before she got mad. "Sorry, Sorry, I promise I won't do that again."

"Hmph, you better not, or else I'll start sleeping in a separate bed." This caused Monet to jump to her feet and pull Sugar into a hug before speaking.

"Ok, really I promise. You don't need to go that far." Monet couldn't see it because of her position but Sugar showed us a victorious smile while giving a thumbs up.

'Smart.' Mentally writing down this tactic I had to make sure to start paying attention to Sugars' actions around Monet.

"When will Gauge meet us?" Robin asked Mom.

"In about one month give or take a week or two depending on how the Germa ship deals with the cold." Letting go of Sugar Monet asked.

"What do you mean how it deals with the cold?" This question caused Robin, Mom, and I to realize that we haven't explained how we plan on crossing the red line so Mom started to explain with a question.

"Do you remember when the girls were talking about crossing the red line?" Nodding her head Monet responded.

"Yeah I meant to ask what they meant by that but it slipped my mind in the mess of things." Mom smiled at that before starting to explain.

"Well the way that we are doing that is by borrowing a snail ship from the Germa 66 kingdom and just like they are probably doing right now we will be climbing over the red line but we are going over the opposite side from them since we have to be at the island right next to it in the east blue by 1512."

"That leaves us a little more than two years before we leave then, what are we going to do in the meantime?" Cutting in here I exclaimed!

"Train on this island until our next crew member will be joining us! That will be this time in 1511. Dad and I will be going to Minion island for a quick visit to get him and some other things." Joining in the conversion Sugar asked.

"How do you know he'll want to join?"

"KYAKYAKYA, because I can give him something he wants." Perhaps understanding the smile I had on my face, Monet ruffled Sugar's hair before telling her.

"Don't worry, she got us to join didn't she?" Smiling Sugar hummed in agreement at that before eating breakfast.

(2 Years Later) (One the piece year 1511)

(Pietas D. Gauge POV)

After meeting up with Geina and the rest with a Germa ship I immediately got to training everyone. Emma and Robin continued their normal training but instead of running around an island with a hot beach now they're running around on an island with snowstorms. In addition to that, they will fight once a month using nothing but Armament Haki and Observation Haki to hone hand-to-hand combat. Followed by an all-out match the next day.

For the two new members I had the older one blindfold herself this entire time, since she lived her life with such poor vision it seems she's subconsciously started using Observation Haki to sense around her already so I wanted to further hone it before the next member has a chance to fix her eyes. Besides that she started to follow Emma and Robin in their runs, in this climate, it seems she can exceptionally sense her surroundings. In the beginning, it was funny how she kept tripping while walking around inside the ship though.

As for her Little sister, I started her out much like I did Emma with her putting weights around her ankles and having her run until she drops followed by weight lifting until her arms give in. After about a year of that, I started to teach her the Rokushiki Abilities so that she can get ready for Haki. Honestly, I'm surprised at the fact a regular child held on this entire time without complaining. Due to that attitude, the speed at which she is becoming stronger is visible indifference week to week almost.

After eating breakfast one day Emma started to speak while staring at me. "Dad, it's about time to head to Minion island to pick him up."

Hearing this Monet perked up as she faced in my direction. Looking over at Geina she shrugged her shoulders so I said. "Ok, get ready for possibly staying for a week or two and we'll head out when you're done. And Monet you can finally take off your blindfold."

Barely even waiting for me to finish my sentence Monet tore off her blindfold and instantly went for her glasses to see her now beaming little sister before she enveloped her in a hug. To the side, Robin couldn't help but laugh while watching this but Monet ignored her and continued to hug Sugar.

Leaving back to her room to prepare Emma came back after a few minutes floating a suitcase behind her as she spoke. "Let's go."

After boarding the Germa ship Geina, Robin and Sugar came to wave us goodbye while Monet was still solely focused on Sugar. On the deck of the ship, both Emma and I decided to just relax until we got there since the ship drove itself and Minion island was extremely close.

(A/N - Fixed the timeline one more time, it should be good now)

(A/N - Confused Minion and Rubeck island but it's fixed now)

25