Chapter 17 – Look up
631 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Emma POV)

Once we landed on Minion Island we docked the ship slightly offshore on the far north side of the island to stay hidden, waiting inside the ship until one day when Dad perked out of the blue and spoke. "I think the people we have been waiting for have finally arrived."

"Let's go see if it's them." After responding to him we went to the deck of the ship and Dad took me into a princess carry while I floated a wooden board next to us before he jumped towards the island landing on snowy cliffs. Letting me stand on my own before I deposited the board here and we then headed towards the new arrivals location.

Getting close enough to see the group of people, it was indeed the Doflamingo pirates. After a little while of following them, Doflamingo stood still and caused a dense volley of strings to shoot out of his hand towards the sky.

"Finally."  Looking around me, the birdcage that Doflamingo is so proud of started to form around the island but not covering it in its entirety.

'Either he isn't covering the entire island on purpose or he isn't as strong as when he did it in Dressrosa yet.' Musing this to myself I turned back to Dad.

"This is supposed to be indestructible? They're just flimsy strings." Walking towards the birdcage Dad was about to punch it before I scolded him.

"Shouldn't you go do what you need to do instead of playing around?" Stopping to look at me like he had been betrayed caused me to laugh a little.

"KYAKYA, sorry, I also want to see how tough they are but we need to be fast about this before the bombardment starts. Besides, you'll have a chance to break it when you need to get to their ship." Sighing before giving up on breaking the cage for now Dad reminded me.

"Make sure to head back to the ship as soon as you have him. Knock him out or carry him with your ability if you have to but we need to leave before the Doflamingo pirates escape the marines and they come to this island."

"So cruel," I said while shaking my head.

Scoffing Dad responded. "You're going out of your way to pick up a boy, of course, I'd want it to be a little hard for him."

"KYAKYAKYAKYAKYAKYA." Holding my sides while staring at Dad who was now confused looking at me through squinted eyes, it took a minute for me to catch my breath and speak.

"If that's something that worries you then you need to be more focused on all the girls I plan on adding instead." Confusion was on his face for a second before understanding seemed to dawn on him as he murmured.

"That explains so much...Looks like we really will need another kid to carry on the family line." After saying that a huge smile appeared on his face as he became lost in thought before I walked up to him, jumped slightly, and clapped right in front of his nose breaking him out of it.

"Ok, ok, think about all the stuff you want to do to Mom or vice versa later for now we need to stop playing around." Coming back to his senses before slightly blushing at the bluntness of my words Dad coughed to clear his throat before speaking.

"You're right, Let's go." Saying this Dad scooped me up into a princess carry and dashed towards the area where Doflamingo walked off to, who was now staring down his brother Corazon who sat slumped against the chest law should currently be in while pointing a pistol at Doflamingo.

"Here we are." Putting me down on the ground Dad warned me before leaving to find out if they already have the Hobi Hobi no Mi on their ship.

"If someone detects you make sure to decrease the gravity around me slightly and I'll take it as a signal to rush back here immediately." Nodding my head to him I then created an area that surrounded the entire island and as little as I could increase the gravity around Dad so it would be like he's marked even if I can't see him.

"Good, be safe." Turning to face the coast of the island where the Doflamingo pirates ship should be, Dad once again dashed away but now with an excited smile on his face.

'He wants to test the string's strength huh?' Sighing while Turning my head to watch the scene in front of me Doflamingo now had his pistol pulled out pointing it at Corazon. Slowly standing up, Corazon started to give a speech about the law.

(Trafalgar D. Water Law POV)

"Law wouldn't obey you anyway Doffy, sorry. He only had three years to live and he knew that but he kept fighting anyway, he grew much stronger. He found himself again; he's not the same child that threw himself to a killer like you. He has nothing to gain from someone who only longs for destruction, he's above that. So you leave him the hell alone cause laws are finally free now!"

Stopping my constant banging on the inside walls of the chest after Corazon exclaimed this tears threatened to stream from my eyes, but before I could think about his words.

*BANG**BANG**BANG**BANG*

Gunshots sounded, causing memories of my time with Corazon to start flooding my mind as I cried thinking about what might have happened to him.

*BANG**BANG*

Hearing more gunshots I started banging on the chest walls once again before something slammed onto the chest and caused me to fly backward and hit the other side. Realizing what probably just happened the tears wouldn't stop flowing.

Suddenly feeling like I'm being lifted and carried away I slightly peeked out of the chest to see Corazon lying motionless on the ground, his shirt stained red with multiple shot wounds shocking the tears away for a second before they came back in full force.

The only thing I could think about before slowly closing the chest lid was what Corazon had told me before he put me in here while wearing a goofy smile on his face. 'I love you.'

However, the chest lid didn't fully close and instead found itself being pushed open when I suddenly started to float in and against it until I was fully in the air and out of it. Momentarily stopping my tears I looked around me. Finding Doflamingo and his crew were still walking towards their ship, somehow not noticing that I was now out of the chest and floating in the air behind them.

Before I had time to think any longer about what was happening a hard force pulled me towards Corazon and over his body for a second.  Just as I was about to continue crying as I saw the state he was currently in I was once again pulled further away and stopped once I was floating next to a girl that appeared to be a little younger than me.

"Hey there I know this is sudden but I'm going to have to ask you to trust me and not fight against what's about to happen if you want to get away from Doflamingo." After she said that I found myself placed in her arms like a princess from a fairy tale book.

I was about to try and stop her but before I could she spoke again with a wide smile. "Just enjoy the moment while you can, it's not often you get this kind of treatment from someone as beautiful as myself."

Realizing she actually wasn't trying to harm me, give me over to Doflamingo Or scared of being close to me I gave in to this absurd situation and started to think of everything that just happened for a second before the tears started to flow again with me being unable to stop them. All While she ran towards the far north of the island where we found ourselves on some cliffs overlooking the ocean.

Once we reached the edge of the cliffs there was a board sticking out of the ground and just as I became confused as to why we were here the board started to float into the air before going horizontal and stopping right off the edge as she spoke. "Hold on tight."

Not quite understanding what she meant I ignored her not wanting to soak her clothes but my confusion and reluctance didn't last long before I tightly clung around her neck as she jumped onto the board and we started to float over the ocean towards a giant snail that was turned into a ship.

A few moments after we landed on board and I just as caught my breath a man jumped out of the water and landed on the deck of the ship next to me out of nowhere causing me to jump in surprise losing my breath again while I stared at the man through blurred vision.

Pointing at the man the girl scolded. "Don't just jump out of the water and scare the poor kid like that, he's been through a lot today."

Looking over at the girl the man apologized. "Sorry, I didn't mean to, I just rushed back in a hurry after finding what we needed from Doflamingo's ship."

This caused me to look up at the man in surprise and as I was about to ask him what he meant before realizing I still couldn't make any sound and my tears started to flow again.

Sighing, the girl looked at me and explained. "This idiot here is my Dad and he just stole something very important to Doflamingo's future plans."

            I wanted to ask what she meant but it was pointless with how I am right now. However I was suddenly able to hear the sounds of my own sobbing and forgetting my current situation I broke down even more, wailing loudly while my tears were flowing like a river as I knew that being able to hear myself meant Corazon was no longer alive.

I don't know how long passed but once I was able to bring myself together and stop crying, I looked around the ship and I found that we had already set sail and were surrounded by the ocean. "Are you able to talk now?"

Jumping in surprise at the familiar voice I looked around to find who was talking but there was no one there. "Look up."

Doing what the voice said I found the same girl who brought me to this ship sitting on a wooden board floating in the air a couple feet above me while dangling her legs. "Are you calmed down now?"

Nodding my head at her I asked. "Who are you?"

"Pietas D. Emma." Hearing her call herself a D I was about to ask my next question before she continued.

"I'd be happy to answer all of your questions but I don't believe now is the best time. Also it's super cold outside so I'd like to continue this conversation inside." Slowly falling to the ground until her feet touched the deck, the girl named Emma stood from the board and walked up to me before poking me on the forehead and then guiding me inside the ship before speaking again.

"You don't have very long to live if you don't figure out how to use that Ope Ope no MI of yours." This statement caused my eyes to widen and a question to slip out of my mouth.

"How?"

"KYAKYAKYA, How bold of you to just ask a ladys secrets like that." I wanted to argue with that but she continued before I could.

"Don't worry about that for now, like I said if you don't figure out how to use your devil fruit then the amber lead syndrome will kill you." When she even mentioned the name of my disease yet still touched me despite the news that the world government put out about it I made a decision to hope for the best out of the horrible situation I found myself in today and asked her.

"You seem to know a lot of things about me, do you also know how I can use my power to help cure myself?" Smiling, she asked me.

"You must have picked up some things when you were forced to eat that devil fruit so you know what I mean when I say create a room around yourself right?" Thinking about what she said while ignoring that she even knows how the fruit was fed to me I thought about what she meant by room and realised I did indeed know how to create a room around myself.

Creating what I just Imagined a transparent sphere shape room with a slight blue aura as its borders materialized encompassing Emma and me. "Good, now in this room, you are basically the ultimate doctor. You have some other abilities like a gamma knife but those don't matter right now. Also and probably most importantly I don't know how you'd go about curing you since my brain is too smooth for doctor talk so I guess just imagine what you would need to do to your body to treat something like amber lead syndrome and then just do it."

I wanted to curse when she said she didn't know how to cure it but thinking about all the help she's already given I instead said. "Thank you, I don't know what would have happened to me if you weren't there."

"KYAKYAKYAKYA, that's ok I do. You would have ended up on swallow island but thankfully for you even if that happened and we didn't make it in time today the rest of us are still over there." Not giving me any time to ask her anything else she bolted out of the room she guided to me and then disappeared down the hallway.

Sighing while creating a room I murmured. "Better start thinking of how to cure myself with this."

26