Chapter 18 – Maybe, maybe not
586 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Trafalgar D. Water Law POV)

Opening my eyes and looking around I found myself in an unknown room while sitting on a bed and leaning against the wall. Remembering everything that happened to me I slowly got off the bed and then looked down at my arms followed by examining the rest of my body before sighing in relief. "It worked."

Walking out of the room I was in I found the man who Emma said was her Dad standing outside the door. Looking down at me he spoke. "You must be hungry, you've been asleep for two days now."

"Two days?" I repeated in surprise.

"Yeah, you did go through a lot, after all, it shouldn't be too surprising." A bitter smile formed on my face when he said it like that but before I could dwell on my thoughts for long he took my hat off then ruffled my hair before putting my hat back on and speaking.

"Let's go eat, everyone else is waiting and I'm sure you have a lot of questions." Nodding at him in agreement, something he said caught my attention.

"Isn't the only other person Emma?"

"YAYAYA, Swallow island is very close to Minion island. We arrived a few hours ago and met back up with everyone else." Once he said that I thought about the last thing Emma told me before leaving me alone.

'I guess I didn't put much thought into it because of the situation.' Following behind the man we entered the galley of the ship where five people were lounging around a table talking. Noticing us enter Emma jumped off the seat she was on and skipped over to the kitchen.

"What did you both make to get her so excited to bring it out?" The girl that was sitting next to Emma and looks to be a little older than me with long black hair asked Emma's Dad. Shaking his head in response he pointed his thumb at me drawing everyone's attention my way before he spoke.

"I didn't even cook today I've been waiting outside his room." Having everyone look at me so suddenly made me a little nervous but I ignored it and introduced myself to them.

"Hi, I'm Trafalgar Water Law." The girl who talked earlier and a woman with blonde hair smiled and looked at each other when I introduced myself but not thinking about it too much I continued.

"What happens to me next?"

"JAJA, what do you think will happen next?" The woman with blonde hair asked me back. Thinking about it I really couldn't come up with an answer.

'The girl named Emma seemed to know not only about the Ope Ope no Mi and how I got its abilities but also that Corazon was using his ability to make it impossible for me to make any sounds. They could have killed me and tried their luck to take the fruit for themselves but they didn't. Instead, Emma helped me understand its powers and they even stole from Doflamingo.'

"KYAKYAKYAKYA, foods ready everyone! This time it's something I've been wanting to make for a while now but I couldn't find the main ingredient until recently on one of our runs but I haven't had a good occasion to introduce it until now." The person I was just thinking of came out of the kitchen with a multitude of covered platters floating inline following behind her.

Skipping back to the table she swung one of her arms and the dishes proceeded to float over to the table before arranging themselves. In a tone dripping with curiosity, Emma's dad asked. "What's got you so excited? You're even making it a big show."

With a smile forming on her face Emma raised one arm and snapped her fingers causing the lids covering the platters to float up and reveal what was under them. "Garlic sautéed spinach and creamed spinach! Also, sea king and boring stuff like that since spinach isn't that filling, sadly."

Looking around her and realizing no one was excited she slumped her head before murmuring just loud enough for everyone to hear. "You're all so uncultured."

Looking up again the previous dejection on her face completely vanished as she turned to me. "We'll talk about everything after eating, don't worry about it for now."

After saying this she sat back down at the table and food started floating from the platters onto her plate. Patting my shoulder from the side Emma's Dad agreed with her before going to start to fill two plates with food and then sitting one in front of the woman with blonde hair and one next to her before sitting down himself.

'She and Emma do look similar. I guess that is her mom after all.' Walking up to the table I sat down next to a girl with green hair.

"Oh I guess it can't be helped that you would sit next to me, I am attractive after all, My name's Monet." Looking at me with a teasing smile on her face the green-haired girl stretched out her hand to me. I didn't know If it was a good idea to take it or not but not wanting to be rude I was about to shake her hand but as soon as I touched her my hand went through hers as she turned into snow shocking me.

"SUSUSUSU." holding her now formed again to hand over her mouth she kept laughing while looking at my face.

"Sis don't be mean to the new person." Sitting on the other side of Monet a girl with short wavy blue hair scolded her while pinching Monet's side.

"Sorry I'll stop." Looking over at the girl Monet stopped laughing and the hand that was pinching her now pinched snow. Scoffing while seeing her hand pinch snow the girl in as menacing a voice as she could manage, spoke.

"Just you wait until I learn Armament Haki." Starting to laugh again while rubbing the girl's head, Monet turned to look at me ignoring my surprised face this time.

"This here is my little sister Sugar. She's a little shy." Scoffing again Sugar turned to look at me before immediately looking away and starting to eat.

"SUSUSU." After poking Sugar's stuffed cheeks once and getting her hand batted away Monet shrugged and also started to eat. Turning to look at all the food in front of me my stomach rumbled causing me to realize just how hungry I was before I also began to eat.

(Emma POV)

After everyone finished eating I couldn't help the huge grin that was spread across my face as I stared at the now-empty platters that used to contain the spinach so in a good mood I broached the earlier topic while looking at Law. "So, to answer your earlier question of what's to happen to you."

Pausing for a second after I had his attention and to add extra dramatic effect, my smile then changed to a devious one as I continued. "Whatever you want really."

Looking at me in disbelief he asked. "What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said. You can leave if you want to and maybe one day become strong enough to kill Doflamingo as you plan on doing. Or you can stay with us joining my crew, becoming our doctor where you'll get strong enough to kill Doflamingo in the future." I explained to him.

"You mean that even though you know about my ability and went out of your way to rescue me you would still let me leave here like nothing happened?" Nodding my head at his words I replied.

"Yeah, although I would like you to join my crew permanently, even if you just stay for the training that would be beneficial to you. Since I'm sure it will be helpful for when we meet again in the future when I kill Doflamingo if you haven't already." Taking a deep breath and then releasing it, Law asked.

"What is it you want to do? Become pirate king? Rule the world? And why choose me?."

"To answer your first question I don't want to become pirate king or rule the world although I do want to change the world. If what I want to achieve will be accomplished and I'm positive it will then the celestial dragons will go extinct and the pirate era as we currently know it will change." His eyes now shot open in shock while looking at me he managed to squeeze out.

"You plan on killing the heads of the highest order in the world government and also the strongest pirates?" Shaking my head, I corrected him.

"The celestial dragons aren't the highest I think, even though they're also celestial dragons the five elders are more powerful and even then there is a secret leader that sits on the empty throne named I'm but ultimately yes they will most likely have to die. Besides that, I plan on trying to ally with Whitebeard and other important figures if I can." This seemed to shock everyone else in the room except for Dad who didn't seem to care about all this as he was eyeing Mom up and down this entire time. And Sugar who didn't fully understand the significance of that information.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell all of you that." After a little bit of time passed and everyone seemed to fully digest the information Robin asked.

"How much do you know about this I'm a person?" Shaking my head I told her the truth.

"Not much except that they want to control the ancient weapons, erase anyone or anything to do with the void century, I think they're the cause of the future kidnapping of a princess I want in our crew, and although I'm not completely sure I think I'm has been alive since around the beginning of the void century." Robin's next question shocked me though.

"How many girls do you plan on adding to the crew?" Not fully understanding why this was her next question out of everything she could have asked I answered her without thinking much about her reasoning.

"Like four, maybe five depending on if they want to join." This caused Robin to click her tongue before murmuring something I couldn't hear. Joining back into the conversation Law spoke.

"If what you said is true then that means you know what happens in the future." shrugging to his words I playfully said.

"Maybe, maybe not, who knows. In the future, you might be able to find out if you join my crew and we become friends." Scoffing to the side, Monet complained.

"It's been a couple of years and you still haven't told me how you know so much." In a joking manner, I replied to her grumbling.

"Patience, young grasshopper." Laughing at Monet's expense caused Robin to get glared at but it seemed to only make her laugh harder. Law then spoke again while scratching his chin.

"You didn't answer my final question about why you chose me specifically" Realizing I didn't I apologized.

"Sorry about that, I get sidetracked easily. Anyway, the reason I want you is because I think you're the best possible doctor I could recruit. Not only do you have the best devil fruit for that profession but you even got it at a young age so you have a lot of time to train it. Also, you don't have any good feelings for the world government because of what they did to your home so going against them shouldn't be a problem for you."

After thinking about everything I said for a while, Law looked me straight in the eyes as he spoke in a resolved voice. "I'll join you and help you achieve your goals but in return, I want to be the one who kills Doflamingo."

Looking between Law and me, Monet in an incredulous voice asked. "How in the hell did you manage to convince him to join us so fast?"

"KYAKYAKYAKYA, I told you before that I'm amazing and it's good to see that you understand." Ignoring the look Monet was now giving me I cleared my throat and then declared.

"Law is now a part of the crew so it's finally time for us to traverse the Red Line and recruit the future greatest swordswoman in the world!... After we move everything from the old ship over to this one." This declaration made Law look at me in surprise probably at crossing the red line while Robin looked at me with narrowed eyes mumbling something to herself. Mom and Dad then got up to start moving everything over from the other ship with Monet and Sugar tailing behind them.

Three days after we left Swallow island we reached the red line. Although the Germa ship is a little smaller than our old one. So, Robin, Monet, Sugar, and I shared one room while Law got his own. Lucky for Law but also for me as Robin and I had to share a bed and surprisingly she didn't refuse the idea. Of course, Mom and Dad were in their room.

I have to give them props though, they are completely silent although if you use your Observation Haki in their direction you'll know what's going on in there. I tricked Robin into using hers once in their direction before we went to sleep and her reaction was worth being ignored for most of the following day.

Starting to scale the red line I thought everything was going to fall backward because of the way the ship would be facing but it turns out the Germa engineers already thought about that as once the snail started to climb the red line the entire inside of the ship rotated itself to remain in equilibrium with the snail as if we were sailing normally. I have to give Germa props for their thoroughness, our meeting will be interesting.

Once we arrived at the top of the red line and I looked out of the saloon window I asked a question. "Wouldn't there be some type of defense in place for what we're doing since this is where the celestial dragons live?"

"JAJAJAJA, we won't have to worry about that because we are so far north of Pangaea castle." Rubbing my hair before setting her arm around my shoulder, Mom explained. Giving in to what she wants I leaned into her embrace and she proceeded to rub my hair like you would an animal.

'I see why my dog in my past life always liked head rubs, this feels nice.' thinking this to myself I ended up falling asleep while still leaning on Mom.

27