Chapter 25 – From now on
621 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Emma POV)

Looking around the ship that Reiju guided us to, I was surprised to find everything we had requested for along with the things we had kept on our old ship before leaving the island had already been placed aboard so with a wide smile on my face I said. "Everyone will love the gifts we got for them. Let's hurry back."

Turning to look back at Reiju I saw she still hadn't lost her smile. "Once we leave the kingdom I'll answer all of your questions. For now, go and decide which room you want to be yours, this ship will be our home for the next decade."

Nodding to me she then left towards the rooms while I went back to the deck to talk to Dad. "What do you think of it?"

"It's bigger than I thought, a few extra rooms after everyone gets their own. I do like how big the kitchen is though, it will be easier on the both of us." With a teasing smile on my face, I teased while poking at Dad's stomach.

"With how you and Mom are I'm surprised I don't have a kid sibling already, it's just a matter of time so the extra rooms are nice to have." Stopping his actions for a second Dad then coughed into his hand before asking me.

"What do you hope for, a little sister or brother? Without a second of delay I answered.

"Either or." Looking at me with his eyes now wide open Dad asked.

"You don't care? I always figured you wanted a little sister so that you could dote on her as Monet does to Sugar since you used to always watch their interactions so closely."

'Was I that noticeable?' Shaking that thought out of my mind I decided that it didn't matter since I've already learned everything I can from Sugar. Adopting a serious expression I stared into Dad's eyes.

"I just want the both of you to have a normal child that doesn't have memories of their past life. The both of you deserve it more than anyone else I can think of." Finishing with the sails Dad came up to me and without warning wrapped me into a tight hug while lifting me into the air and then proceeding to spin the both of us in circles before eventually sitting me back down and patting my head.

"I couldn't have asked for a better daughter. Honestly, I mean I was not looking forward to changing diapers and still aren't. I lucked out with you on that one."

"KYAKYAKYA, I am pretty great." Stopping Dad's hand before he could remove it making sure he kept up the head pats I continued. "Also it doesn't matter what gender it is, I'll be doting on it either way." After a few more seconds of head pats, I pulled Dad's hand off my head before saying.

"You should probably steer the ship, by the way, I've been controlling it with my ability so far but I'd rather someone who knows how to navigate steers us in the correct direction." Seemingly just realizing that the ship started moving after he set the sails Dad quickly ran off to steer the ship onto the correct course.

'He can be so air-headed yet smart at the same time.' Laughing a little I then went off to find Reiju and finally answer her questions in my favorite way, not letting the other person ask before answering everything. Knocking on the door to the room Reiju chose I entered before she could respond.

"Reiju, I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority as your captain by coming in anyway." Inside the room, Reiju seemed to be in the middle of sorting her things as she turned to look at me with an amused smile. Smiling sheepishly back at her I scratched my neck as I apologized.

"Sorry that line was on my bucket list, I won't barge into your room again." Chuckling a little bit after hearing my words she then asked.

"Can I ask my questions now?" Shaking my head I said.

"Let me start by asking you a question. If you could, would you remove the control your Father has over you and your Brother?" Her face now showed surprise for a second but it quickly vanished as she dropped her things and ran up to me grabbing my hands then asked with desperation clear in her tone.

"Is that possible?"

"I don't know for sure but I have two ways that might make it possible. Either way, though it will take a little over a decade before it could be achieved." Quickly getting her emotions under control after hearing my answer she separated from me and wanted to apologize but I stopped her.

"Don't apologize, express your emotions as much as you want."  Hearing my words a smile formed on Reiju's face again and seeing that I started to explain.

"Now to answer the questions you probably have. One, I wanted you specifically because you have all your emotions unlike your brothers and your ability to poison is the most useful in my opinion. Two, If Judge is as smart as I think he is then he will realize that you out of all of his children is the best person to rule the Germa kingdom after him."

Taking a deep breath I continued. "Three, I know where Sanji is and we can and will go see him before we start our journey. Four, we will be training ourselves in the East blue for the next nine years. Five, I plan on helping you with the aforementioned problem of Judges' control by either hoping our doctor's ability will be useful when he trains it enough, or we will have to find and ask Dr.Vegapunk to help. But If he can't help no one else will likely be able to."

Reijus eyes were wide open, tears threatening to fall out as she asked. "I'll be able to see Sanji again?"

'Out of all of what I told her, that's her first question? I can see why Sanji likes women so much, they're the only people who have ever shown such care for him.' Pulling Reiju Into a hug I then rubbed the top of her head and in a reassuring voice told her.

"Yes, you can, don't worry too much about Sanji, he is living for his dream of becoming a great chef and one day finding the all blue." Wiping her eyes she asked another question.

"Will he be able to achieve his dream?"

"KYAKYAKYA, of course, he will, although it won't be until the world government collapses and the red line is destroyed." My words had an even more powerful effect on her than the others as her eyes seemed to almost pop out and she was slightly shaking in my arms.

"You plan on declaring war on the world government?"

'I suppose it makes sense this is a bigger shock for her than the others. Unlike them she is a princess of a nation that is allied with the world's government, she should have a better understanding of their actual strength.' With this in mind, I tried to calm her by rubbing her hair even more but that only caused her to laugh at my attempt.

'I suppose that works too.' Seeing that she mostly regained her composure I started to explain to her my plans in the same way I have everyone else too which she took a keen interest in I'm. And just like the others once I was done with my explanation she asked.

"How do you know so much? Even the Germa kingdom doesn't have such forbidden or unknown information."

"I would like to tell you but." Quickly understanding what I meant she finished my sentence.

"No matter how much you want to trust me you can't give me too much information because I could be ordered to betray you." A faint smile formed on my lips at her words and I was about to apologize to her but she stopped me by raising her hand to my mouth.

"It's ok. I'm sure you'll tell me once Father no longer has control over me. Besides you told me the world government's biggest secret already so I'm good on bombshells for now." Smiling, I lowered her hand before asking.

"Do you have any other questions?" Thinking about it for a minute she eventually asked with nervousness clear on her face.

"I know I'm going to have to do it eventually but if possible can I not kill if I don't have to?"

'She did start to resent herself and her family for how much they killed in the manga, so this is an unsurprising question.' Tightening my hug I was about to reassure her that she would never have to kill if she didn't want to but there was a sudden knocking at the door.

"Come in." Opening the door Dad stared at our position for a second before sighing and mumbling something about Robin.

'What does she have to do with right now?' I was about to ask him but he spoke first.

"There is a pirate ship heading our direction." Quickly letting go of Reiju I rushed past Dad and onto the deck of the ship where I saw a ship not too far from us with its jolly Rodger being a skull with two swords as the crossing bones both having red handles and the skull itself having red lines over its left eye socket.

"Why did it have to be the red hair pirates? I wanted to test my strength, not get drunk on random islands." Stopping my words there I realized something.

'If the red-haired pirates are this close to the reverse mountain then shanks should become an emperor soon.' Both Dad and Reiju came up beside me as Dad asked.

"What's wrong? You wanted me to call you if pirates came that were strong enough to give you a challenge. From how I see it, except for one person on that ship you should be able to get a good challenge out of most of the others." Sighing after he compared my strength to theirs I leaned onto the railings of the ship and drew imaginary circles on it as I explained.

"That isn't an evil pirate crew so I don't want to just attack them. They're more like a bunch of guys who like to get drunk and party that occasionally keep the peace of the world. Although that one you said I wouldn't be able to beat will soon become an emperor of the sea, he goes by Red-Haired Shanks."

"Oh? Do you think he will try to stop you from achieving your dream?" Dad asked.

"I don't know. I don't think he'll oppose what I want to achieve as long as innocent people aren't pulled into the fray. I can't be completely sure though."

"I could just get rid of them if you don't want them around." Shaking my head while chuckling at Dad the ship finally came close enough for us to communicate with each other. On the deck of their ship, two figures were talking to each other in a jovial manner as they approached the railings. One of the duos had red hair and three slashes over his left eye Shanks and the other had light brown hair tied into a ponytail and a cigarette in his mouth. If I remember the anime correctly it should be Benn Beckman.

Stopping their conversation they looked over at us to both immediately get ready for combat after they made eye contact with Dad. Looking between Dad who seemed to have lost interest in them and them who were ready to fight to the death I started to uncontrollably laugh.

Holding the railing to keep me up from falling over it took me a long time to finally catch my breath. Wiping the tears from the corner of my eyes I noticed everyone now staring at me in confusion. Clearing my throat I then spoke. "Sorry about that."

Looking over at Shanks I asked. "What do you want? It's not very nice to just assume we're going to attack you."

Joining in while deciding to play bad cop Dad scoffed and then looked between Shanks and Benn before speaking. "It's not like it matters, They're too weak for me to care about anyway."

On the other ship, Shanks started to laugh after hearing Dad's words before completely dropping the guard he just raised. "Sorry about that. We were just surprised to run across someone so strong. Anyway, the reason we pulled up on you like this is that we ran out of food that isn't meat and was curious if you had anything you might be able to sell to us."

Thinking about his request for a second I asked. "How do you feel about tangerines?"

My response caused Shanks to have a huge smile on his face as he answered. "I love them."

Nodding at his words I went off to the kitchen and got the tangerines that we had moved over from our last ship. 'I knew taking an entire basket for ourselves wasn't a bad idea. In your face Mom and Robin.'

Walking back out to everyone with tangerines in tow I floated the basket into the air before guiding it towards Shanks as he caught it in his hands even though he was surprised at my ability. "That's a handy devil fruit power you got yourself."

"KYAKYAKYA, thank you. It makes cooking a lot easier."

"DAHAHA, let me go get something to pay you back with." Thinking of this as an opportunity I stopped him.

"No need for that. Instead, pay me back in a different way." Stopping mid-turn he looked back at me before asking.

"How so?"

"When we meet again in the future I'll let you know." Smiling at me before laughing again Shanks agreed to meet again in the future to learn about what I want for the tangerines before we departed from each other.

'I didn't expect to meet Shanks this early, I'll have to think of a reasonable request for those tangerines. Maybe I can ask him to introduce me to Mihawk so I can set up his and Kuinas' fight? I have enough time to think about it.' Turning to Reiju I pulled her back to her room before reassuring her that I wouldn't force her to do anything she didn't want to. This caused her to glare at me so after coughing I told her.

"I mean from now on I will never force you to do anything you don't want to." Beaming in happiness Reiju asked a couple more questions about who she'll be living with from now on to which I answered before I finally left her room and went off to the kitchen to more closely examine it.

The rest of the sail back to the Conomi islands was pretty boring. The entire way the only thing I could think about was the lack of actual pirates I've seen on the open water. Taking at least some solace in the fact that some Fishman pirates are going to be attacking us in less than two years.

29