Chapter 34 – Congratulations
560 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Emma POV)

Opening my eyes I saw Robin's face so close to mine my vision blurred for a second. 'I could wake up to this every day.'

Thinking this to myself and not letting go of my grip around her I rubbed my face against hers before closing my eyes again, waiting for her to wake up. Eventually, Robin started to stir slightly in my arms before she opened her eyes and blinked a few times while finding herself staring into mine. "Good morning sleepy head. You woke up late today compared to nor-."

Suddenly I found Robin's hand over my mouth and before I could try to speak again she quickly pecked me on the cheek.

"You know you're not dreaming right." Turning red at my words Robin looked away from me as she spoke.

"I know, but you said you wanted me to be more proactive so I…" Trailing off towards the end of her sentence to an inaudible whisper while turning even redder the more she spoke caused me to start to laugh.

Glaring at me while Pursing her lips Robin quickly turned her head away again while Scoffing. "Fine, I won't do th-"

Before she could finish saying that out loud I leaned my face towards hers which was in a perfect position as my lips made contact with her cheek. Not Stopping there though I sucked on it for a second, just enough to ensure she'd had a hickey before I stopped.

Tensing up in my arms I felt Robin's entire body turn into a bed warmer as she was lost for words while staring at me wide-eyed and holding one of her hands to her cheek. "Let's go eat breakfast."

Not giving her any time to come out of her stupor I got out of bed while still holding her in my arms and proceeded to walk towards the kitchen. Coming out of her daze once we were in front of the door to the kitchen, Robin quickly tried to break free from my arms but I just laughed at her half effort attempt before opening the door and drawing everyone's eyes.

Whistling at us Monet said. "Spent the night together, left markings and you're not separating even now at breakfast. Must be nice."

At the end of her sentence, she was staring at Kuina who looked down at her plate of food and murmured something while she turned progressively redder. 'I'm surprised that Monet hasn't slept in the same bed as Kuina yet with how she acts even more shameless than me at times.

"I also wish Law would let me sleep in his bed but he always says that he wouldn't be able to sleep and mercilessly denies my request." At the side, Reiju was sitting in Law's lap like normal while leaning into his chest and saying these words with nothing but disappointment on her face.

Coughing into his hand while using the other one to stop Reiju from exploring his body, Law quickly tried to change the subject.

"So Emma, how was the recruitment of the two new members?"

'I guess I'll help you out, sorry Reiju.' Going along with the change I replied.

"Good, they'll be stopping by later so that Dad can estimate where they're currently at before he can give them a regiment." Nodding to me he added on in a sympathetic voice.

"So they'll be running." Laughing at the concern he was showing for the two new members I suddenly stopped when something lightly hit my chest.

Looking down I saw Robin who was crimson red while silently pleading for me to let her down. 'I shouldn't make her too embarrassed yet she becomes mad at me.'

Acquiesced to her pleading but still taking my liberties with it by walking over to the table before setting her down I then went to make us both a plate of food while ignoring the glare Robin was sending to my back.

Bringing back our plates and setting one in front of her, I then used my ability to bring us some cups and the pitcher of juice before I finally sat down after pouring our drinks. After taking a bite of food I asked Monet.

"Did Dad already go back to his room?" Swallowing the bite she had taken while using the same fork to feed Kuina who for some reason didn't have any utensils she answered me.

"He left a few minutes ago, a little before the both of you decided it was time to stop being all lovey-dovey." Spitting out some of the juice she was drinking, Robin glared at Monet but that just made her laugh so she changed her target to me.

Smiling wryly I inched my face closer to Robin making her back up in a panic and give up on her glaring as she mumbled something under her breath with reddened cheeks while poking at her food.

"He did tell me to tell you that your grandparents will be visiting."

"I have grandparents?"

'In my last life my mother's parents abandoned her when she was a child and my Dad's parents died before I was old enough to form long-term memories so I wonder what having them will be like.' Thinking about what they could be like I responded to her.

"I didn't even know I had grandparents, did he say anything about them?"

Shaking her head in denial I sighed before going back to eating while occasionally catching Robin looking at me out of the corner of my eye.

'Let's tease her some more before I have to start training.' Holding my fork in my mouth I then used my ability on the fork Robin was eating with, pulling it out of her hands before taking mine out of my mouth and floating it into her hands.

Not letting her question what happened I started using her fork as if it was mine all along as I act like nothing happened. Looking at the fork and then at me Robin looked around the table and found everyone watching an interesting spot on the floor or walls. Looking back at the fork, Robin stared at it for a minute before the corner of her lips raised slightly and her face became as red as the mark I had left as she started eating with it.

'I figured she was going to say something. I owe everyone here now though.' Looking around at everyone I found that when I made eye contact with someone a sly grin would appear on their lips.

'I don't know why you're also smirking Law, we're even now.'

(3 months later)

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHH WHY DID I DO THIS AGAIN! MOTHERFUCKING SHIT BITCH AHHHHHH! FUTUO FUTUERE!" Watching Mom give birth I heard Robin speak at my side.

"She's even using a different language to curse this time." Smiling, I was about to ask her what those words meant even though I already knew, just so I could hear her say it. Before I could though.

"Waaaaaaaaaaa!"

"Congratulations, it's a boy." Both Dad and I were at the nurse's before she could look up from my baby brother, scaring her half to death when she did.

Ignoring the nurse I focused on my baby brother taking him before Dad had the chance to. Holding him in my arms for a second as he stopped crying I wanted to hold him longer but someone else needs to move right now. Walking next to Mom and as handing him. over to her but before she could take him he disappeared.

Instantly I raised my guard and used Haki to sense everything around me. Feeling something, I looked behind me to find two older people, a man with long blonde hair that was tied similarly to Mom's and mine, and the other one was a woman who had short black hair that was cut up to her shoulders, she cradling my brother in her arms while looking down on him.

"Who?" Getting ready to attack I was about to use my ability to carry my brother to safety while also slamming these two intruders into the ground but my ability was canceled before my area could become large enough to encompass all of us.

Looking back at Mom in confusion she laughed for a second before looking at the two old people. "It's good to see you again Mom, Dad. Can you give me my baby though I kinda want to see what my son looks like? You're also making your granddaughter into an enemy right now."

Snapping out of her daze while staring at my brother, the old lady who is my grandma walked up next to Mom with a wide smile on her face while handing him over to her.

"Sorry about that, we missed the birth of your first and I got too impatient thinking we might miss another one." Smiling back at her while taking him into her arms, Mom looked down on da baby as he looked back up at her. Lowering her face to his Mom rubbed her nose against his, causing him to laugh.

Suddenly Interrupting this lovely scene I felt someone pat my shoulder, looking to my left I saw who is supposedly my Grandfather standing there. "I'm sorry we haven't had the chance to meet you before. We plan on making up for all the lost time though."

At first, I was surprised at his sudden apology but I just shrugged my shoulders as I reassured him. "Don't worry about it, it doesn't matter much to me."

Pointing at my new little brother I continued. "Just let him know what loving grandparents are like."

Grandad was surprised at my words but I didn't give him any time to respond as I walked up to the side of Mom where Dad was.

Looking down on Mom who was happily holding our new family member I asked. "What name did you and Dad end up choosing?"

Smiling a little wider Mom said. "Rune."

I was slightly taken aback at Mom and Dad's naming sense but chose to not say anything as my gaze moved to Rune and a smile like Mom's formed on my lips. 'You have no idea how much doting your In for. Good luck little brother.'

(Episteme A. Garrard POV)

Watching my granddaughter brush me aside so easily I felt guilt wash over me as she looked down at her little brother seems to completely forget about me. "Don't mind her too much. She's just extremely excited to finally meet her little brother, she hasn't stopped talking about wanting to see him for a couple of weeks now."

Looking at the girl who walked up to me and tried to make me feel better I was reminded of something that Geina had told me. Smiling widely to the girl I introduced myself. "Hello, I'm Emma's Grandfather, the name Garrard. Your Robin I presume? It's so good to finally meet my future Granddaughter in law."

Watching the girl turn red at my words while she opened and closed her mouth mindlessly with her eyes wide in surprise I chuckled to myself. After a few moments of this funny scene, she seemed to finally be able to speak again as she replied in a quiet voice. "Nice to meet you G...Grandfather."

Smiling at her again I patted her head and said. "I have gifts for everyone, although I haven't had the chance to meet any of you in person Geina has been talking to me about all of you non-stop in the calls we have so I think each of you will like what we got for you."

She raised her head and was about to say something but I just disappeared from that spot before appearing behind Gauge and then disappearing with him before anyone but my wife and Geina could realize what happened.

Looking around the room we were in, Gauge sighed before turning to face me. "Couldn't you have waited for a little before we fought? I'll admit I want to start already but my newbo-"

Flicking him on the forehead and sending him into the wall I shook my head as I rebuked him. "You idiot, why would we fight in a storage room? Can you not use that brain of yours?"

Pulling himself out of the wall he then tilted his head as he asked with confusion evident in his tone. "Then why did you bring me here? You can bring all this stuff back yourself instantly without my help."

Shaking my head once again I sighed before asking him. "It seems Emma is extremely strong for her age, that attack she was about to hit us with could have harmed us if Geina didn't stop her." Interrupting me before I could continue, Gauge started to laugh loudly.

"YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA! Of course, she's strong, you know how long Geina and I have been training her for."

Getting irritated at his self gloating I flicked him on the forehead once more sending him back into the hole his body created last time. "Let me finish before you stroke your ego, although you can go ahead make Geina sound even better I fully encourage that. My baby girl is amazing after all."

Once he climbed out of the hole I continued as he brushed off his clothes. "I said "Could have hurt us", not would have. Honestly, she's too weak, especially for what her plans are. I'm disappointed that you didn't make her stronger. But you don't have to worry about that because Geinas Mother and I will be staying with you all for the next few years and I'll make Emma, my future Granddaughter in law, and the rest of their crew stronger than you ever could."

Gauge looked confused and was about to ask something but before he had the chance I sent him back to the hospital room Geina is in. Looking around at the presents I started to smile. ''I haven't had a reason to send him flying for a long time, thank you for giving me one Emma. I can't wait to see what you all become once you finish my training.'

Cackling to myself I gathered up all of their gifts into one pile before appearing in their ship's storage room and setting everything down. 'Time to go have my turn with my new grandson.'

Thinking this I disappeared once again.

20