Chapter 47 – Kidnappped
439 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Sugar POV)

After I ran for half an hour we finally became able to make out Alabasta Kingdom in the distance. "This should be far enough." 

Slowly I halted my steps while Nojiko and Nami hopped off my back. 

'Finally, this heat is too much' As fast as I could I transformed back into a human so that I could hide my body from the sun.

"How should we handle the search for her?" 

Walking up beside me Nami squinted her eyes as she stared at the kingdom. "Let's just go straight to the castle, hopefully, she'll still be there."

Her decision is what I also wanted to do so I began to walk towards Alabasta as I fell into thought. 'I think I'll make everyone walk back to the ship when we find Vivi; my body isn't equipped to deal with this heat.'

Eventually, we made it to the giant staircase that you have to take to get into Alabasta. 

"This thing is neat, I'll have to take my time exploring around for other places like this when I create my map of this island." Nami’s words made me stop and turn to face her.

 "Weren't you going to do that anyway?" 

"I suppose so… Anyway, let's hurry to the castle, it won't be hard to sneak in." 

As she finished her sentence I turned to face the castle. 'We need to make this fast so that I can look for soundproofing material.'

Without any further delay, the three of us began to walk towards the castle. It wasn't hard for any of us to sneak inside, we basically just walked in the front door without anyone the wiser.

'I know we were told that Haki isn't used in paradise but you would think that such an old kingdom would have at least one person who can use Observation Haki stationed to watch over the castle.'

After we walked around for a while we eventually found a group of giant ducks with one who seemed to be in the lead giving an emotional speech to the others.

After watching the duck give his speech for a minute I turned to face Nojiko and Nami to find them staring back at me. After a few seconds, we nodded our heads and went back to watching the lead duck.

For a little bit longer the lead duck continued to quack. Once he seemed to be done the other ducks waddled up to him, and rubbed their beaks against him. After they all stopped the main duck looked to the high ceiling and loudly quacked followed by the other ducks doing the same.

Suddenly I felt someone approaching us and when I turned to face them I found a tall man with blonde hair that had it curled three times on each side of his head. "Karoo, we have to leave soon, did you tell the others where we are going." 

"Quack, quack quack."

"You still have a few days so take your time." 

"Quack!" After he quacked this time Karoo looked to the other Ducks before he began to sprint away, soon the group of ducks followed him.

'That was an experience.' Turning my attention away from where the ducks left I began to focus on the newcomer.

 'That must be the Igaram person Emma told us about.' Like earlier I then turned to face Nojiko and Nami to find that both of them had their eyes locked on Ingram. 

'Looks like we're on the same page.' 

As he turned away and began to leave we followed behind him, soon he stopped in front of a door and knocked. "Princess, it's me, may I come in?"

After he asked his question I got as close behind him as I could so that I'd be able to sneak into the room when he entered. 

"Come in." 

Just as he opened the door and before he turned to close it I slid into the room and went to a corner before I silently jumped to the corner of the roof where I could easily hold myself up. As I looked around the room I found that Nojiko had seemingly performed a similar action to me in a different corner.

'Weird, how didn't I notice her enter behind me?' 

"Everything for our departure is almost ready, we should be able to begin our infiltration plan soon. We'll leave the island in a few days then head for Whisky Peak." As Igaram was speaking he pulled out a small box from under his hair. 

'What the fuck.' My thoughts were cut short as Vivi quickly shot to her feet and took the box. 

"It took a little longer than expected but I was able to prepare a weapon that should suit you perfectly. They're called peacock slashers." 

After she opened the box Vivi pulled out what seemed to be many sharp jewels on a wire. "I'll start practicing with them now, thank you for this Igaram." 

While he shook his head Igaram pointed to the peacock slashers. "There's no need for thanks, Princess. Although I don't know how to effectively use that weapon, the person who created it wrote down some tips for it. They should all be in the bottom of the box."

Once Igaram was done speaking he began to walk out of the room but Vivi stopped him. "How is Karoo?"

With a wide smile on his face, Igaram turned back to Vivi. "He and the others should be enjoying the pond in the backyard right now."

In response, Vivi also smiled, then she took some papers from the bottom of the box and began to read them while Igaram left the room. After a minute I focused all of my attention on the door and the hallway outside to ensure it was clear. Before I got back on the floor I looked over to Nojiko to find her eyes locked on the door.

'Good job being a lookout.' Silently I shimmied to the floor then approached Vivi from behind, once behind her I bent over next to her ear.

"So you want to take down Baroque Works?"

(Nefertari Vivi POV)

'Wrap the end of the wire around your pinky and spin the jewel around.' After reading some more of the note I determined that it shouldn't be too hard to learn to use this weapon. 

"So you want to take down Baroque Works?"

The sudden voice from behind me caused me to jump up in shock, quickly I got ready to swing my new weapon as I turned to face the intruder. "Who are you and how did you get here?" 

"I understand wanting to defend yourself but that thing won't even be able to touch me." The person in the mask then pointed to the peacock shooter. 

"Would you like to test that out?" I was about to swing it next to the masked person in an attempt to scare them but they stood still and just stared at me while they wore a mocking smile. 

"You can try if you want but if you attack me then I'll attack back, and you should have a good idea of my strength since I've been in this room since Igaram entered."

Their declaration shocked me, my eyes feeling as if they'd pop out of my head. "How?" 

They didn't respond to me with words, instead just continued to wear that same smile. 

"How do you know that it's Baroque Works that we plan on infiltrating?" All my senses were now all locked on the masked figure in an attempt to catch if they lie.

"Would you believe me if I said a bunny told me?."

"What?" I could feel my lower jaw fall as that word slipped from my mouth.

'It doesn't seem like she's lying. Does she know someone like Pell?... on second thought it might just be someone in a bunny mask with what this person is wearing.'' 

"Why did you approach me? It doesn't seem like I'd be much help to you If you wanted to take down Baroque Works." 

"Well I actually don't care about taking down Baroque Works, the only reason I came to this island is to find you." 

"For me?" The more they explained the more confused I got as I'm sure my eyes were now bulging from all the shock.

"Yes, Bunny wants you to join us." 

"What do you mean to join you? I have to save my country." I was about to yell for Igaram but before I could I found a hand over my mouth, the person who was in front of me now stood behind me.

'I didn't even see them move.' I could feel my body begin to shiver as they leaned close to my ear. 

"It's not a request." Just as they finished speaking I felt something hit the back of my neck before everything went black.

In a dark void, I could feel my body rock back and forth, slowly I opened my eyes to find a familiar-looking sight. "Karoo?" 

"Quack." Without turning to look back at me Karoo continued to walk forward. 

'Where is he tak-'

"Oh, you're finally awake."  To my left where the voice came from I found three people walking next to Karoo, the one who spoke wore a mask that looked like a bee.

"Where am I?" As I turned away from the group to survey my surroundings I found nothing but sand in all directions.

'They already got me out of Alabasta Kingdom? How long have I been out?' Suddenly a plan came to my mind as I wrapped my arms around Karoos neck.

"Run!" It seemed like Karoo didn't hear me so I once again told him to run but he continued to match his pace with the group.

'Why isn't he listening?'

"You won't be able to get him to do that, he's a smart duck and fastly realized the difference in strength between us." The person who talked this time was the same one who talked to me in my room but they now held a large sack over their shoulder.

"Do you think you can just walk into Alabasta Kingdom and kidnap the future queen so easily?"

"Yeah, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be actually." 

"Why?" Now that there were three of them I hoped I could glean some more information from their reactions.

"It's like I said, Bunny wants us to take you to her, she'll explain everything once we get there. But I can confidently say that once you hear what she has to say you'll be happy that you were kidnapped." It seemed like they realized something after they finished speaking: reaching into their cloak they pulled out an envelope.

"We ran into someone named Koza on the way to Alabasta Kingdom, he said he was a friend of yours and asked me to give this message to you." 

Although I was shocked at the fact they meet Koza and he had given them a letter to deliver to me I still took it from the person and looked down at it for a minute before I looked back up at the person in a fox mask. "Thank you."

(Emma POV)

“Already? I knew it was the right decision to trust you three with this task.” On the other end of the den-den mushi Sugar then began to explain everything that happen before they kidnapped Vivi.

“What did you think of the rebellion?”

“They were all pretty weak.”

‘I didn’t mean it like that but whatever it’s not like that matters anymore now that we plan on getting rid of Crocodile.’

“Did you also find what you were looking for?”

A loud peal of laughter clearly filled with joy came from the other end of the call before Sugar was able to respond with her words.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

“SHUSHU, I can’t wait. It will be so nice to be able to sleep on my bed once we sail out again, I always had to keep my body curved when I slept on the crow’s nest.”

I couldn’t help but feel guilty so I began to apologize but Sugar stopped me. “It wasn’t just you so don’t think about it too much, it’s all in the past now anyway.”

“You’re so forgiving.”

“SHUSHU, anyway I have to get this sound Proofing installed, I’ll call you again when we are close to Drum Island.”

Hearing her call it by its old name I realized I forgot to tell them the news. “It’s no longer known as Drum Island, its new name is Sakura Kingdom.”

“Why sakura? That’s like the last place they could grow.”

“KYAKYAKYA, you’ll see when you come back, this place is a real beauty now.” With that said I hung up the den-den mushi before I continued to train my body. After about an hour of lifting Monet walked into the training room.

“It’s good you’re here, Sugar just called. She is on her way back right now, they found our next crew member and kidnapped them.”

“SUSUSU, it looks like our next crew member will be an interesting case, I wouldn’t have thought of trying to get someone on our side by kidnapping them.” As she was responding to me she went to pick up some weights to which I increased the gravity on.

“I wouldn’t have tried it that way either, thankfully Vivi is a calm-headed person who thinks through any situation she is in. It will still be a problem, though, since the Princess to one of the families who created the world government went missing.”

“Oh well, that’s her kingdom’s problem to deal with.”

‘I’m not so sure you would have chosen a much better route than kidnapping if I had asked you to go find her.’ Shaking my head I continued to lift weights as Monet and I discussed ideas of how to dominate or get dominated by our respective partners.

13