Chapter 5 – Hunting Party
468 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The shit cleaning job started with the first light of the morning and lasted until sunset was not too tricky for Nafız. In the first days of her new life, she painfully taught herself that a person could lose her life in this world at any moment. Her old life's civilized rules did not work here; the powerful could do whatever she wanted.

After Shaky Head and Nafız started working as a team, they lived without any problems. Pigtail, an experienced Orc. He banned them from entering the warrior division, working in the supplies division and hunter divisions.

If Shaky Head wandered among the warriors with this size, it would mean to shout trouble. Although there were some problems in the hunter department, everything was fine after a few broken bones.

Nafız was able to catch up with the standards of her previous life due to the feast they had from the dining hall waste every evening. The newborn time's strangeness has disappeared a little, but things were getting utterly different on Shaky Head's side.

Regular feeding gave way to two meters and a half-centimeter in height, two and a half times the Head of an adult orc, and teeth and muscles that could not be compared to any orc in the tribe. The balance problem he experienced during his newborn time ended with his body's development, and he took the title of the most majestic orc in the tribe.

Although his body, which has been growing day by day, has reached the end of the last day's birth, the news has already reached the ears of Thick Fang. Thick tooth, burning with the fire of vengeance, was convinced that the time had come. With a flick of his hand, his deputy entered his tent.

"We go hunting with the sunrise! Complete the preparations!"

When he ordered his assistant with a cold expression in his eyes, his fists were tightly closed.

Nafız and Shaky Head returned to their tents after eating their meals, but a shadow appeared before them from the darkness.

"Department head is waiting for you in his tent."

His assistant, who carried them behind Pigtail on the first day, spoke quietly. When they entered the tent, Pigtail was waiting for them.

"Guys, you're attending the hunting party tomorrow. I wanted to warn you that it is an order I cannot refuse. "

The orc's nervousness was evident on his face as he spoke quickly and quietly.

"What I fear is happening to me."

Nafız knew that today would come but did not predict that it would be so soon. Both had disturbed the chief's lineage; it would be delusional to think that this business would be closed at no cost.

"We always give a few staff to hunting parties, it's a normal thing, but this time the two of you are specifically requested."

Pigtail took a deep breath before he continued his words

"The Thick Fang will lead the party personally!"

As he finished his speech, a deadly silence fell into the tent. They might have had little luck at an ordinary hunting party, but the protagonist came to care for his work.

"Sir, what can we do? Would you please give us a bit of advice? Is there no hope at all? "

Her psychology, which had slowly recovered after a few quiet days, collapsed again. Nafız could not hold back tears.

He was an ordinary person working in the copying center in his previous life, thinking the most about dealing with his brother-in-law. When she suddenly suffered many life-or-death situations in her new world, she could not take it any longer and fell on her knees.

"You will escape when you get the first opportunity. Better if it happens tonight, otherwise you have to flee while hunting, otherwise death is the only thing waiting for you."

Pigtail, whom she looked with pleading eyes, said the last things she wanted to hear.

"Let's get out. We have to run!"

Nafız took Shaky Head by his arm and came out of the tent and encountered a nasty surprise. The warriors who had not been seen down the hill until now seemed to be everywhere.

"I guess we have no choice but to wait for tomorrow."

She could feel the fighters laughing at them as she walked into the shit cleaner's tent in front of Shaky Head.

"The tent is full. You will sleep outside!"

The inside of the empty tent was visible through the doorway as the talking soldiers laughed.

"Enough motherfuckers, let me sleep well tonight!"

Enraged, Nafız cried out in the face of the warriors

"You are coming against us, ha ha ha, there was entertainment at night."

The two warriors were cheerful, like children who had found their toy. They were thinking about having fun with the underdeveloped orc standing in front of them; it was customary for them not to see the hand coming to squeeze their throats.

Nafız knew very well the owner of the tree-trunk-thick arms that went over her head to the warriors' throats. When she turned quickly, she saw that Shaky Head was looking into the air.

"I am sleepy. What should I do with these?"

Nafız, turning her head towards where Shaky Head was looking, saw two soldiers whose feet were half a meter above the ground.

"Throw it away. It's not worth getting your hand dirty."

Shaky Head shook the two warriors who were struggling in their hands and threw them sideways. Nafız, who was looking at the giant orc behind her, entered the tent, thinking, "We can do tomorrow's work tomorrow; maybe I can find an exit when this creature is with me."

When the first lights of the morning reached the tribe, the hunting party was about to finish preparations for the departure. Over a hundred hunters and nearly twenty supply division members were waiting at the foot of the slope. With twenty warriors who came under Thick Fang's leadership, they set out to the desolate steppes.

The place where the tribe lived was located in the middle of the barren steppes. It was impossible to see plants growing except for a few herbaceous trees half the size of an orc.

The target of the hunting party was the Great Mountain, half a day from the tribe. Hunting parties were held every two days, and the tribe's meat needs were met due to the significant losses.

The supplies section was always located at the rear of the hunting groups, carrying the hunters' spoils advancing from the front. The idea of Nafız to take advantage of this situation and escape became a dream when Thick Fang brought half of the soldiers she brought with her to the back.

"It secures the group by placing us at the back, just as expected from the chief's grandson."

One of the soldiers placed behind spoke out loud.

"Our chief's grandson even cares about you miserable supplies. You have to be grateful!"

Another Orc spoke, looking down at the supplies.

Apart from her situation's troubles, the stupid speech of the fighters who came after them was also hurt Nafız. These conversations ended when they reached the foothills of the Great Mountain.

The Great Mountain was a place of high trees and green land where wild creatures lived. Hunters generally hunted on the mountain slopes, rarely heading inland. Losses increased as one entered the inner parts, and as long as the hunt was sufficient, there was no future.

The hunt seemed certain to be completed at the mountain entrance, as the chief's precious grandson was among them. Everyone was waiting for the command from Thick Tooth.

"Today, I am here for a very great cause. You know, we lose many of our brothers on this mountain at every hunting party!"

Thick Fang, speaking to the admiring glances of the Orcs, continued with excitement.

"There is only one criminal for this, and he is the cruel creature, King of the Great Mountain. I, the grandson of the great chief Ayıboğan, Thick Fang, will put an end to this torment!

"Hunters forward! We will proceed non-stop to the Black Cave! "

Hearing the order, the Orcs started running into the mountain, crying war. Nafız, who had been waiting for such confusion since the beginning of the day, was looking for a way to escape. When she took her friend's arm and turned, the two warriors saw the Orcs waiting for them.

"You two will come to the Black cave!"

When the conversation was over, they moved forward among the ten warriors. By the time they got to the thick tooth, the hunter group had already started bloody battles in the interior of the mountain. The hunters attacked fiercely, painting the mountain red with the blood of the creatures they killed and the blood they spilled.

When the entrance of the Black Cave was reached with the hunters' intense efforts and heavy losses, the warriors did not participate in the fight in any way. Nafız was very surprised by this situation; why didn't they help, despite having an ax. While the hunters sacrificed themselves, the warrior group took advantage of the turmoil and rushed to the mountain top.

"Ten of you wait here. The rest are going in with me!"

Thick Fang once again gave orders to the warrior group under his command.

"I'll go in!

"No, I'll go in!"

The warrior Orcs began to shout among themselves. When ten lucky Orcs entered the cave after a bit of struggle, their joy was read in their faces.

"How lucky I am. I will witness what happened today."

"Thick Fang will change the history of the tribe, and I am right here."

When the warriors led by Thick Fang passed the tunnel at the cave entrance and came to the open area inside, their voices suddenly stopped. Seeing a mountain of skulls and the creature sitting on top of it, most warrior Orcs would, for the first time, feel fear in their hearts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My darling! I have no fault other than my despair.

Ahmet Arif

 

7