Chapter 7 – Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining
388 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before Nafız could slowly open her eyes, she wondered where the hell I was now. As she waited for the metallic sound to reach her ear, she was awake and examining the surroundings.

Together with the seriously injured Shaky Head, they found themselves in a completely white room. Nafız, who searched the room with curious eyes, discovered a blood-red door in the endless whiteness. While Shaky Head was lying unconscious, Nafız's mind was being invaded by various thoughts.

"Leave it. İt will be a burden to you!"

"Kill him, end his pain!"

Nafız was frozen by thoughts rushing like the waters of a collapsed dam. Although this short-lived situation was long for her, she managed to mutter slightly.

"Maybe I have never been a fearless, very virtuous person, but I am not a rascal who failed those who did me good."

Putting her will and eliminating the thoughts in her mind, Nafız grabbed Shaky Head's colossal head and walked towards the only object in the room. Blood seeping from her friend's wounds formed a red streak on the floor of the milky-white room.

She discovered two holes in the door, which were decorated with various patterns and reliefs. Nafız's fingers, who reached out to investigate the inside of the holes resembling a creature's tiny mouth, began to bleed when they touched the razor-sharp edges.

As the blood flowing from her hand was rapidly drawn into the mouth-shaped holes, Nafız understood what had to be done. The door wanted blood, though she wasn't sure she was convinced that this was the only way to open it.

Under normal circumstances, she would not hesitate to ask Shaky Head to undertake this task, but using someone unconscious and losing blood in this job brought the same as killing him.

Nafız took a deep breath and clenched her teeth, and then put her hands through the holes in the door. The sharp edges ripped her skin and let the blood flow into the doorway as she reached her wrists. At these moments, Nafız waited for the door to open as soon as possible, and the time did not pass.

She discovered that the flow in her hands stopped as she began to feel the blood in her limbs being wholly withdrawn. As the door slowly started to open, Nafız pulled her hands from the holes and watched the wounds on her wrists heal miraculously. Nafız was weak due to blood loss, and she had a hard time carrying her friend to the other side of the door.

When she looked into the room they entered, she saw that it was designed in the form of a small laboratory. Various problems were written on the boards hanging on the wall, and there were some test tubes on the tables. Many items in glass containers gave off smoke, adding a mystery to the environment.

There was a door here as well. Unlike the striking structure of the previous one, this door was made from a solid black material. Insight, the door had neither handle nor lock. Nafız searched the door for a while but couldn't find any clues.

Nafız, who could not get results from the door, started to examine the surrounding materials. Then the boards on the wall caught her attention, and she discovered that one of them had a geometry question on it.

"This is the simplest level geometry!"

When Nafız wrote the answer to the remaining angle of a triangle given two angles, a lock sound came from the door. Understanding the logic of the event, Nafız quickly got to work.

While an unlock sound was added to each problem she solved, all the questions on the boards were over. Although the questions were challenging for an Orc, Nafız was a high school graduate, solving simple questions without any problems.

Contrary to Nafız's expectation, the door did not open, and so she turned to the test tubes on the tables. Each experiment had a parchment with instructions, and she could easily read what was written in a way she did not know-how.

When the last experiment was completed, the door opened wide by itself. When Nafız entered the other room, she could not believe her eyes. The Angry Bull was waiting for them with a war hammer in hand.

"Did you think you could escape from me? What a delicacy that carried the body next to you so far."

Angry Bull continued his speech as he walked over the duo.

"You hurt me. I won't stop until killing you."

Nafız saw next to her a dagger stuck in the ground. Shaky Head was lying unconscious behind her, while the Angry Bull was attacking with her horns in front of her. Realizing that it would not help escape, Nafız cried out and attacked the Angry Bull with the dagger in her hand.

Nafız did not close her eyes at the moments when the time was flowing as if to stop. Her eyes shone as she moved towards the angry bull's big horned Head.

Before the two warriors were close to each other, Nafız was fainting with a sharp smell coming into her nose. When she opened her eyes, the scene changed completely, awakening in front of a fatal-looking woman. When she leaned her eyes to look at the coldness in her throat, she saw that the dagger she had just held was now against her throat.

"Don't move, little mouse! Wait for your friend!"

In the direction the woman was looking, Shaky Head was seen with an orc as big as himself. The other Orcs' hands were on Shaky Head's throat, who has lost consciousness.

"You passed your exam. Will your friend be able to pass? I hope it won't be a problem for you to know that I will take a bath with your blood if it doesn't pass?"

The ruby-colored eyes of the woman, who spoke in loud laughter, were shining brightly. When Shaky Head finally opened his eyes, Nafız would be almost deaf from the sound of his heartbeat.

"Okay, man, it's all over. Wait calmly without moving."

When the Shaky Head tried to get up, the orc beside him gently pressed his head and spoke. This orc was similar to the hologram-like of the other woman, but its touches had a natural effect.

"Mora, I'm so glad that such a good-hearted Orc will get my legacy. What do you think?''

The big orc asked, looking into the red-haired woman's eyes.

"Even though she's horrid, this kid's heart is strong too! I think it's time for our eternal rest, Alyon."

Her voice trembled as she spoke, unlike her wild self before. Alyon, realizing that Mora was sentimental, would turn to two orcs to change the subject.

"You, warriors entitled to our legacy, please introduce yourself!"

The shock of the events was reflected in Nafız's voice.

''Shaky!''

The word came out of her mouth, trembling worthy of the crush of her name.

"My name is Shaky Head!"

Shaky Head could barely say his name due to fractures in his ribs.

"You damn fate, you do not leave us even in death."

Mora screamed when she learned the names of those who would receive their inheritance.

"Mora, calm down!"

Alyon spoke, adding solemnity to his voice.

"Didn't these people pass the specified tests? The dungeon chose them, and we must accept that! "

Alyon continued to speak, ignoring Mora's angry gaze.

"My name is Alyon, and I am the son of the former Orc lord Braveheart. This beautiful lady is the daughter of Abarran, the most famous weapon master of the Hells Lands, and the woman I love."

These words from Alyon calmed Mora and seemed to drag her a little bit of sadness. Alyon continued speaking after a short sigh.

"We are warriors who made our name known all over this continent about a hundred years ago. We tied our heritage and consciousness to this dungeon before a treacherous plan killed us."

Nafız had forgotten all that happened; while listening to Alyon's speech with full attention, Shaky Head was moaning in pain because of the injuries he had received.

"Patience, my friend. When you meet the last condition and take my inheritance, all your pain will end."

Mora asked after the two orcas had one last glance.

"When you swear our revenge, our legacy will be yours. Do you want our legacy, even if it means facing the whole world?"

"Yes, we want your legacy, regardless of the consequence!"

Nafız answered immediately, despite all reservations. Witnessing the power of the manifestation of these people who died a hundred years ago, Nafız thought, "I would die strongly rather than living miserably."

"You made a good decision! Killing you after all this talk would hurt me, too."

As Mora continued to speak with a heartwarming smile on her face, two coffins emerged from nothing behind.

"Our treasures and consciousness await you in coffins. When you inherit our inheritance, you will have our consciousness with it. "If you don't want to lose our legacy, don't forget your promise!"

After completing his words, Alyon's hologram began to fade slowly. In this extinction, Mora accompanied him, with her hands firmly gripping.

Nafız did not know what to say in front of the stage and walked to Shaky Head in melancholy.

"Get up, buddy. İt is time to start our new life!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be ready to burn in your flames: How can you regenerate yourself without ash first?

 Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

9