Chapter 17 – Enemy at the Gate
169 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shortly before the day of delivery, the warrior Orcs began to work in teams. Alyon reorganized the fighters based on the decimal system. The warriors, whose numbers reached a thousand with the participation of hunter Orcs, were practicing maneuver, attack, and defense tactics under the command of Pigtail.

The consciousness of Nafız, who applied a second-level technique without possessing a tenth of her predecessor's power, still did not come back. Losing some of the blood essences had great devastation on her body.

When Dimitri saw the orc tribe from afar, he finally got rid of the fear he carried throughout the journey. Sending images damaged him financially. He saw that wooden fences surrounded the skirts of the slope where the tribe stood.

Dimitri, who stopped his locomotive, looked around as two Orc warriors with axes walked towards them.

"Mr. Merchant, please follow us!"

Dimitri was surprised by the way the orc warrior spoke. What happened in this short time to the Orcs who had not appropriately communicated a month ago?

The merchant, who entered the tribe with his wagons, was unaware that the main surprise awaited him inside. The supplies section tents at the entrance were gone, instead of the positions made with wooden and metal shields. In these positions, uneducated fighters were waiting on a full-equipment watch.

"Sasha, are you sure this is the tribe we came from before?"

When Dimitri turned to him to call, Sasha was glaring around.

"Sir, it is unbelievable as if we entered the main orc tribe!"

Since several times they went to the Main Tribe for trade, Sasha had some impressions. Although he did not want to believe it, he felt that the air in this small tribe was harsher than the Main Tribe.

After they climbed half of the slope with a team of soldiers, they saw that Pigtail welcomed them. The same Orc had greeted them in front of the Chief's tent on their previous visit, and the merchants did not even think to make the words they dared that day at this time.

"Welcome to our tribe. Pigtail, Chief of the supplies department, greets you!"

The merchant and his apprentice hurried down from their locomotives to greet this orc, whom they had never looked at before.

"I, the traveling merchant Dimitri and my assistant Sasha also pay their respects to the department chief!"

Pigtail, who turned foolish at the praise of the merchant, continued his words without revealing his position.

"I invite you to the supplies section for counting and checking the loads in your wagons. When the process is over, our Chief will accept you in his tent!"

While the merchant was busy unloading his cargo, heated topics were discussed in a tent half a day's distance.

"The merchant has entered the tribe, boss. As we guessed, different events are happening in the tribe. "

A scout was giving his report to Redtail, the Chief of the Red Storm bandit group.

"What kind of changes are there in the tribe? Give me more detail!"

"Boss, a fence of stakes was built around the tribe, and various positions were set up on the hill slope. I could not make any further observations as warriors were patrolling the area."

The bandit, who cut off the animal's leg in front of him, burst into laughter.

"These miserable Orcs must have found something. They're too stupid to think that they can stop the Red Storm with these simple obstacles they make. Everybody get ready; we're on the road! "

His lips were glowing with oil as the thug who gave the order took a big bite of the thigh in his hand. He thought that if these dumb Orcs made such an effort, what they had must be precious.

Meanwhile, the merchant and his deputy entered the chef's tent as the count of their ingredients was over. When they entered through the leather door opened by the guards, Dimitri and Sasha knelt on one knee and greeted them.

"We salute the Great Orc Chief Alyon!"

When Sasha finished his words, he looked around and saw that the female orc was not in the tent and breathed a sigh of relief. Experienced merchant Dimitri was also scanning the inside of the tent while saluting. When he saw the armor the Chief was wearing; he could not take his gaze away for a long time. The full, matte black armor was distracting the merchant.

"My armor interested you, Mr. Dimitri?"

Alyon spoke with a laugh, but Dimitri didn't seem to hear him. When his apprentice Sasha touched his shoulder, he turned among the others.

"Sir, your armor has an aura that captivates all colors. No matter how hard I try is not possible for me to get my eyes off. "If you have any thoughts about trading armor, I would be honored to help."

"My dear friend, this armor was given to me by a person I respect very much for an important purpose. I don't think anyone who can take my armor could live in this world. Even death can't take my armor from me!"

When the Chief finished his speech, Dimitri felt his soul wanting to leave his body. When he turned suddenly, he saw that Sasha fainted.

"I think my young friend could not stand the energy I released. Please don't worry; he is will be okay. Would you please come along to get your payment? "

Dimitri didn't know what to say, seeing the orc chief speaking with a big smile on his face again. While his apprentice was lying on the ground, he started walking towards the chest where his treasure was.

When he opened the chest, he saw that the Minotaur's fur was in it, along with the horns and hooves. Seeing the puzzled look on the merchant's face, Alyon spoke.

"Our original deal was on horns and hooves, but we thought of giving a gift for your selfless work. Think of this fur as a sign of our commercial friendship that will develop further in the future."

Dimitri didn't know what to say, was this person one of the wild and stupid Orcs with whom he had been trading for many years? Closing the lid of the ballot box, Dimitri bowed respectfully in front of the Chief.

"Chief Alyon, today we have planted the first seed of our long-term business. You can send me news wherever you are with the mechanical pigeons that I have delivered to the Supplies department."

Both sides were delighted to have created this business link. Although Alyon admits that they had become mighty thanks to the consciousness and equipment, he knew it was impossible to obtain the necessary materials without revealing themselves.

On the other hand, Dimitri was eagerly awaiting the future actions of those who benefited him so much in their first trade.

"Chief Alyon, I want your permission to set off!"

Dimitri was eager to bring his goods to the Golden City.

"What are you in a hurry, merchant friend? Even your assistant hasn't recovered yet. We should celebrate this nice deal between us, and I even made a human-style dinner for you."

Seeing that his apprentice lying on the ground did not wake up, Dimitri saw that he had no other choice and accepted the Chief's offer. The supplies section and warrior section chiefs were also sitting at the table. Sangre, representing the warriors, stood next to Pigtail, head of the supplies department. While the meal continued with pleasant conversations, an outside noise fell into the tent like a bomb.

"Stupid Orcs, the Red Storm brotherhood has surrounded your tribe. Deliver valuable goods and merchants, and we will forgive your miserable lives!"

After hearing, Sangre slowly stood up, "Chief, the enemies we were waiting for reached our tribe. I'm waiting for your orders!"

"What information do the scouts bring?"

"Chief, the enemy is made up of a force of about three thousand people. Except for a few mechanical tools, their weapons are the same as ours."

Alyon thought quietly for a while and then turned to his subordinates and gave his order.

"This war will be a good test for you. While I care for my guest, you will care for these bandits who come to our door. "Destroy the enemy so that not a single person survives!"

''Yes, sir!''

The father and son came out of the tent, making their greetings in a loud noise.

Unlike the merchant's whitening face, Alyon looked flushed with excitement. He started talking, looking at Sasha, who opened his eyes.

"Dimitri, how would you like to take our young friend and enjoy the show?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make your dreams come true. Otherwise, you work to realize someone else's dreams for a salary.

Aamir Khan

7