Chapter 19 – Newly Learned Tactic
161 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two machines moved to the side of the ditch between the gaze of the defensive warriors. As the machines approached, Dimitri did not take his attention away from them for a second. When the mechanical vehicles reached the side of the ditch, the merchant managed to choose precisely their type.

"These are replenishment-type mechanical vehicles!"

The combat mechanics in this world were divided into three types. According to their purpose, these vehicles, which served in wars as an attack, defense, and supply type, contributed a thousand warriors.

The machines that came to the ditch side threw their metal legs to the opposite side of the pit. These tools, which also fixed one of its feet to where they are, formed two bridges over the moat the bandits could pass.

After the bridges were formed, panic began among the orc warriors. Redtail laughed in a condescending tone, seeing the orcs fleeing with their shields in hand.

"A bunch of wild creatures, look at these things. They thought that the holes they had built would protect them forever. Send the second group quickly!"

The Redtail sent one thousand people into the tribe over the bridges built to end the scattered enemy in one move. As a result of his experience from so many wars, he had now seen the perfect opportunity to crush the enemy.

As the bandits began to break into the tribe, Sasha leaned over the merchant's ear.

"Master, isn't it time for us to leave here?"

Sharing his apprentice's concerns, Dimitri conveyed to Alyon that he wanted to leave.

"Chief Alyon, even though your plan would destroy a third of the band of bandits, they still have twice as many warriors like you, and they have entered the tribe. Please come with us! "

"Dimitri, I see you still think these bandits are here just for us."

Tired of the merchant's insistence, Alyon started telling everything.

"While the bandits followed you from a distance for half a day, my scouts were watching them. We were well aware of the number of fighters and the qualities of the mechanical vehicles they had. I knew they would cross our ditches with their supply-type machines, and I knew they could stop you with the defensive-type vehicle hiding behind the hill. "

The events that had happened since they entered the tent were entirely planned not to leave early. He now realized that he had escaped the trap of the bandit's thanks to Sasha's fainting and the banquet prepared.

"Chief Alyon, I don't know what to say about your noble behavior. Please accept my sincere apologies.

"These are issues that are not worth talking about; let's focus on our next business relationship."

When Alyon finished, he gestured to Pigtail with his hand. Seeing this, Pigtail shouted after the last bandits also crossed the mechanical bridges.

"Shields up, create corridors."

When the escaping Orcs heard the order, they built a shield wall around the enemies. With the completion of the walls, the leather parts of the four tents near the chief were torn to reveal the huge slings inside.

"The target is mechanical vehicles! Fire!"

The slings that appeared out of nowhere were about three orcs tall. The upper part of these slings, which were nailed to the ground with a handle, was in the form of two long edges rising from the sides of a large base. There were huge boulders in the rubber part made from the skins and tendons of the wild creatures.

The targets of the simultaneous shots from four slingshots were the machines acting as bridges. Rocks were thrown from the slings stretched by six Orcs, severely damaging the mechanical bridges' legs. As the bridges with broken feet collapsed with a loud noise, about a thousand thugs between the two shield walls were astonished.

"The slings have come in handy more than I expected. How sad it is that the material from which they are made is not of better quality. They become unusable after just one shot."

While Alyon began telling his merchant and his apprentice how they made slingshots, the archers behind the shield walls were raining death on the bandits. Redtail saw the Orcs scattering in fear with his eyes, and he thought his victory was sure when he sent the second group.

When he witnessed the death of his men one by one because of the events that had happened outside his estimates, he came to the side of the ditches and shouted.

"What are you waiting for, idiots? Keep rushing forward. I will make my right arm the one who brought me the head of the orc and the merchant on the hill. "

The first wave of soldiers he sent was recruited or talented enough always to sacrifice. Still, this second group consisted of experienced warriors who had fought with him for many years. The loss of even one meant a weakening of the total combat power.

Their return routes were destroyed, and they were in danger of death with arrows coming from the sides. For the bandits, there was no choice but to follow their bosses' orders. The position promised by his bosses raised the fires of war to the highest degree. Interestingly, although they could not escape anywhere, there was no obstacle for them not to go up the hill except for the tents in front of them.

Overseeing the bandits' movements, the Pigtail turned around twenty orcs standing next to him, "It's time, your duty!" said.

These Orcs started running down the hill, but they stopped when they got to the tents in front. The scene when they tore the tents was not to the liking of the bandits. Huge boulders stood fixed with cross boards, and as the Orcs dislodged the planks, the rocks began to roll over the upward-attacking bandits.

The rocks were released one after the other, rushing through the corridor formed between the moat and the chief's tent. The stones that crushed the bandits before them fell on the bandits who escaped and jumped into the ditch and filled the pits. For the trapped bandits, there was no option but death. They would either be crushed by the rolling rocks or taste the orcs' axes.

"Chief, what a great maneuver this is. Once again, you caught the enemy off guard."

A novice warrior alongside his merchant apprenticeship, Sasha could not hide that he was very impressed by what he saw.

"It was my idea to prevent the enemy's first wave attack by digging a trench. I thought these bandits, who believed that orcs had low intelligence, would attack without hesitation, but what happens after the mechanical bridges are built is the work of Nafız."

Alton continued after he took a deep breath into his lungs.

"She told me about a tactic at the war meeting. When we adopted this tactic, which involves pretending to be defeated and holding back and wrapping the enemy, it worked."

After hearing what the chief had to say, Sasha couldn't help but avoid the feeling of curiosity that swelled inside him.

"Chief Alyon, do you know the name of this maneuver?"

"She calls it the Turan Tactic; she says it is an ancient tactic."

Cold winds were blowing on the Red Storm side as the group sat on the top of the hill talking.

"Have I lost almost all of my men in such a short time? How can a tiny tribe of Orcs make such a preparation? "

Redtail was angrily yelling at his subordinates as he looked at the corpses in the stone-filled moat.

"Having gone this far, we can no longer go back. Commander Anton, please help us."

The chief of the bandits turned to the man, who was wearing purple steel armor covering his entire body and sitting calmly on the sidelines, speaking to him. As the man named Anton rose slowly from his place, he took the sword leaning against the rock next to him.

He didn't mind the desperate gaze of the bandit and didn't even bother to answer. He turned and shouted toward the hill where the defensive mechanical vehicle was hiding.

"Purple rhino warriors, take a position to attack!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Telling the lousy news slowly is like cutting a man with an ax.

Reşat Nuri Güntekin

 

6