Chapter 63 – Ransom
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The situation had strained the nerves of all but the fat man. Each step of the guards was like the sounds of a journey into the unknown.

"Sir, there is urgent news from the mansion!"

One of the servants of the house of Augustus was screaming as if he was using his last strength as he ran out of breath.

"Stop! Come on, if it's not a big deal, you will suffer the same punishment as the gladiator!"

After giving his command to the advancing company, Quintus received the news scroll, and the cheerful smile on Quintus's face faded at lightning speed. The blond-haired fat man, who had finished reading the message, was running around, looking aimlessly, not knowing what to do.

"Get my vehicle ready; we're going back to the mansion right now!"

Mikhael looked as if his eyes were searching for someone as his guards could barely catch up to Quintus, who was running step by step towards the exit. After a few glances, he found his target, and they caught the eye with the new official, the burly orc that shook its head no.

Mikhael, the commander of the battalion from Nikonia, breathed a sigh of relief at the exit of his new boss. Turning towards the gladiators, he said, "I will forgive this rudeness once and for all. You can't blame me for being cruel in case of repetition."

Today, an incredible series of events were taking place in the gladiator school. The decision of the commander of the guards was the ultimate absurdity. Everyone was wrong. This decision did not belong to the new official. He was following the orders of his chief, Alyon.

Mikhael was the one who was interrogated for information about the city, among the soldiers who attacked the tribe with the bandits. He later became the leader of the captive soldiers and an honored warrior of Alyon's tribe. When Nafiz informed her student, Bookworm, about current situations, she knew that Augustus would seek human resources, even though the two noble families received orc bodyguards.

Nikonia, the nearest city, was the only option, as their city lords recruited veteran soldiers for their ill-gotten illegal formation. The Gulag responded positively to the request and placed Mikhael in charge of the detachment to be sent on the Bookworm's orders.

Mikhael wasn't the only tribal warrior assigned to the new bodyguard. Most of the people who accepted Pigtail's offer in the tent that night were here. Even though they didn't want to show it, their eyes were shining from the moment they saw their chief; they were trying hard not to kneel and bow.

In the Augustus mansion, Athena was whining with her two maids at the place where she fell, and when she saw her husband entering the room, she cried out in a hurry.

"Our son is missing Quintus; someone has kidnapped our son!"

The man, who came to his house hoping that it was a bad joke after reading what was written on the parchment brought by the messenger, faced the bitter truth when he saw his wife. His maid, who knocked on the door to wake her son in the morning, did not get an answer, and after a few repetitions, she reported the situation to the lady of the house.

Thinking that her son was doing one of her usual pranks, Athena entered the room and found the note left on the bed with the scattered things. The message was written that their son had a gambling debt and that if they did not give him ten million gold coins with interest in two days, they would take his dead body.

Husband and wife were devastated; the amount requested could not be found on a whim. Even if they sold their properties, it wasn't easy to collect this money in the required time. There was no need even to consider that the urgently sold goods went for almost half the price.

"You rest here, my wife. I will take care of this matter!"

Running away from his home with lightning speed, Quintus' route was clear, so he could only trust his childhood friends. He wanted to stop by Fernandez at first but learned from the mansion that he and the young master had spent the night in the Partheni house.

The new direction was clear. Even though he was angry or at peace since he was little, the friends who grew up together would meet at Niko's house. Nafız, who moved from the small stone house to the main mansion, came to her senses with the first light of the morning and saved the people of the house from trouble.

When Marcos left the old house with the female orc on his back after she passed out at night, he was surprised at what had happened. All but the young girl were tied up and were the target of the orcs' deadly gaze, even though they said they had no guilt about Nafız's condition.

Nafız, who put an end to the situation as she woke up, used Mora's creation of Blood Reinforcement Pills to cure her exhaustion. These were medicines containing high-quality condensed blood extract, and they brought Nafiz to herself in a short time. The only handicap was that they were minimal in stock.

"Sir, the leader of House Augustus…."

"My friends, help me. I am in a complicated situation!"

Quintus' state was as devastated as his words, as the servant entered before he could finish his words. He was talking even though Marcos and Eftelya were in the same environment.

"Calm down, Quintus. Come, sit down! Marcos Eftelya said she wanted to take a walk in the garden!"

When Niko made the sign that the servant orc could leave, Fernandez called out to his son to help his cousin.

"My son is not there. Epiphanes was kidnapped for ransom before the guards arrived!"

Last night, the son of a noble family was kidnapped, although there was no news of the murder. The first thing that came to mind was that the mysterious serial killer was responsible.

"That murderer kidnapped my son. He wants money from me; he wants ten million gold in two days!"

Although the heads of the two families felt sorry for their friends, they knew that what they said was not valid. As it was not difficult to guess, they were almost as sure as their names that the murderer was Nafız.

"Quintus, calm down! The serial killer brutally murders her targets, but your son was kidnapped just for money!"

Quintus shook his head in disbelief as Niko spoke to his friend's relief.

"The fat rock head won't stop until he's satisfied, so don't strain your jaw for nothing!"

After the door of the great chamber opened and the female orc spoke, Quintus jumped up from his seat. One of the last people he wanted to see in his situation was approaching him, smiling.

"What's going on, Niko? How can this slave enter the room?"

The gray-haired man was not surprised by his friend's reaction. He was about to come up with an excuse and explain, but the female orc had no intention of retreating.

Nafız said, "I am the serial killer you blamed for the kidnapping of your slimy son," after a stylish bow, slightly breaking her right leg.

Although the heads of the two families guessed the identity of the murderer, Quintus was stunned by what he heard.

"Believe me; I have nothing to do with your stupid son. Maybe if you had asked the moneylender, he went to replace the money he lost while gambling in the arena, you would have gotten clearer answers."

The blond-haired man broke into the conversation as soon as the conversation was over.

"There was a mention of debt on the left paper, but I never mentioned it here. How could you know about this?"

Contrary to Quintus' stern demeanor, when the other people in the room turned to him with questioning looks, Nafız threw a thick notebook out of the interspace ring into the fat man's face.

"I got this from the poor watchmaker who died two days ago. He denied its existence when I first asked, but after a while, he found it appropriate to exchange it for a quick death!"

As Quintus quickly flipped through the pages, catching the notebook coming towards him in midair, he stopped when he reached the place where his son's debt was written. Even if the registered number was not as much as the ransom demanded, it was still astonishing.

"If you were so surprised by this, if you knew what was going to happen at your house, you would probably have a heart attack!"

While everyone, especially Quintus, was trying to understand what she meant, the female orc calmly continued.

"Soon will be a significant guest in your house. I guess that they will talk to your wife about things you need to hear too!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death is an old thing, but it's brand new whenever it happens.

Ivan Turgenev

Hello there
If you're reading this chapter, I can assume you enjoyed the story, right?
Do you want to support me in my big goal, I leave the link below.
https://www.patreon.com/sanseiu

1