Chapter 92 – Tribute Gang
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The closer she got to the sound source, the clearer the conversations became. A thin male voice spoke, trembling.

"Sir, I beg you! I am a poor shopkeeper; if I give you the money you want, we will starve!"

''Wow, Wow, Wow! You are afraid of hunger, but you are not afraid of us, huh!"

The last thing to hear was the echo of a heavy slap, the threatening man getting more and more excited.

''What happened? Did you think you could get rid of us when the City Lord changed? How happy you were when that brat swaggered. What was he saying, 'The people will now have a say in the administration of the city!' the ignorant child still thinks that the place he lives in belongs to him!"

When Nafız came outside the room on the third floor of the derelict building, she chose to hide from the view she saw. As the subject of the conversation suddenly turned to the City Lord from the threat of extortion, the Blood God, getting closer to the broken sills, continued to listen in silence.

"What did you guys do after that bitch slaughtered random people in the arena? You have embraced the child of her choice. Her turn will come. First, we will root out traitors like you! Now you either give them money, or we cut off your child's head and rape your wife in turn right before your eyes!"

The expression of the man who collapsed to the ground with the effect of the slap he received changed; he hugged the feet of the person who was crawling. This person, whose only remedy was to beg for nothing, was begging for forgiveness while kissing the muddy boots.

The racketeer, laughing arrogantly, had a very different look. Usually, this person should be people with a scruffy beard, shabby type, and horse thief disguise, but the man was exceptionally stylishly dressed, had a clean face, and had an elite air on the outside.

The ten people in the room were no different from their leader. They had short hair and stern eyes. Their attire was simple but clean, and even Nafız would not have thought of labeling these people as racketeers if he had not heard.

"You despicable piece of shit! How happy were you that day when you were clapping your hands until they burst!"

The leader, who hit the man who was clinging to his legs, was enchanted by the sound of bone breaking in his ear.

As events escalated inside, the Blood God standing silently outside the shattered window took daggers in her hands. Those inside were aware of many things that the public would not know; there were very few survivors in the arena that day.

"Do what is necessary for the child; let's take care of his mother first. Get to a nice place like this, stingy bastard. I want the same performance you gave when Marcos was speaking!"

The bright-haired leader had no good intentions. While making a throat slash sign with his thumb to the bodyguard holding the little boy, he calmly turned towards the woman who was trembling with fear.

"No, I beg you! Do whatever you want to me, but leave my child!"

The pathetic scene meant nothing to the racketeers in the room as the woman screamed madly in the arms of the burly man who had grabbed her from behind. Their purpose was clear; either your money or your life!

Even though the woman who witnessed the murder of her son in front of her eyes was about to get down on her knees, she prevented this from happening by grabbing the scalloped arm behind her.

Just then, the sound of two metals splitting the air rang in the ears. Nafız threw the daggers towards the men holding the mother and child.

Weapons would enter through the right eye and the left eye of the other. It happened so fast that the two men couldn't even make a sound as they died.

''Who is it? Get out! I'll spill your guts on the floor!"

The leader panicked; his men were not the ones to taste death before it took two breaths. He immediately leaned against the wall and grabbed the short sword at his waist.

"These people didn't see what happened in the arena, that's for sure. What I'm wondering is, how do you know?"

Slowly stepping on the floor of the room, the Blood God would stand at the last leader, looking into the faces of the panicked men one by one. The man's face didn't look foreign at all; she could figure out who she was with a bit of thought.

Besides, what could be the reason for his manipulation and reflection of what happened that day? All the witnesses knew that Alyon had ordered the massacre, not her.

An opportunist who uses the general judgment formed? Or was it a mole meant to stir things up?

''What are you doing here?''

His subordinates took a step back as the clean-dressed racketeer leader stared at the orca that appeared in the room with fearful eyes. The person they heard from the rumors was in front of them; while moments of pleasure awaited them, they had drawn the priest from the deck.

"We got the children married; we spent a lot of money when we said weddings and stuff. I need money these days. While I was looking for a place to be a bitch, I looked at the topics with a lot of gold in them. I couldn't help but stop by!"

Her long sentence would lose its meaning before it could reach the brains of the men who had just been speaking with pride but were now trembling with fear. Their lives were at stake now; the only thought on their minds was to escape.

"Anyway, don't bother me, guys! One of you is enough. Do you choose, or shall I choose at random?"

How was everything changing in an instant? Where there was no law or order, a strong person had the right to play with you like a toy.

"Whoever you are, bitch. I'm going to kill you!"

Rebelling against one of the eight remaining, he swung his short sword furiously at the Blood God.

When the man whose target was Nafız took his last step, his kneecap was turned upside down. As the leader's face turned white as chalk on the stage, his man would fall in pain.

''Is it okay now? I didn't kill him right away because I thought you liked the bone sound! I'll be offended if you didn't smile like when you broke the man's ribs."

As Nafız, who witnessed what was going on, wanted revenge, the room's silence was broken by the sound of the second kneecap breaking. The man on the ground couldn't even struggle; his pain grew exponentially with every move.

"Come on, you're good; one more person is missing! Do you have anything else to say?"

The head of the man who had just been insulted was blown off with a kick by the person who put his knees in this state. The room occupants were astonished as they could not see the blows; they had found their target almost as fast as lightning in three kicks.

When the Blood God moved to the corner of the room with the family, the leader would not think long to make his decision. He thrust his short sword into the man closest to him. This movement opened the struggle; Friends who had just dreamed of gang rape were now fighting to take each other's lives.

Although Nafız was not interested in the work of people with mediocre talents, she did not take her eyes off them so that there would be no mishaps. At the slightest doubt, she would unplug them all.

A hundred breaths hadn't passed when he fell out of breath as the last remaining person took their hands off his friend's throat.

"Brilliant boy, bravo! You will see a few more sunrises!"

The words he heard shocked the former leader. He was making a move to rise from the ground, soaked with the blood of his men, and jump out of the smashed window.

Just because he decided to run away, Nafız wasn't going to turn a blind eye to it. It didn't even take a breath for him to hit the opposite wall with a kick in the back. After a big noise, he passed out where he was stuck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quality is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Henry Ford

 

0