Chapter 94 – The Enemy Within
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ma'am, how can you be so sure?"

Even though the young Lord was seriously considering this possibility, he still had a small question mark in his mind.

"You were born and raised here in a small port city, Marcos. My life has passed with the talk of foreign warfare; let us know that much!"

Nafız was talking about her experiences in her first life. The child in front of her started to live in accessible mode due to his family's position; he did not start with a hard mode like Nafız and continued with hell mode.

The safety of the three noble families was never mentioned during the conversation, as everyone was very comfortable as Nafız provided it with the orcs in their tribe. The orcs who took the duty of protection owed them a life debt.

As the sunlight gradually lost its scorching heat, Kubey entered the room with a notebook in her hand. From the satisfied expression on her face, it was clear that she was getting the job done.

"Commander, I have completed the interrogation of the person you brought. I have learned that there are issues that we need to take urgent measures!"

The leader of the protection group continued her words after handing the notebook she was holding to Nafız.

"Many people, who had lost their former positions and incomes when you came to power, are united to use their authority in various institutions. Their biggest supporters are the Black Lily Clan, which is associated with the old Lord!"

Marcos involuntarily turned to the female orc beside him, guessing what had happened from the identity of the captured man.

"Continue!"

The Blood God already knew their purpose. It was the enemy's plan of action that she needed to learn.

"They are moving quietly and deeply, preparing for a time they call Liberation Day. I was able to learn that they were waiting for the time when our tribe would leave the city and attack the third orc region!"

The plan was simple; the orcs now everywhere would indeed leave, and they thought they could subdue the few remaining warriors. Once they had captured the city, they would not have lost Parthenia, which had endured almost eight lunar sieges, to the orcs again. Also, the Black Lily Clan had promised to help them by sea.

"Very nice, if I am not mistaken, the people in the organization and their names are written here. Let's see who's there?"

The list was like a champion's league draw; the great merchants, the high-ranking commanders of the Parthenian army, the local artisans all came together. The rebels, who thought of using some of the local blacksmiths, seemed to be successful in this regard since the entrance and exit of weapons were prohibited from the customs gates.

'Kubey, immediately send some of your subordinates to the three noble families and chief Alyon; we will meet secretly tonight. I am waiting for everyone at the Augustus gladiator school!"

Nafız thought that every household was being watched. Therefore, she chose a currently inactive place and asked for a disguise to come.

Everyone would strictly follow the instructions given. Orcs and noble family members came to the desired place without anyone, using various tricks.

"Nafız, what's on your mind? I hope it's not one of your bad jokes!"

Whatever Alyon had thought when he first got the news, he still agreed. According to him, what had happened must have been the product of his friend's strange sense of fun?

"This time, it's severe! There is a rebel's structure in the city, and its roots are stretched out in many places!"

After the words, the gaze of those present became severe. When Kubey pointed to transferring the information from the interrogation, their expressions would become even uglier. Although there was no danger to the Orcs, they would surely lose a trading city once they left this place.

"What are we going to do, Nafız? The situation is a double-edged sword!"

This situation was new for both parties. Neither the orcs nor the humans had any ideas. The Blood God watched movies in her previous life, and the books she read would come into play.

"We will begin by evacuating the orcs from the city!"

What did that mean? Although people could not speak of their fear, Alyon was not willing to give up the city in his hands.

"As we get out of here, we will lose both the city and our allies. How could you even think of such a thing?"

After the chief's harsh words, Nafız leaned against the back of her chair and raised one eyebrow.

"I guess I should wait until my student arrives; it's no use talking to you. Since you don't have enough intelligence, you can't even think of listening to the end!"

In front of them was an organization that grasped the city like a tree. With simple methods, it was possible to prune only its branches. If you wanted to uproot it, more sophisticated solutions were needed.

"Ma'am, we would love to hear your thoughts; we still admire the plan we got rid of Astute!"

Nico spoke. He didn't care about the position as he was afraid of losing the city where he was born and lived forever. Even though the orc's ideas seemed frivolous, their results were always successful.

"Okay, if I'm interrupted again, you'll have to put your head together and think!

We have an army of fifty thousand men out there, and I think their camp is under strict surveillance. Here, this will be the most crucial point for us. With the sunrise tomorrow, tunnels will be dug under the tents.

While this job is done, they will continue their everyday lives. We will set up a big arena and hold martial festivities so that no trade caravan can pass near them!"

Those who could not protect themselves would usually stay away from such places, as there was a possibility that orcs could lose control at any moment once they started fighting.

"The small tunnels that have been opened will merge into one big tunnel below and will reach the bunkers of the city. As many orcs as the number of warriors leaving the city will wait here for the day, they will move!"

With the information given by the man whom Kubey tortured, many people could be caught and executed. Still, this method could drive the mole deeper and draw the intense reaction of people unaware of everything.

"What do you think, groom? Can you do this job?"

When Nafız asked her question to Hammer Tooth, who was watching around with bewilderment, she was grinning. The young commander was in shock; had he been able to think of this plan himself, he would not have had to continue the siege in front of the walls all this time.

"Of course! You can count on us! By the five-day anniversary, everything you want will be finished!"

"Three, I'm only giving you three days! This is the time it takes you to prove that the Glacier Zone orcs are not cardboard lions!"

"Yes, Ma'am!"

Hammer Tooth was a quick-tempered type; the blood in his veins would start flowing faster in the face of challenge. He hardly stayed in place; he had to go to work as soon as possible.

"Marcos, you don't have to worry about your life. As long as Kubey is by your side, sooner or later, you will be able to reach your old position!"

Seeing the City Lord uneasy, Nafız spoke for encouragement, and the young man looked up at her.

"I am not going anywhere. No matter how evil the traitors' motives are, they are right in what they say. This position was presented to me on a silver platter. I did nothing to earn it. Now is my time to prove myself; I do not intend to run away from the fight!"

The words of Marcos, the young master of the Cervantes family and the City Lord, put a smile on his father's face.

"When my students come, I want to discuss the details of the plan with them. For now, everyone will continue to do what they were doing before!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who can cure dreams unless not a charlatan?

Vladimir Nabokov

 

 

0