Chapter 96 – Scapegoat
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As his master spoke, the Bookworm, who had mastered the event's details, was diving into the distance as if he was thinking about something. Indeed, it would have taken high risks to solve the case all at once.

"Master, your plan is truly magnificent, but any mishap could endanger the City Lord's life!"

Kubey's talent was a secret even within the tribe. Even if everything was rosy, no one knew that a spy wouldn't appear among them tomorrow.

"We have already taken our measures in that regard, but in the event of a mishap, the danger will be great. Therefore, I want you to escort the members of the three noble families to the Arid Zone tribe. I cannot rely on anyone but you for their comfort!"

The Bookworm froze; His face fell, and his lower lip drooped. When he saw his master's eyes, his intent to protest disappeared, he knew those eyes, and he knew that whatever he did would not be of any use.

"You order; I will coordinate the event by meeting with Eftelya!"

While Nafız was grinning, her student's hand went around his feet.

"Sir, why are you looking at me like that? I am in pursuit of doing the task you gave me in the best way possible!"

"Stop these word games, son! You flirt with the girl; we are not donkeys. We understand what is going on!"

The Bookworm turned red. Although he sensed that their flirty behavior was understood, he didn't know what to do at the moment like this.

'Don't bother! You please the girl, and the rest is up to your master! Will they find better than you? Whoever dares say something to the contrary, let's see what happens!"

Unlike her previous life, she would protect and support those she loved to the end. If all of Parthenia came before her disciple, it was okay for her to cut them all off one by one.

"How is our spy in the main orc tribe? How is the latest news? Did they like that we took their army?"

They knew what was going on in the Main Orc Tribe, thanks to the medicine she fed the most cowardly orc in the delegation to the Arid Zone tribe. Since the spy had to take regular antidotes in order not to die, whenever they wanted him dead, his mission would be over.

"Master, our capture of half of the Glacial Zone army without loss fell like a bombshell in the middle of the tribe. Even though they were only one-tenth of their main battle force, the loss had bothered them a lot!"

Nafız's mind was on the last battle to be fought. As she had guessed, such a fast-breeding race could have had an army of half a million, even with training and battle casualties. They couldn't engage in a pitched battle when their armies were only one-third of that.

"Do they have any plans to attack again?"

"Master, our spy, does not think that a large-scale army will be sent, but these days, the Main Tribe had guests from other continents. Especially those with a black lily tattoo on their necks and mercenaries started running around!"

"Ridiculous dogs! Not Black Lily, even if the whole Hell Realm came, it wouldn't be able to take you away from me. It's their turn to come! They have been relieved for a hundred years; the return of the Blood God will descend upon them like a nightmare!"

Nafız had such a murderous intent that the Bookworm was pushing himself to his limits in order not to fall to the ground in the presence of his master. Whenever the Netherland was mentioned, its master would lose control, burning like a demon emerging from lava pits.

"Since those dogs are over, what about the kid? Have the changes he experienced started to attract the attention of those around him?"

The Bookworm quickly recovered from his panic and rallied himself to answer the question.

"He's about to turn ten years old. His hair is getting darker day by day, and his skin color is a few shades whiter!"

"Well, how is your work on the techniques I sent you going?"

"Master, we rented a large mansion in Nikonia for his family. It has high walls and a large garden. Here he continues his work with the wild creatures we bought. Since it takes care of the unconscious in one hit, we continue to work with the semi-conscious monsters!"

"Very well, I want you to know the admission age limit for the Hell Land sects. Especially, the Holy Blood Sect!"

Nodding his head in the sense of OK, the Bookworm would do whatever he was told, even if he could not resolve his master's interest in this continent. Just like with little Jashua.

"You can leave now, but don't push your luck with her father, you rascal!"

The Blood God, who started the sentence very harshly, tied the end with a prank again. After laughing for a while behind her student, who was running away, she began to think about the troubled days ahead.

While the plans were being made in the mansion, Hammer Tooth was going to his army and explaining the things to his commanders. First, large fighting circles would be set up to prevent the caravans from approaching them.

The real problem was not digging the tunnels; although he was sure that with fifty thousand people, they could do it, he was thinking about how to lose the land without telling anyone.

He thought about the issue for a long time but could not find a solution. Just as he was about to give up and go to his wife's brother, he had an exciting idea.

There was a fighting arena in the city and stands surrounding it for spectators to sit. Why didn't their fighting circles have such a part too? Thanks to the structures built with the soil coming out of the tunnels, they would overcome this problem.

In the evening of the same day, the city guards, who found the bodies of the extortion gang and the unconscious body of their leader, reported the situation to their commander. What a coincidence, this person's name was also on the list of the rebels. The man who had breathed in with the Lord was delighted to have had an opportunity to make a fuss.

"You're Lordship! The Baena family's young master and his bodyguards were attacked in an abandoned house. As you know, this house is one of the noble and well-established families of our city; how should we deal with the matter!"

Marcos frowned as if hearing what had happened for the first time and was stunned. The leader of the guard looked forward to his decision. If he wanted to cover it up, they could provoke the family. There were opportunities to agitate the public to top it off during the search.

"Commander, our city will be a place of peace and security. Do whatever you can to solve the sad event and catch the criminals. If necessary, all the guards will be working non-stop, and you will come to me with a result as soon as possible!"

As the City Lord shouted in anger, the commander shouted with joy from within. Of course, he would use the members who infiltrated the city guards from the organization they founded for this job. What happened had to be heard by the people, and they had to change some places while telling it.

By the time the three solstices had passed, the rebels were getting what they wanted, and rumors were raging among the people.

The traitors among the city guards were telling people in the houses and shops they searched that the orcs were behind the incident and that the Lord could not do anything because he was afraid.

The Baena family did not sit idly by and released the provocateurs they hired over Parthenia. The conversation was none other than the City Lord and the orcs wherever the two gathered.

The cauldron was boiling, and time was running fast. Receiving the news that the tunnels had reached the shelters, Marcos would start evacuating the orcs from the city, pretending to be afraid of the public's reaction.

The rebels gathered every evening and reviewed their plans, seeing the expected time approaching. All preparations for the promised liberation day were accelerated by increasing weapons production in the local blacksmiths.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What he didn't know was that whenever someone got up and bragged about their happiness or virtue, there was always a flea behind it.

Hermann Hesse

 

0