Chapter 97 – The Show Begins
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the secret cellar entered from the kitchen of a cute restaurant, the ringleaders of the rebels were holding a pleasant meeting. Ten days had passed since the young master of the Baena family was attacked, and the number of orcs in the city was now almost non-existent.

The most surprising news was that the three noble families dismissed the orcs guarding their mansions and replaced them with no one. What luck was that one of her main targets was left completely defenseless?

While the anti-orc campaign was raging in the city, City Lord Marcos' announcement that he would address the people after two solstices gave the traitors the date of the expected time. Only a few people remained with the young man, but they had many supporters in the city guard.

While all this was happening, the orcs were not sitting idle either. Some of the warriors who had come to the camp outside the city were leaving, while others returned through the tunnels. Not all of the orcs who hid in the bunkers were those who had come out of the town, but among them were the soldiers of the Hammer Tooth, who had been besieging for months and dug tunnels day and night.

"The pillars of my army, my hero captains, the day we have been waiting for, just like the miserable people, has come. If they have plans, we have unbending wrists, unbreakable weapons!"

Alyon was very harsh when he spoke, like a child thinking that I should wear my festive clothes in the morning. His eyes were shining as he looked at his subordinates, but he turned to Nafız next to him to continue.

"Our purge operation will begin in two days, gentlemen. Listen to me carefully; I will tell you all your duties!"

When their commander spoke, they all began to listen attentively.

"You know, members of noble families are hosted in our tribe in the Arid Zone. The rebels, who think they are still living in their mansions, will target them! One of you will wait for those who come in the mansions. I guess you will welcome them as needed!"

The commanders smiled; there was no need to restrain themselves this time. They would prune what their eyes saw, but the question was who would stay in which mansion.

"House Cervantes will have Brutal Wall. House Augustus will have Sangre, and House Partheni will have Chief Alyon!"

Along with the last name being spoken, the listeners' excited facial expressions gave way to bewilderment. Nafız smiled and continued to talk to answer the question in mind.

"We aim to unite the Orc Steppes, and when that happens, Alyon's descendant will be the one who will rule the continent. Your chief must be out of sight so that what happens in the city after two solstices doesn't leave a mark on the days to come!

Kuyag, you will continue to observe. I want you to be in the crowd while Marcos addresses the public!"

When Nafız clarified the subject, everyone's minds became evident since all the blame would fall on her; it was the most logical for the events to continue like this.

"I, Rebel Heart, and Kubey will stand by the Lord's bodyguards. In particular, I wonder what our new captain will do when it comes time to come of age!"

After the words that the Blood God had completed by turning to him, there was not the slightest uneasiness in the Rebel Heart's gaze. He was also looking forward to this day to show that he was no longer the timid man.

"Let them enjoy their last two days, talk freely about orcs, let's see what they can do after I say my last word!"

The orc council disbanded, and as night fell, but chosen ones began to wait. The hammerhead was returning to his army, and his orders were different. In case of any setback, he would enter the city with his army and kill until no one could breathe.

The sun sent its lights over Parthenia to illuminate the day of the liberation of the rebels. As the people slowly gathered in the town square, the rebels put on long items to hide their weapons. When Marcos came to the stage set in front of the monument he had built for the radical changes, he was waiting behind his three bodyguards, all dressed in black and whose faces were not even visible.

This time, everything was different; as the City Lord spoke, the members of the three noble families were not around to listen to him. Above the stage were only the top ranks of the city guards, and all of them coincidentally with the rebel traitors.

While these were happening in the square, hundreds of people besieged the three noble families' mansions. These people were members of smaller families, and they burned with dreams of the riches they would find inside. All eyes were on the signal to be given; after that, they would have the right to do looting, rape, murder, all of them.

"My dear compatriots of Parthenia! Dark clouds are hovering over our city, and I understand you are in a state of unrest. I am as sorry as you are for what happened to the young master of the Baena family, and all my guards are looking for the criminals day and night!"

"The criminals have already fled the city. You helped them out with your own hands!"

Marcos had begun his speech when, as soon as he had finished his first words, the provocateurs in the crowd went to work.

"Please do not believe these rumors. It was a process for the Orcs to be here; after getting their help in the city's defense, they left when the time came!"

The crowd was grumbling; these words were not enough to satisfy them. The seeds of discord that had been planted in them were about to burst.

"Stop these lies; who do you think you're deceiving? Everyone knows who brought you there, thanks to that murderous female orc!"

Even though no one could see it, Nafız's mouth reached her ears after the words. As expected, the atmosphere was getting tense moment by moment.

"Under Lord Astute, you were all treated as worthless beings. Do you ever notice the changes in your life? Have none of you seen our city flourish since I became a lord?"

Marcos spoke sternly. How could they be able to believe the words of those who used to oppress them while spending their day and night for the good of the people?

"Don't tell us tales, kiddo; everyone knows how you sold the city to the orcs. Creatures that we would not have licked our feet yesterday are walking around our streets today!"

The crowd, whose mood had changed after what the City Lord had said, was being manipulated again by the men hired by the traitors.

"My commanders, how can you sit so comfortably after what your Lord has been told? Quickly catch these disruptors!"

The young Lord turned to the soldiers under his command, but his request did not seem to have been taken seriously. The commander of the city guards, who remained undisturbed in their seats, stared blankly at him until their leader stood up.

"Our Lord? What do you think you are? We had a lord, and you ambushed and killed him in the arena with the orcs!"

Movements began among the assembled people, and the rebels, who had infiltrated the guards, were also taking action.

These people tricked other commanders who were not on their side under the pretext of meeting and locked them in a dungeon. They didn't kill them because they had a better idea. They would execute them all in this square when it was all over.

"Commander, know your place! Have you forgotten the punishment for disobedience?"

The leader of the city guard responded with laughter at the threat posed.

"How could I not know, puppet Lord? If you can't believe it, you'll soon find out when I practice it on you."

"The day is today; attack, my lions!"

When the commander of the rebel traitors gave his order, a bomb was fired in the heart of the city. There was no turning back; the struggle would not end unless either side were destroyed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An American monkey would never touch that bottle again after drunk on brandy. We can say that he is much more intelligent than most people in this respect.

Charles Robert Darwin

0