Chapter 98 – Marauders
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Simultaneously with the attack, black warning flares were fired into the air, which those around the mansions expected. After breaking through the uninhabited entrance doors, they quickly ran towards the main buildings.

"Rebel Heart, let's see your move!"

Nafız and her two warriors were positioned around Marcos, preparing to greet people coming from directions. This was not the Blood God's original plan, but she had to change a few things due to Rebel Heart from the holy land.

''Yes, ma'am!''

Swinging his cloak, the captain shouted, interlocking the long bracelets on his arms. Two breaths later, the four people in the middle of the stage surrounded a transparent green barrier. This was the characteristic of Rebel Heart's equipment from the reward dungeon.

The people who designed these dungeons had no sense of humor, Nafız thought. They had given the most clichéd gift that could be given to a person who protects and watches over the orcs around him.

The commander of the city guard was the first to reach the barrier. He intended to test with all his might what had suddenly appeared. He struck three strikes in succession, each one harder than the other, but the surface of the shield didn't even ripple. At the same time, Kubey immediately thought of pulling the man next to her one step; Nafız was carefully observing her movements.

Unfortunately, the shield was not absorbent on both sides, and remembering Astute's shield and the Blood God was disappointed.

"Ma'am, maybe we can't attack from the inside, but as long as the energy I have stored inside is not exhausted, they cannot reach us from the outside in any way!"

Rebel Heartfelt a little flawed when he saw the expression on his commander's face, so he felt the need to make a quick and brief explanation.

"I think we can tell from those glowing green stones how much time we have left, right? The enemy can see it too; why don't you cover it up!"

This time it was Kubey who spoke. This bothered her, as she was an orc who always prioritized secrecy.

"Do you think I'm wearing sleeveless armor just for fun? Whenever I use the equipment, the sleeves of my dress are shattered!"

The Rebel Heart, who hesitated to answer the Blood God, did not hold back against someone lower in rank; ordinary leather armors could not withstand the released energy.

"Well, kid, it's your time to talk now. Come on, my lion, shout!"

While the square was in chaos, the rebels in the crowd had drawn their weapons and attacked the guard area on the stage. The cursing, the insults, were too many to count.

"Is this how you thank me for rescuing you from racketeers, moneylenders, ruthless merchants? I understand you have no strength; the fears of the past stifle your heart and tie your hands, but do you have to stand here and watch them kill me?"

Marcos was shouting as loud as he could get. He coughed as if his lungs were going to be ripped out at the end of his words, then took a deep breath and continued.

"At least make your side clear. Those who disagree with the injustice done should return to their homes as soon as possible!"

The crowd started booing in unison, and the City Lord, who had been blocked from speaking, had no strength to say anything else anyway. He had done the best he could as a manager, risking his life.

"Ma'am, what are we going to do now?"

Kubey spoke, looking at the other female orc among the four.

"We will wait for the signal to be given. When the three firecrackers shine in the sky, the stage will be ours!"

Nafız was as comfortable as a person watching TV in the living room of her house, waving to those who attacked the green shield around them. As the rebels attacked, Rebel Heart said was right literally; even the loading of thousands of people was not enough to enter the protection area.

Of the three noble families' mansions, the House Cervantes had the fewest people. Even though their young master was the city lord, they might have moved their wealth to the castle. The City Lord's palace, on the other hand, had great gates and protection enchantments; it was challenging to enter without Marcos dying.

"Run, of course; they had to leave something at home. If we don't find anything, we'll cut that ponytail, dude, and get a chance to play with the servants!"

As the person advancing in front of the group shouted, he reached for his pure silver arm to open the door to the main hall. For some reason, only one side of the double-wing door had been opened, and here, a giant shield was blocking their way.

''Who are you? Get out of our way, or we'll tear you apart!

They were sure there were no guards inside the mansion. After the orc warriors left long ago, no one had entered.

"I am the Brutal Wall from the orc tribe under Chief Alyon. It took you too long to arrive. What happened, or did your feet tremble with fear halfway through?"

The looters' faces turned pale. Were there orcs hiding in the mansion? The group of members of small families could not be matched with well-trained warriors; for a short time, they looked at each other, absolute silence prevailed.

"As mentioned, you are a bunch of losers. Don't worry, it's just me, and even if all of Parthenia comes, it won't move me!"

Slamming his shield on the ground, the orc warrior smashed through the flawless marble floor. After hearing that, the rebels' gaze changed. What could only one person do against themselves, who were at least a hundred?

While they were attacking with their weapons, they were trying to push the shield, which acted as a barricade, by leaning on their shoulders.

While this was happening in House Cervantes, Alyon was cheerful in the most exciting place. Even the presence of the beautiful Eftelya had caused House Partheni to be overflowing with vagrants.

Men of the tiny houses, who might want to take the place of the three noble houses, were everywhere. Alyon waited calmly, and when the last person entered, he picked up the hammer he hadn't used in a long time. Every time he saw this weapon, he was filled with grief, longing for the weapon his master had won from his master's reward dungeon, which was now so far away from him.

"Now that everyone has arrived, we can start our game. If you are ready, I will take the priority as the host!"

Alyon's voice was as unusual as his body, his words reaching the ears and causing an involuntary tremor in those who heard it.

It was necessary to take risks to gain wealth, but the most unfortunate of the plunderers who set out on this path were those who chose House Augustus as their target. The orcs positioned at the other two spots were no match for the orc might that awaited them.

Watching the people breaking through the garden gate of House Augustus from above a tree, Sangre waited, his longbow drawn. His mind was on his master, in the heart of the city, surrounded by thousands of rebels; he aimed to go to her after he finished his work here quickly.

He couldn't have fantasies about having fun, killing slowly; he just gave priority to speed. Close to the loss of patience, the mansion's door was also broken, and the crowd began to pour in like the water of a collapsed dam.

"Marcos, I'm going to ask you a question. Who do you think this shield protects? Is it us who seem to be trapped, or those idiots who keep on attacking unconsciously?"

The City Lord knew perfectly well the answer to Nafız's question, as did everyone else with him. The orcs didn't even need to plan; all they had to do was scorch and smash like they used to.

"Commander Nafız, I cannot thank you enough. I promise that as long as I am alive, the City of Parthenia will be your tribe's greatest ally and supporter!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry, son. Maybe it's the ones you think you've lost, the ones you got rid of.

CHARLES BUKOWSKI

 

0