Chapter 33
205 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Id

 

Volume 1

The People of Count Klein 33

Coming out to a quiet alley, the group felt curious as they looked out towards the streets of downtown. Where did all the people go. Id asked in a rude manner.

"Illan, is it time for that magic competition that you were talking about? I feel like everyone headed towards that area. What if we lose all the good spots….."

In all honesty, the reason why so much time had passed was because Id was too busy buying items. Although the group knew this, they soon shot arrows towards Illan as Id began to criticize him. The reason being was because Illan was still their guide within this city, so the blame ended up falling upon him. However, Illan still appeared to be calm.

"You don't need to worry. We still have a bit of time left. And, the first-class seats are almost always empty, so we can take our time heading there."

Hael could not keep her mouth closed as she kept touching her new magic sword, and as Grey stared at her with envy, he decided to ask a question.

"Illan, but where is the event hall? Do you even know where it is?"

It was obvious that these words work spoken in such a way that Grey wanted to release his anger towards Illan. And, seeing him act this way, Illan continued to be calm.

"Of course I know. It's going to be in front of the 2 magic schools."

Illan led the group from the front.

Id kept staring back and forth between Lamia on his waist, and the new sword that he had recently purchased. He really liked the new sword, but the length was a bit too long and it was uncomfortable to be carrying within his hands. A tug of war continued in his mind, as he couldn't decide on what to do. It was too uncomfortable to carry around, but it was too wasteful to give to Grey. It didn't seem like Id's conflicts would end soon.

Without being able to decide, Id soon arrived at the convention hall. Surprisingly, the convention hall was placed right in between the 2 magic schools, which left a very peculiar feeling. With the passage of carriages being completely closed, the streets were packed with people, and there were even some who were high up within the magic school, staring through a telescope.

 

And, although the convention hall was filled with people, just as Illan had said, the front row seats were still empty. There was a reason for this, but excluding Illan, nobody knew the reason why.

The reason was simple. The magic competition usually had their own shield magic placed on it. However, because it was a competition of magic, there were occasions where the magic would shoot through the shield. When that happens, the most dangerous spot to be at was the front. If one wasn't another mage or a swordmaster, it would be very difficult for them to sit in such a spot. Not knowing this fact, the group figured that the seats were left open for Illan, and were happy to be sitting in such a great spot.

Several people filled the spots next to group, and amongst the people who had sat down, there was an old man that looked to be a mage. Around the vicinity of the mage, there was a middle-aged swordsman with clean clothes on and another middle-aged swordsman with a sword to his waist. There was also a young knight with that group. Different from how loud Grey's group was, this group seemed calm and serious. Illan and Id were the only ones to notice that these new people were people of high class.

When the solemn group had sat down, a person walked up onto the platform. He was wearing a white robe, and was also carrying a matching white rod.

The old man looked around, then brought the rod close to his face and opened his mouth. The sound that came out was unbelievable, as it began to get louder and louder.

"Hmm, I welcome everyone here who have come to join us at this convention hall. My name is Grinsilt, and I am the principle of the school in Calvin. I won't say any long words, and just get straight to the point of starting the competition. And, just like it has been every year, the winner of this competition will get 1-year exemption from school tuition, and will also be able to win this silver dust rod as their trophy. Furthermore, the second-place winner will also be able to win a 1-year exemption from school tuition. If a person from outside of our school wins, a mage will be able to get this silver dust rod, while a swordsman will be able to win a magic sword that was created by our school. Furthermore, since this is a competition of testing one's skills, killing is forbidden. Please keep this in mind, as you show us your most spectacular magic abilities."

As the speech finished, a loud round of applause could be heard. Once the principal walked off the platform, the competition began without a hitch. It seemed like all the splendid spectacles were shown the day before.

Another mage walked up after the principal and placed the same rod the principal was using towards his face. He then proceeded to introduce the contestants.

"Now, I will introduce you all to the first 2 contestants of the day. The first is a 4th grader in college by the name of Ruin, and the other is a 5th grader named Crane. Can you 2 please step up to the platform, so that we may begin this match."

2 young men soon walked up onto the platform, and lightly greeted each other. 4th grader Ruin, and 5th grader Crane. They both walked backwards putting distance between themselves, but they seemed to know each other. They quickly got into a fighting stance without investigating each other out first. The golden-haired Ruin started.

"Here I go, senior. Fire Rain."

Small little flames, the size of raindrops, fell upon the enemy's head.

Chapter 33 Completed.

0