Chapter 2
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Throw that bitch out!” the elderly man who spoke loudly with seven women behind him, was the former Kuramoto clan head, Ryushi.

The person he was directing those words to was the new clan head and his son, Tanosuke.

“I will not.”

“How can you say such a thing after what she has done? Are you so blinded that you can’t see the truth before your very eyes? That bitch had an affair… The proof is right in that room.”

The room he was pointing to was the room of my mother. In there she and her newborn baby waited for their fate.

It had been a week since my birth and the other seven wives wasted no time in spreading the word that as was a Haffu with a sky kink.

My mother could only stare at me with a blank expression. She still hasn’t held me. My care is being handled by a midwife they had hired.

If it wasn’t for her, I may have starved to death by now.

The door of the room slid open as Tanosuke entered. Looks like he managed to chase the other away.

“Leave us.” He firmly uttered to the midwife. She placed me back into the crib before leaving the room. Oi… I was still drinking over here

Despite her weak state. Narumi still managed to do a dogeza in front of him.

“I swear. I didn’t cheat on you.” She pleaded

Tanosuke sighed before helping her back to her bed.

“I know you didn’t Narumi, but we have to face facts. Your child was born with a sky kink, can you think of any way such a thing could happen apart from you cheating.”

“But… but…”

“Narumi… You and that child can’t stay here.”

“Eh… Are you chasing me out?”

“No… But as long as that child is with you,  staying here is impossible.”

“You want me to abandon him?”

“It is the only way”

“I will do it.”

Oi… wasn’t that way too quick? Think about it a bit more.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes… I”

It was at that time that a large explosion was heard outside.

***

“You crazy old bat… How dare you walk in here like you own the place?”

“Humph… who would want to own this excuse for a clan house?”

“What did you say?”

“You heard my old-timer.”

“Who are you calling old you, wrinkled old bat.”

“Humph… Move aside… You couldn’t beat me before and you can’t beat me now. Where is my daughter?”

“If you came for that whore, you can get her and leave.”

“Hahaha… Looks like you have no desire to die of old age. Allow me to send you to the afterlife.” She uttered before summoning winds round her body.

The sky kink was considered the weakest kink, however, only a fool would challenge my grandmother.

Her nickname was storm raider.

She would take on strong fire and earth kink users, only to treat them like children. Ryushi was one of her many victims.

“Enough!”

“Ho… The young leader shows his face.”

Staring down my grandmother was Tanosuke.

“Let us talk inside.”

“Humph…”

***

“Is that the boy?”

A simple nod from Tanosuke confirmed her suspicions.

“When I heard the rumors about his birth kink, I got worried and rushed over. What will you do with him?”

They both remain quiet and didn’t answer her question.

“I knew allowing her to marry you was a big mistake.”

“Mother, it is not his fault…”

“Silence you stupid girl… Those vultures he calls his wives have been treating you badly, haven’t they.”

“…”

“And where were you when they did that, Mr. I will protect you daughter? No wonder she cheated on you.”

“I never cheated on him.”

“Is that so? Then this child will be raised here?”

“That is… umm…”

“Narumi… Divorce Tanosuke and come live with me.”

“I can’t do that… I won’t”

“Then you will abandon your child? I didn’t raise you to be such a woman.”

“I am sorry but I can’t…”

“Listen here… If you can’t raise the child then I will, but from that point onwards you and I will no longer be mother and daughter.”

“…”

“I am waiting for your answer?”

“Take him” she uttered

Grandma Okimi sighed before speaking, “Fools… This place is filled with fools and you are one of them now. I will take the boy then. Have you given him a name?”

“No.”

“Will you name him?”

“No.”

“Humph… Never involve yourself in his life Narumi.”

With those words, my grandmother carried me out of the Kuramoto clan’s household.

Had it not been for her, I shatter to think what my life would be.  She was probably expecting her first grandchild to be some fire kink user, but instead, she got a sky Haffu.

Nonetheless, she still picked me up.

“Now what will I call you? Hmm… How about my husband’s late name? You do look like a Kenichi to me.”

At that time I made a sound and she took it as my approval

“Kenichi it is. Let’s head to my home.”

The name Kenichi is a boy's name meaning "wise one" However the character isn't wise but rather just goes with the flow and pushes through with luck, faith and determination.

Announcement
New chapters released every Sunday or Monday, when available.
0