chapter 6
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wow… This is amazing…”

Those were the first words Kenichi uttered when we entered the classroom. There was nothing special about the classroom. It was just like any other classroom you could find anywhere.

'Is this really the grandson of someone as amazing as Okimi-sama?'

“Stop acting like a country bumpkin and let’s head towards our seats.” I reprimanded him.

“You don’t have to be mean about it… Hey, why are we headed up?”

“The lower sits are reserved for those of high rank or status.”

“Rank? Status?”

“You kidding me… You didn’t check your rank?”

“My rank?”

I sighed… Just how hopeless was this guy.

“Take out your school card… The front shows your name, year, and kink, while in the back it shows your rank and achievements.”

“Achievements?”

“The school dimensional doors… You know about them, right?”

“Yes… I have totally heard of them.”

His acting is pathetic at best…

'Dimensional doorways allow students to travel to far off guilds where they can accept quests and earn achievements to raise their rank within the school.”

“Really?”

“Yes… Now then, what rank are you?”

“Eh? Umm… I am 3000… Not bad huh?”

“Are you kidding me? There are 3000 students at this school.”

“What?”

“Each of the three years has 1000 students enrolled. If your rank is 3000, then you are at the bottom of the food chain.”

“No way… What will I do? It will look bad when I win the dragon faith tournament with such a bad ranking.” He said in a panic, which suggested he was serious about this.

Win the dragon faith tournament? Are you kidding me? There is absolutely no way he could win that thing.

I sighed before informing him of the facts.

“Kenichi… Only the top 500 can take part in the dragon faith tournament.”

“Eh?”

“As it stands you will not be able to participate at the end of the year.”

***

This is bad… I can't even concentrate on the classes. Suki just dropped some big information on my table.

Not only was I bottom of the school rankings but it meant that I couldn’t participate in the dragon faith tournament.

At first, I thought that it was not a problem. All I need to do is raise my ranking by accepting guild quest but according to Suki, that is not something that can be achieved easily.

If I focus on taking quests and flank on my exams I will most likely be kicked out. I needed to find a way to keep my academics up while doing a quest.

“Oi… Pay attention… I don’t want to be known for being with an idiot.”

“Sorry…” I replied when an idea hit me.

It was evening and I was cooking up a storm. This was a dish that even made my grandmother praise.

“What is that smell?” Suki uttered as exited her room.

“A special dish that my grandmother loved…”

“Really… A dish that Okimi-sama loved?”

“Yep… Want to have a bite.”

“Of course I do, but…” She said before taking a long pause.

“What is the catch?”

“Catch?”

“You want something from me? Don’t you?”

“Well…”

“I knew it…” she said before turning her back towards me. I quickly jumped and did a kowtow.

“Please tutor me…” I pleaded

“Eh?” she replied with a surprised look. “That is all that you want?”

“Yes. I can afford to fail my tests but if I don’t do quests then I won’t be able to take part in the dragon faith tournament. Please, help me.”

She did answer and just stood there for a moment before speaking.

“Alright… But I have a few conditions.”

“Sure, anything.”

“From now on, you are in charge of cooking.”

“Eh?” Now that I think about it, I have never seen her cook before. “Can’t you cook?”

She diverted her eyes when I asked her that.

“Do you want my help or not?” she yelled

“Sorry… Sure… I will cook from now on.”

“Good… And I want your help in getting some materials.”

“Materials?”

“I have no desire to go on quests, however, there are some materials that just can’t be bought by me. When the time comes, I will need you to help me gather the materials.”

“You mean… Me and you… on a quest together?”

“You don’t have to put it that way dummy…”

“Eh? What way?”

“Never mind. Do you agree to my terms, yes or no?”

“Yes,” I replied immediately

“Good…” she said with a smile. She really looks cute.

‘Go and make yourself a harem to repopulate our clan’ 

I shook my head when I remembered grandmother’s words in my head.

“What are you doing?” Suki asked me with a puzzled look

“Nothing… I just remembered something… That’s all.”

“You are weird…” she replied.

0