19. What A Joke
222 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Ao Kuai was watching as Nan Hua walked away while drinking the tea. He held the cup of tea in front of him before he uttered slowly, “Little Hua, please use different method to ask for someone’s name next time.”

That sentence stopped Nan Hua from walking forward. She blinked her eyes. “Did I say anything wrong, Cousin Feng Ao Kuai?”

“You didn’t.” Feng Ao Kuai smiled bitterly. “But it might not be appropriate.”

“I understand.”

Nan Hua curtsied lightly before walking away. Her brain was still thinking and adapting to the situation. She didn’t really think that there was anything wrong with what she said but if Feng Ao Kuai told her that she had to use different phrase, then she would search for one.

Su Ai Yuan brought her to the other few girls there.

“Sister Nan Hua, we’re all going to play a game of tag. You see, there’ll be one person who will have her eyes folded and then she’ll search for the others through our voices calling her.” Su Ai Yuan simplified the explanation.

Tag?

Nan Hua blinked her eyes. “How do you decide?”

“We’ll decide with rock, paper, and scissor!” Su Ai Yuan smiled.

“Ready?” Another child asked in childish voice.

There were a total of five girls including Nan Hua there. She didn’t know the others’ name and didn’t have any intention to ask until they introduced themselves. After all, her cousin brother’s reminder had only passed for several seconds.

“Rock, paper, scissor!”

The other children all had rock on their hand while Nan Hua had paper. She arched her eyebrows as she felt that children who were trying to be scheming were actually still very naïve.

They didn’t seem to realize that their tricks were nothing in front of adults.

Wait, can she even categorize herself as an adult? She had clearly grown younger by around 8 to 9 years…

“Then, Sister Nan Hua will be the one to catch us!” Su Ai Yuan said with smile. “Do you understand the game, Sister Nan Hua? If not, I’ll repeat the instruction again.”

“It’s ok.”

“I’ll ask the servant to prepare the blindfold.”

Nan Hua watched as Su Ai Yuan rushed to find Long Xu Nian before looking for servants. She shook her head internally because she could see that this Su Ai Yuan was a lackey that Long Xu Nian found to deal with her.

Just how much did Long Xu Nian hate her?

Oh well, she didn’t mind playing along for a while. After all, watching her own brother being suppressed by the experienced Feng Ao Si was not really fun.

“Sister Nan Hua, this is the blindfold.”

The so called blindfold was actually just a long cloth that was mostly used as shawl. It was light pink in color and from a distance away, it was clear that the material was very soft. Only nobles were allowed to use such material.

“Thank you.”

“It’s nothing much!” Su Ai Yuan grinned and beckoned for the servant to hand the long cloth.

Nan Hua walked forward and took the cloth. When she was near the servant, her nose caught whiff of medicine smell and her eyes noticed that the servant’s hands were trembling. There were traces of discoloration at the nails of the servant.

It was the obvious mark of poisoning.

And this long cloth… was obviously also using some herbs.

She sneered internally. To think that Long Xu Nian would play her card so blatantly like that and tried to poison her in front of so many people. Did Long Xu Nian think that she was stupid?

Using poison against a secret agent who also learned how to use poison…

What a joke.

 

History Corner:

Rock, paper, and scissor might sound like a modern game, but it had existed ever since Han Dynasty. A historian writer from Ming Dynasty Xie Zhaozhi mentioned in the book that the game dated back to the time since 206 BC to 220 AD, the time of Han Dynasty. In the book, the game was called shoushiling and there were actually several other names that’s associated with this game but it’s noted in different book.

More information can be searched on your own.

11