27. The Result
212 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Ao Kuai drank the tea silently with his mother. There was not even any trace of impatience in his eyes as he sat down while listening to what Nan Si Qiao talked with other madams near them.

“Ah Kuai, are you bored?” Nan Si Qiao asked her son.

“No, I’m not bored, Mother.” Feng Ao Kuai glanced up before lowering his head and sipped the tea in his hand again.

Facing her unpredictable son, Nan Si Qiao could only sigh. In any other matter aside from military, Feng Ao Kuai always acted like an obedient son. She didn’t even know what was inside his mind at times like this.

“Madam Feng, what do you think about….”

Nan Hua was also silent as she listened to their conversation. Most of them only talked about some things that happened in the capital city and also some household gossips. It didn’t take long for the conversation to turn into gossips about whose children is the most talented.

Feng Ao Kuai noticed that Nan Hua was also silent. Not only that, she was sipping the tea at a pace much slower than him. He looked at his tea that was almost run out… at this pace, he might need to head to the restroom faster.

Thankfully, the party didn’t last that long.

Old Madam Long didn’t really want to entertain the guests for a long period of time. Her aged body couldn’t withstand it.

Thus, the party was quite short.

“Hua’er, if you have time in the future, come here again to accompany Grandmother, alright?” Old Madam Long patted Nan Hua’s small hand.

Nan Hua looked at Old Madam Long and nodded her head faintly.

“You don’t have to worry about the problem today. I’ll deal with everything well so that you won’t be aggrieved anymore.” Old Madam Long’s eyes glinted slightly when she said.

“Yes, Grandmother,” Nan Hua replied obediently.

“Good girl.” Old Madam Long smiled and patted Nan Hua’s head. After that, she went back to talk with the other ladies to bid farewell.

Some of the other children were still dissatisfied as they were still in the middle of playing together.

“Let’s spar again in the academy,” Nan Luo suggested while raising his mud stained fist. It was unknown how many time he was thrown to the ground because of his carelessness. “I will defeat you at that time.”

“Brat, you should focus on getting taller first.”

“I’ll grow tall for sure!” Nan Luo shouted in annoyance. As an eight years old boy, he was even shorter than his sister, not to mention these teenagers. They were at least a head taller than him.

“Sure, sure.”

“Let’s spar again~.”

The boys were more lively as many of them there were from military family. Those from military family usually talked more with their fist rather than with their brain. While it might not be ideal, they were in the middle of war, so military has been prioritized for the last few years.

Or to be exact, the last few decades.

“Hua’er, let’s return.” Nan Luo had just finished bidding his farewell when he noticed that Nan Hua was staring at one direction. He looked over but didn’t see anyone there.

“Mhm.” Nan Hua nodded then obediently followed her brother to the carriage.

 

After the guest had returned, Old Madam Long called Long Xu Nian and Long Qian Xing. Because the two of them were still categorized as brats, she allowed them to stay at the children area.

Who would have thought that her granddaughter was still so dissatisfied with Nan Hua?

“Bring that over.” Old Madam Long waved her hand.

Long Xu Nian’s heart jumped when she saw the long cloth from the servants. She had already instructed them to throw it away after seeing Nan Hua rejected the cloth. Why is it here now?

“Long Xu Nian, do you know what this is?” Old Madam Long looked at her granddaughter with clear disappointment in her eyes. She thought that after the warning from before, her granddaughter would stop doing these petty tricks.

Who would have thought that she ended up doing it again, and this time, it was even worse than before?

“Grandmother, I didn’t….”

“Silence! Do you think I’m already too old to be able to see things clearly? Is that why you dare to attempt to poison someone in front of my eyes?”

“I…”

Long Xu Nian’s heart turned cold as Old Madam Long continued to berate her. She felt that her trick shouldn’t have been known by anyone. How come this cloth was here and why?

While Long Xu Nian was utterly confused, Long Qian Xing was standing by the side, watching everything. He was calm and composed as if everything that occurred had nothing to do with him.

10