41. Going Out to Play
203 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Nan Hua was preparing herself to leave. One way or another, Nan Luo managed to finish the hellish assignment given to him. He was tired but when he thought of them going out, Nan Luo would be jumping in excitement.

“Miss, please don’t go too far,” Xiao Yun reminded carefully.

Nan Hua nodded. For their trip this time, Old Master Nan had instructed for three people to follow them, which were Xiao Yun, Nan Luo’s personal manservant, and Hou Liang. It was mostly for their protection that they had to bring these people.

Not to mention, there were several shadow guards protecting them in secret.

“Hua’er, are you ready?” Nan Luo asked while waving his hand. He was wearing thick robes since the temperature had started to cool down. It would do them no good if they fall sick when they were outside.

Nan Hua nodded.

“Let’s go!”

Nan Luo grabbed Nan Hua’s hand and the two of them walked out of the residences. Since the market they wanted to go was not far from their residence, they chose not to take the carriages and walked there. It would be good for their body if they had some exercise too.

The two children walked and looked around.

It was Nan Hua’s first time coming out aside from the time when they were going to Old Madam Long’s birthday party. After all, children didn’t normally have to go out and most of them would spend their time in their residences.

Only some of them would occasionally go out and most of them were the boys.

The architecture was quite different from the modern world. Nan Hua had already noticed it before but most of the buildings here were large residences. Well, it might be because they were in the areas for rich people.

It didn’t take long for them to enter the market.

“This is the market. If you see something you want, tell me! Grandpa give me a lot of allowance for today.” Nan Luo grinned. He had some savings since he didn’t usually use his money. Added with the fact that their grandfather gave them several taels of silver, it would not be an exaggeration to say that they could buy a lot.

Nan Hua nodded. “You too, Luo.”

“Hmm, let’s head to accessory shop.”

Accessory?

Nan Hua’s eyes landed on Nan Luo’s hairpin as she thought about it. There were hairpins for both men and women, should she buy one for Nan Luo? It should be a good present for him.

The two of them arrived at the accessory shop not long afterwards. There were several shops and the two of them simply picked one that was near.

“Welcome.” The shopkeeper smiled when he saw them. Even though the two of them didn’t dress up extravagantly, it was clear that their clothes were made out of fine material. Ordinary people wouldn’t be able to wear it. He could guess that these two were esteemed guests.

Nan Luo nodded. His eyes wandered around the shop. “Hua’er, is there anything you want to buy?”

“Can I take a look at hairpins? If possible, make sure it’s light.” The two of them were still children and rather than buying expensive ones, it would be better to buy the useful ones.

The shopkeeper’s eyes lit up. “Sure. There are several good hairpins. Which one do you like, Miss?”

As he talked, the shopkeeper brought them a box. The box was filled with hairpins of various sizes and design. They were also coated in either gold or silver color but if one to pick it up, they would notice that it was not pure silver nor gold.

The weight didn’t match.

Nan Hua looked at the hairpins then shook her head. “I’m looking for boy’s hairpin.”

Boys?

Nan Luo’s eyes sparkled with excitement as he could guess that Nan Hua wanted to pick hairpins for him. Before the shopkeeper could move, he stopped him. “Is there any matched hairpins for siblings?”

The shopkeeper nodded. “There are some, Young Master. Let me bring them.”

Nan Hua looked at Nan Luo with arched eyebrows but the latter merely grinned. It was clear that he wanted to buy her a hairpin too.

Matched hairpins, huh?

As long as the meaning was not love, it wouldn’t be mistaken by others, so it was fine.

8