44. Meeting Enemies on Narrow Road (3)
187 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thorny flower?

Long Xu Nian could see that Nan Hua was mocking her for being a troublemaker. She gritted her teeth and looked at the quiet girl in front of her. Unlike her quiet appearance, when she opened her mouth, the words she said could be quite deadly.

It was annoying.

Long Xu Nian scoffed and turned around. “What would a child understand when all you could do is to wait for adult’s decision.”

The marriage was arranged by the Emperor, so no matter what the two parties thought, they couldn’t do anything about it. The Emperor would never want to retract back his words because it would be the same as slapping his own face.

Thus, the marriage was basically set in stone.

No matter how much Long Xu Nian hated Nan Hua, she would eventually get married to Long Qian Xing. Besides, Long Xu Nian would leave Long Family soon enough to be married away to a noble.

Nan Hua arched her eyebrows and stepped forward. “The smell of herbs is quite strong over here. Don’t you think that even the strongest person will be affected if they stayed close all the time.”

The words startled Long Xu Nian so much that she turned around.

“You…”

Without waiting for Long Xu Nian to finish her words, Nan Hua tugged her twin brother’s sleeve. “Luo, let’s go and eat.”

“Yes, I’m famished too.”

Long Xu Nian wanted to chase after them but Hou Liang stood between them. As a soldier from the frontline, it was not an exaggeration to say that he was filled with bloodlust. Ordinary people who saw him would fear him and stepped back.

Even a lady like Long Xu Nian was not an exception. She sneaked a gaze at Nan Hua and Hou Liang’s gaze turned even more severe. It seemed as if he was going to draw his sword if Long Xu Nian dared to take another step.

So scary.

Long Xu Nian shuddered internally and had no other choice but to turn around. “We’re going.”

“Yes, Miss.”’

At the same time, Long Xu Nian clenched her fist tightly. She was sure that there was no one who knew about the fact that she had been researching poison for the past few years. Her grandmother only found out that she was researching one type that was coincidentally the last one that she needed to study.

The rest had already been moved to somewhere else.

A young lady like Nan Hua who had never encountered herbs and so on should have never known about this.

Pacifying her heart like this, Long Xu Nian slowly left. At this time, she had not realized that there was a needle that stuck on her back and slowly fell down as she walked away, erasing the evidence of something had been done.

“Hua’er, you’re amazing!” Nan Luo praised when they’re already getting away.

“I’m just saying the truth.” Nan Hua didn’t think it was that much. She was merely countering Long Xu Nian’s words with similar metaphor that she was using. It was easy as long as she knew how to twist her words.

“It’s amazing! Just a few weeks ago, you don’t even know how to use metaphor to fight back! It’s a huge improvement!”

Nan Hua: “…” is that really a praise?

Hou Liang, who had returned to follow the two of them after stopping Long Xu Nian, also nodded in agreement. He had been worried since Nan Hua kept on training martial arts, but it seemed that he didn’t need to worry.

The young miss was very smart and managed to learn so much front Nan Si Qiao in such a short period of time!

“Anyway, we’re here.” Nan Luo pointed to the restaurant not far from them. He grinned. “This restaurant belongs to Nan Family and Tong is the one who usually take care of them.”

Tong was one of the two main stewards in Nan Family Residence. Nan Hua rarely seen him since he was mostly busy but she knew that he was the one in charge of many businesses Nan Family had.

“I see.”

The two of them walked inside. The restaurant itself was not big and there were only several set of table and chairs there. However, it gave off the impression of clean as the waitress there worked orderly. Not many people were here since the time for lunch had passed.

They were about to pick a table when they heard a familiar voice.

“Young Miss Nan?”

9