52. Got Found Out?
218 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days passed quietly, yet the tension in the Capital City didn’t decrease in the slightest bit. As the temperature dropped further, fewer people were seen walking around on the street. Nan Hua was silently counting the days while practicing her martial arts and trained her body against the cold.

“It’s so cold…” Nan Luo bit his lower lips. “Grandfather is really brutal. He still asks us to practice even when most of the stores in the Capital City is already closed down.”

“It’s necessary.”

“Why?”

“Because you can’t never predict when your enemies will make their moves.” Nan Hua was calm. While Fei Yang Kingdom was located slightly to the south, the winter was still quite harsh for them. It was hard for those who lived in the Capital City to survive this devastating winter.

Nan Luo pursed his lips. “But Grandpa hadn’t been watching us for days. Is he really so busy?”

“Old Master is recuperating. It’s not good for his injury if he stays in the cold,” Hou Liang gave the excuse.

“What injury? Grandpa is perfectly fine!”

“Young Master, Old Master can’t stay in the cold for a long time. If he stays outside all the time, he wouldn’t be able to return to the battlefield.” Hou Liang looked at Nan Luo sternly.

Nan Luo clicked his tongue but didn’t argue anymore. He knew very well that even though the battlefield was the place where death was common, it was also the only place Old Master Nan would rather spend his time be.

As a general, he had no use aside from being at the battlefield.

“Young Miss didn’t even complaint but you already complain so much, Young Master?” Hou Liang teased.

“Shut up! I can do better!” Nan Luo gritted his teeth and preserved. If even Nan Hua can withstand staying in this cold temperature for such a long period of time, how could he not do the same?

He had to preserve!

The temperature was indeed very cold. Hou Liang finally ended the practice. “You can return to your quarter now.”

“Oh? We’re finishing early?” Nan Luo’s eyes lit up. “Yes! I’m going to take a warm bath! Hua’er, you too, go and rest! You can’t catch a cold, understand!”

Nan Hua blinked her eyes. “You too, Luo.”

“Of course!”

Hou Liang shook his head at these two’s conversation. He bid their farewell and the two of them returned to their quarter. The three maidservants came forward to welcome her.

“Young Miss, your body is cold,” Xiao Yun grasped Nan Hua’s small hands and furrowed her brows. “Let this servant prepare warm water for you.”

“Sorry to trouble you.” Nan Hua lowered her head. Was this temperature considered cold? She was already used to train during winter in her past life. But her current body was still not used to this as she had to use quite a lot of stamina.

Training was really important.

Bai Yin pouted. “Miss, can’t you stop training? If you keep this on, you’re going to build your muscle and no longer look pretty.”

“Miss is going to get stronger so that she can protect herself. In this kind of era, what’s the use of looking pretty?” Xiao Yun countered. “Prepare the bath water, Mu Yan.”

“Yes, Sister Xiao.”

Nan Hua looked at her three servants, thinking that they were quite different from each other. “I’m going to be alone tonight.”

“Yes, Miss.”

It was not the first time Nan Hua wanted to stay alone after having a bath. The three servants would simply stand guard at the front and not allow anyone to come inside at all. They naturally took turns for this.

Nan Hua took a bath then headed to her room. Her hand swiftly moved to the servant robes she had snatched during a chance in the past. By tying her hair into a bun, she would not look that much different from ordinary servant.

Her skin was a bit too fair, though.

‘I should find some methods in the future to make my skin tanner for a short period of time.’

It would be easier for her to sneak out if she didn’t stand out too much. In addition, she would need some makeup to hide her countenance. That would be more perfect since she still didn’t have much right now.

Swish!

After practicing for the past few months, Nan Hua could control her body much better. While hiding her presence, it was not impossible for her to fool the shadow guards. Her current skill was nothing like when she first come.

Though, her stamina might still be a problem in the long run. It would be enough for the time being.

Nan Hua sat on top of a tree as she looked in the direction of her grandfather’s quarter. Her grandfather walked out with Hou Liang following behind him. Not only him, there were several other soldiers around.

‘So, it’s today.’

Three weeks after the Emperor’s death.

It seemed that Long Qian Xing had somehow managed to guess the enemies’ movement. However, this was currently in the middle of winter and the temperature had dropped so drastically. It would be very hard for anyone to even get out of their house without feeling cold.

The Emperor himself had already ordered to not have any court for the time being.

No one wanted to get out with such temperature.

“Hou Liang, is there anyone around?” Old Master Nan furrowed his brows. He felt as if there was someone who was watching him, and yet the feeling was very faint. As someone who had survived countless death and live battles in the battlefield, Old Master Nan had extremely keen senses.

Hou Liang looked to the right then to the left. He shook his head. “I don’t sense anyone, Old Master.”

“Is that so?” Old Master Nan fixed his gaze to the front.

“Old Master?”

7