53. It’s Time
421 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Nan Luo, you can come out now.” Old Master Nan sighed.

Hou Liang was stunned then looked at the front. Now that he was focused on the entrance, he could sense the faint presence of a young kid from there. His lips twitched at the thought that the young master had actually mastered martial arts to such degree.

*rustle*

Nan Luo walked out with pursed lips. He looked at his grandfather and called out, “Grandpa. How do you know it’s me?”

“Aside from you, who else will come?” Old Master Nan snorted. Looking at the clothes Nan Luo wore, Old Master Nan knew that the brat would surely follow him even if he asked the brat to return. “How do you know that it’ll be today?”

“That’s because Hou Liang allow us to return earlier.” Nan Luo grinned. “That stingy commander will never allow us to rest earlier if there’s nothing important, so I guess that he wants to prepare for the trip tonight.”

Old Master Nan glanced at Hou Liang, who broke into sweat. It seemed that the commander was still quite bad at tricking people to the point that even a little brat like Nan Luo could guess his intention.

‘I really didn’t say anything to them.’ Hou Liang nearly broke into tears.

He didn’t tell the two children anything and yet Nan Luo managed to guess that they would be leaving now. He felt that his skill as a commander that managed to deceive his enemies back then had deteriorated so badly.

“I see.”

“So, can I follow you, Grandpa? Even if you say no, I’ll still follow you from behind.” Nan Luo grinned. His small body felt cold since he had patiently waited for his grandfather to move. However, he didn’t dare to move since his grandfather would surely find him out.

Unfortunately, his skill in erasing his presence was still not as high as his grandfather.

Old Master Nan sighed. He was currently thinking that if Nan Luo managed to find out, would it be the same with Nan Hua? Nan Hua had higher intelligence and better observation skill compared to Nan Luo.

If even Nan Luo could find out, Nan Hua should have known too.

‘But I didn’t sense her presence.’

“Fine.” Old Master Nan waved his hand and gave signal to Hou Lin in the darkness. He was telling the other party to pay more attention to their surroundings because Nan Hua must be around.

The little lass was hiding her presence even better than her brother.

“Yes!” Nan Luo pumped his fist in excitement and rushed over to Old Master Nan’s side. His small face showed a happy grin.

“Young Master, please wear this.” Hou Liang passed a black cloth to Nan Luo while he himself had also worn one.

Looking at the way they all covering their face, Nan Luo blinked his face. He felt that it would be useless even if they tried to hide their faces since it was rare for people to have built like his grandfather. However, he still did as he was tasked and wore the black cloth.

“Young Master, did you tell your sister?” Hou Liang asked faintly.

“No, but she should be around, no?” Nan Luo tilted his head. He couldn’t sense Nan Hua’s presence either, but she should be around since it was not hard to guess Hou Liang’s intention.

Hou Liang was stumped. He scratched the back of his head. “Maybe?”

“…Commander Hou can’t sense my sister?” Nan Luo was looking at Hou Liang with suspiciousness.

Hou Liang let out a dry laugh and refused to answer. He felt ashamed to admit that his skill was not as good as a young girl who was only 9 years old.

Old Master Nan waved his hand. “Let’s go.”

“Ok.”

Swish!

The group walked in the darkness towards the outskirt. Huang Shi Restaurant was located at the opposite side of Nan Family Residence, so they had to take a long detour to reach the place. In addition, it was also close to the Red District, which meant that it was still active even in the middle of the night like this.

Nan Hua quietly followed them while hiding her small body in the shadow. While her small body gave her disadvantage during a fight, it was advantageous for her to travel in the darkness like this.

‘Hou Lin is paying more attention.’

Several shadows around her grandfather was so cautious that Nan Hua had to keep her distance. If she got any closer, they would surely find her out. Slowing her pace slightly, Nan Hua noticed that they had reached the restaurant.

The restaurant was already closed and there were only several servants who worked to move things around. However, she could sense several presences from the third floor in the few rooms there.

And if she was not wrong.

‘Long Qian Xing and Prince, no Emperor Yang Zhou is there.’

Nan Hua’s dark obsidian eyes flickered before she swiftly moved and settled in the floor below, in the gap between the floor. It was dark and narrow, but she could hear their conversation from this distance.

Swish!

Knock! Knock!

“Come in.” the familiar voice sounded from the room. Nan Hua could easily recognize the owner of this voice as her fiancé, Long Qian Xing. She stayed silent in her place, acting as if she was nothing more than a rock that didn’t live.

As an assassin, hiding her presence was her specialization.

As long as she didn’t make a move, no one should be able to figure out that she was here.

Kreet!

The door opened and Old Master Nan walked in. His eyes swept the room and landed on the two youths in the middle, Emperor Yang Zhou and Long Qian Xing. He cupped his fist. “General Nan greets His Majesty, Emperor Yang Zhou and Young Commander Long.”

 

Hey everyone, I got an announcement.

This novel is already contracted under Webnovel, which meant that after this chapter, I'm not allowed to post any of the chapters outside anymore because they'll only be published in the specific site. Honestly, the novel had been contracted since a few weeks back but the update here didn't manage to catch up because I forgot to upload here

(>.<) sowwy.

I'm not a full time writer and due to my activity in real life, I tend to overlook other sites where I post the early chapters for free, which made their updates a bit delayed....

I apologized that I can't upload the story here anymore but if you wish to read further, you can read here 

Thank you for accompanying me up to here. I hope you enjoyed the story so far. 

5