Chapter 12: Nightmare
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A sudden knock pulled Klavior's eyes towards the door. It was pushed open by a female nurse who bowed after doing it. Klavior pulled his eyes back and stared at the ceiling. A warm feeling was traveling from the bed underneath to this back.

The figure standing outside the room had neatly trimmed hair and a huge body. But the wrinkles near his eyes gave a feeling of agedness. The middle-aged build man looked at the bowing nurse for a while then cleared his throat before stepping inside the room.

"I am Doctor-Shuffler Heliio Lynn, President of Koyoko Regional Medical Center".

A long white coat with green embroidery was pridefully covering Heliio Lynn's upper body. On his right arm two yellow stripes were firmly wrapped whereas the other arm had three black stripes. He looked back at the closed door then stepped forward to take a seat beside the bed. After looking at Klavior's belongings on a table beside the bed he moved closer.

"Is this the case of All Poison Talisman?", he spoke in a low voice.

"Yes", a horse voice escaped Klavior's mouth.

Doctor-Shuffler Heliio examined the white spots on Klavior's face. He had many years of experience but never had he seen a poison that left white marks on the body. With the years of experience, the merits he had piled up were also immense. Thus, knew many secrets of the Federation.

According to his knowledge, All Poison Talisman was given along with a poisonous weapon to members of the Sovereign Jurisdiction Department. The talisman had a green liquid flowing inside it and was claimed to be a cure for every type of poison. However, not even every holder of the talisman knew its aftereffects.

Heliio took out a jade white box from under his coat. Opening the box revealed three injections filled with dark green liquid. Without wasting any time, he injected the dark green liquid inside Klavior's wrist. As the time passed, Klavior's breathing quickened and stiffness in his body lessened.

During the fight, as soon as he felt effects of the white smoke poison, Klavior immediately used the All Poison Talisman. The white smoke poison was slowly clothing his veins. Cold sweat appeared on his head thinking about it. But thankfully the woman had refused to take the All Poison Talisman, the talisman that could cure all types of poison.

However, the downside of the talisman was the rapid weakening of the body. Muscles would get stiff as the time passed by and soon the person would enter a coma. Luckily, there was also a cure. Klavior felt his muscles loosen and stood up from the bed.

Only after Doctor-Shuffler Heliio Lynn handed him over two jade white boxes, words of thanks escaped Klavior's mouth. Doctor-Shuffler? A question arose on this mind but quickly was answered. The person in front of him was a Doctor as well as a Shuffler.

Shuffler was rank of Alchemist, Doctor was also a rank. Klavior seized up the person sitting in front of him. Two limed colored rings, two yellow stripes, three black stripes? A Level 2 Sentinel, Tier 2 Doctor and a Tier 3 Shuffler! No wonder, he was left in charge of the All Poison Talisman cure.

"Today I received two patients from the Department of Sovereign Crimes in my hospital. I am worried about this city", Heliio sighed.

"Who else?", Deus Garcia asked in surprise.

"A Level 2 Reaper who is yet to regain conscious", Heliio shook his head.

Klavior twisted his neck and looked towards the door. There were only a few people under his department who were present in the city. Someone new was assigned to this city and was injured on the first day? Klavior pondered walking alongside Doctor-Shuffler Heliio Lynn, as they followed a female nurse.

Heliio Lynn cleared his throat after looking away from the pendulum hips in front of him. What is this obsession of forcefully inflating certain body parts, he complained in his heart. He closed his eyes while walking and thought of his granddaughters. Even angles would be jealous of their purity!

...

On the same floor, Trace's head was resting on his master's lap. Even though, recently his habit prevented him from falling asleep at night, his eyelids were heavy tonight. Additionally, the sofa underneath was melting right through his body.

There were three bed at the distance, one was empty while the other two were occupied by Deus Garcia and Khufu Azami. Light snoring could be heard coming from the bed where Khufu Azami laid peacefully. Whereas Deus Garcia was lying still and his right hand was fit inside a long cuboidal case.

Following a knock two people entered the room. Klavior was surprised to see the familiar faces in the room. He immediately questioned Trace, who in great length narrated his part of the story, also mentioned how his master was accused because of the tampered name on the register at Swirls house. Deus Garcia eyelids twitched multiple times throughout the narration.

Doctor-Shuffler nodded at Trace's master after listening the story and conversed with Trace for a while. This weekend he was going to narrate Trace's little adventure to his granddaughters. A brave young boy going to save his family (his master) and the turning point where the boy's master pats his apprentice's clothes!

When Doctor-Shuffler Heliio excused himself from the room, Klavior asked Trace some questions about the red needle. His smile lessened when Trace said that the needle was inside Khufu's body. All this while, a bird was sitting on the window observing the people inside.

...

Eimi Swirls channeled her mana through a small tablet and an image of Trace surfaced. These types of treasures were called Surveillance treasures and were on the expensive spectrum of the market. She squinted her eyes to get a clearer view, but the images did not grow clearer.

Eimi jumped on the bed and held the small tablet with her both hands to look at the still image of Trace. Before her burrows frowned, she vaguely saw Trace blinking. After pressing her lips together, she rolled towards to her side and kept observing the image.

For the past few days, she had been observing the young watchman. Except her mother, he seemed like the last person Eimi could trust but some doubts existed. So, she installed a Surveillance mirror outside the veranda such that the spot Trace sat on could be monitored. A vague image of young facial features and dark grey hair entered her eyes, but it grew clearer in her mind.

The scene changed into an evening, Eimi was waiting in front of the gate. Stamping her feet, waiting for Trace to come. Just as the door opened an honest apologetic smile greeted her. She stared at Trace, her eyes being the messenger of anger. It was when she realized that Trace's eyes were not black but deep purple.

Just as Trace walked in front of her, heading towards the empty room's veranda, she followed closely. Her eyes gave a quick look towards Trace's head. Eimi vaguely guessed that Trace was taller than the first time she saw him but not tall enough.

Eimi extended her hand towards Trace but before she could reach him, two boxes fell from Trace's clothes. This made her stop and stare at the boxes instead. When she raised her head to look back at Trace, the house behind Trace rumbled.

Walls behind Eimi shook and the next time her eyes hovered over Trace; her foot subconsciously moved back. The person in front of her had long hair extending down the eyes. An evil grin was breaking out from the person's face.

Eimi's eyes shaped open, red veins took hostage of her beautiful pure eyes. She massaged her forehead as she headed towards the kitchen upstairs. After lighting the room, she took up a fresh glass and poured water. Despite a chocking feeling, she jugged the glass of water and pushed the glass towards the side along with the many unwashed glasses present.

...

The sun extended its rays and fell on the carriage window. Trace was looking out at the spacious morning streets. Along with him were his master, Klavior, and Khufu. He was enjoying the morning air when a pink head entered his vision.

Trace turned his body in complete opposite direction as the carriage passed the pink. He only looked away after his master patted his legs. For the remaining journey, Trace did not look outside the window for the rest of the journey.

"What happened?" Khufu touched Trace to gather attention.

Khufu couldn't believe that Deus Garcia was injured by Trace. Inside he was full of pleasure but on the surface, he didn't dare to show it. When Trace looked toward him, he took back his hand. Khufu caressed the bird sitting on his lap and looked questioningly towards Trace.

"An old… friend", Trace said with much difficulty.

Klavior opened his eyes on hearing that and looked towards Trace. The report on Trace did not mention any friends. Putting this thought at the back of his head, he looked towards the person sitting opposite to him. Klavior sighed after looking at the Master's hands.

The scroll could only be used on Sorcerers. It was an advanced truth detector that could perceive the truth with the flow of mana. One was used on the Swirls case by Deus Garcia, but it did not reveal a big lead. Only a few hints of Vince Swirls staying at Noxhim Hotel were found.

Thinking about Deus Garcia made Klavior close his eyes again. A scene from earlier today played in his head. Only Deus Garcia and Klavior were left in the room. The broken arm was not an irrecoverable threat anymore.

"I know about the top-secret incident that occurred about five year ago- The Church of Scarlet Parry", Deus Garcia said confidently.

"What about it?", Klavior maintained a casual attitude.

"How is the fortune teller related to it?", Deus Garcia stopped poking, instead presented his theory.

"He is probably not".

Klavior said after pausing for a while. That person seems to be covered in great mystery but probably he was just living up to his name, Klavior mused. Although, he had some doubts about the story Trace narrated. But what he wanted to see most was the register at Swirls house. And to know if any more of those cards shaped talisman existed.

Deus Garcia eyes squinted when he saw Destthine's expression. Blood rushed to his head and he clenched his teeth. Veins popped up around the shoulder of his left arm. His hand extended up in the air and smashed the table at the side of the bed.

"Let me be a part of this, or I will kill that brat", Deus Garcia couldn't contain his anger anymore.

"You won't, because he is the only lead we have", Klavior's face darkened.

"I will kill that brat anyway", Deus Garcia did not back down.

"My authority isn't high enough to speak freely about that event. But I will tell you this much, even after five years we could only put one person at the place of incident. He might only be an observer, or not related to the incident at all. All his memories are likely gone but he is someone to keep an eye on."

"The only thing in your mind should be the red needle", Klavior added before leaving.

Forget about the Church of Scarlet Parry!

The only thing in your mind should be what's happening right now.

0