Chapter 15: Spoils of victory
1.4k 13 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaori’s about to throw a fireball at my face when I suddenly feel a bone-chilling pressure coming from behind me.

It takes all my strength not to fall to my knees, Kaori isn’t as lucky, he falls face first into the dirt of the arena, his fireball disperses.

“It’s forbidden to use magic on school-premises without permission of the appropriate authorities.”

I look back at who spoke those words, it’s miss Sato. There’s some sort of aura coming from her body. Finally the pressure stops and Kaori gets back on his feet:

“You! You dare!? Do you know who my dad is!? You said appropriate authorities right? My dad’s part of the ‘Golden Lions’ guild, He IS the authority! If you don’t want to lose your job, you better let me roast this peasant!”

I can see miss Sato hesitating as Kaori prepares another fireball. Luckily his magic gets interrupted a second time, this time by an icicle flying through it.

“Stop right there Kaori! He won the duel, as your dad is also part of the ‘Golden Lions’ guild, you should know honor is more important than anything according to the guild beliefs. Do you think your dad will keep his position as chief-executive if I tell the guild his son can’t even keep his promises?”

“Tchh… so you came Sara… fine I’ll give my future wife some face. Here, take your stupid cartridge.”

He threw the orange cartridge at my feet, I didn’t even hesitate for a second before I picked it up. But I won’t forget this disrespect…

“You didn’t negotiate the terms with me, so I’ll give you this useless mana-measuring crystal as your E-rank equipment and the Cartridge is also unknown HA-HA. Well as expected, peasants can’t negotiate for shit!”

He looked back at his cronies and they all started to laugh. Yikes, looks like even his minions don’t laugh voluntarily.

He’s not the only one with a devilish tongue though:

“Yeah you’re clearly the superior businessman Kaori.”

“Glad to know you’re at least not retarded Reo.”

“I mean, I would never have thought to lose so many valuable things in a single day like you did. A cartridge, some equipment and last but not least, even your pride. I truly can’t fathom your genius.”

“Y-You!”

I could tell he wanted to attack me again, but after he looked at Sara, who was standing behind me, he refrained from doing so and simply walked away shouting:

“THIS ISN’T OVER YET!”

*SIGH* I’m afraid this won’t be the last time he’ll come bother me…

“Thanks Sara, I didn’t know you were watching the duel… I’m sorry about yesterday, I was just a bit fed up with people saying I was weak…”

“It’s fine, maybe I underestimated you a bit and said a couple of mean things... B-But don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t watching or anything. I just happened to feel miss Sato releasing her mana-pressure from the school’s training-grounds.”

Miss Sato suddenly speaks up.

“Really? I could have sworn I contained my pressure within the arena.”

“M-Must be my high mana-sensitivity ha-ha. Anyways, I heard our new roommate finally arrived Reo, let’s quickly head to our dorm.”

She grabs my arm and drags me towards the exit of the arena.

“W-Wait!”

She’s not listening to me at all, I can see that her ears are a bit red. I try to break free, but her grip is strong.

“Here Fudo! Take this and sell it! It should be enough to pay for your sister’s enrollment!”

I throw him the mana-measuring equipment. He catches it and looks dumbfounded.

“R-Reo, you can’t be serious? We just fought!”

“It’s alright, I’m just doing this for Sakura, it has nothing to do with you.”

I smile at him and give him a thumbs up, Fudo’s almost in tears as I get dragged out of the Arena.

We arrive at the door of our dorm when Sara finally realizes she has been grabbing onto my arm the entire time.

She hastily lets go and takes a step back, I can see that her cheeks are bit red. I quickly open the door to escape this awkward situation.

“Oh hi, you two must be my new roommates. Sorry I’m late, I had some issues at home… I’m the new support-Machia of the house, Juniper, nice to make your acquaintances.

In front of me is a beautiful older-sister looking type with huge breasts and silky brown hair. Score! Honestly, she is more my type than Sara.

“H-Hello, I’m Reo! I’m neither a support or combat Machia yet.”

“You don’t have to pay any attention to that pervert Juniper, I’m Sara, a Combat Machia in the Bronze [I] class. Besides, Reo, didn’t you already reveal that weird explosion magic? You’re clearly a combat Machia so leave this place already!”

“Oh, so you were watching the duel?”

Sara’s cheeks turn red and she stomps off to her room.

“Sorry about her Juniper, she’s a bit feisty, but her heart’s in the right place… I think…”

“You and Sara seem to get along, I hope I’m not interrupting anything hi-hi.”

She gives a cute chuckle while hiding her mouth.

“N-No don’t worry about it, or rather, how does it seem like we get along? Anyways, what class are you in?”

“I’m in Bronze [III], but I’m not that strong really…”

“Wow amazing, I’m just barely in the wood class.”

*GROWL*

Oh great, my stomach just has to rumble right as I’m talking to such a beautiful girl. *SIGH*

“hi-hi, Should I make some dinner? I’m pretty confident in my cooking actually.”

I’m convinced! She’s an angel.

55