Chapter 20: Cute girls doing cute things
1.2k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Sara was done yelling she storms of, presumably to her room. Out of the corner of my eye I can see a little girl with silver hair standing behind a doorframe, she must be Eva, I’m afraid she entered the room at a rather unfortunate time.

“I’m sorry you had to witness that Reo, I’ll ask Pierre to see you out. Please don’t mind what happened today, you were lovely to meet in person, you don’t have to worry about Sara either, this is a family problem. I hope you understand.”

“No problem madam, it was lovely to meet you too.”

I follow Pierre as he leads me to the exit.

*SIGH* What was I even supposed to say there? I can’t believe I’m feeling sympathetic towards Sara… Well, she has her own problems to deal with too I suppose.

I decided to take the bus back to the school-dorms and arrive there 10 minutes later.

I open the door and see Juniper sitting at the dinner table.

“Oh you guys are finally back… Wait, where is Sara?... I know she can be a little overbearing sometimes, but you didn’t ditch her somewhere, right Reo?”

I sit myself down opposite from her at the dinner table in order to explain the situation.

“No It’s nothing like that, the ‘date’ was actually pretty enjoyable… She just decided to sleep at her place, guess she was feeling a bit homesick ha-ha.”

I try to force a smile, but it’s not very convincing. I guess Juniper noticed I was uncomfortable since she immediately tried to change the topic.”

“O-Oh my… Anyways, try some of this pasta I made, please give me your honest feedback.”

She’s dangling a spoon with some tortellini’s on it in front of my mouth while leaning forward, inadvertently showing off her ample bosom.

“T-Thanks, but I already ate at Sara’s place.”

“Come on, I want to get a passing grade, pleas eat some of the food.”

Oh, so that’s what she was going for, still though… she’s really looking at me with those puppy-dog eyes… Even though my stomach is already bursting… Like I thought, I’m really weak to beauties.

“R-Right we should farm some points while Sara isn’t here.”

I eat the spoonful of pasta that was offered to me.

*PA-DING*

The counter’s now at 2, I have no idea how many points we need to collect for a passing grade though. They didn’t give us much info… or did I just not listen?

“Delicious like always Juniper!”

“T-Thanks, I at least want to support you guys with house-chores or gathering points.”

“Don’t worry too much about stuff like that, you should focus on your own Machia-career instead.”

“Oh no, there isn’t much to focus on… You guys are so motivated, you two have a goal and are passionate... Meanwhile, I’m just trying to graduate and earn a living…”

“And what’s wrong with that? It doesn’t matter what your goal is, even if it’s easy to achieve, you can just set another goal afterwards. It’s more important to concentrate on the things you can do right now and the goal you’re currently striving towards. I don’t think wanting to graduate and earn a living is something to be ashamed of.”

“R-Really?... eh-he…”

Aaaww she looks so cute… all shy and blushy… really makes me want to pat her head.

*PA-DING*

Wait… I’m actually patting her head!

I quickly retract my hand.

“S-Sorry… you just looked so cute…”

“C-Cute?!”

Her entire face is red now. She gets up and blurts out:

“A-Anyways, Sara left something for you on your bed, she told me to give it to you if you arrived before her, but I didn’t have the courage to enter your room without your permission… Goodnight!”

She speed-walks to her room and leaves me alone at the dinner table… even I’m turning a bit red after seeing all that cuteness. She normally acts so mature, al be it, a bit clumsy. The gap between how she normally acts and how she just reacted right now is just irresistible…

After sitting there for a while in awe of Junipers cuteness, I also head toward my room.

There’s a small red package with a note attached:

To pervert,

 

Thanks for putting up with my selfish request, I hope this charade doesn’t cause more trouble for us in the future. Here’s the cultivation cartridge, you can just keep it by the way, lord knows you need it.

 

-Your favorite roommate

 

I have some mixed feelings about how she addressed me, but… she really is a nice girl isn’t she?

It’s great that I get to keep the cartridge too, I can just sell it for money or trade it for another orange cartridge.

*SIGH* Looks like I’m even more indebted to that psycho princess…

Maybe I could help her with Kaori? Although he’s definitely too powerful for me right now… Or if I succeed in making a more efficient mana-cultivation magic, I could give her one as well. She wanted a bigger mana-pool right?

Probably in order to catch up to her sister… Her parents don’t seem like bad people either, but I get that it would be annoying to constantly walk in the shadow of your little sister.

I’m just afraid she’s really harming the relationship between her and her sister, Eva probably also feels like she’s the one at fault…

Well, it’s something she’ll have to figure out on her own, I can only support her from the sidelines.

I once again focus on the cartridge itself, it has orange borders rather than yellow ones… I guess the naming convention for these things isn’t really that creative after all.

I pop it into the chip-implant in my chest and wait for the window to pop up.

It takes a while, but after a minute or so I can see a familiar screen with a familiar analyze option.

It’s time to really level up as a Machia!

45