Chapter 50: It’s time to D-D-Duel
808 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuma looks a bit overconfident, cocky almost. Even though Mr. Wyatt has an earth-rook talent, I don’t think he is to be messed with in close-combat. He just radiates ‘strong’…

Right as the announcer yelled start, Yuma charged at him using a fast looking movement-magic, but Mr. Wyatt simply erected a sand wall beneath the student’s feet, sending him flying. Yuma looked like a helpless puppy on his way back down to the floor of the arena, but Mr. Wyatt didn’t let up, he immediately activated his ‘clay-hide’ magic followed up by his own, slower movement magic; Resulting in a heavy fist that landed on Yuma’s ribcage.

Yuma did manage to activate a defensive magic while in the air though. He managed to harden his entire skin before he got hit, looks like he got his hands on a direct upgrade to the clay-hide cartridge.

Mr. Wyatt still left a visible fist mark on his chest though, seems like he really packs a punch…

Not ready to give up yet, Yuma tries to stand up, but fails and flops back down, face first into the dirt… That punch didn’t only do external damage…

Just when I thought they would announce his defeat, Yuma’s shoulder begins to glow and a red hue envelopes his body. I don’t know which cartridge he just activated, but apparently it invigorated him since he’s able to stand up.

Yuma charges at Mr. Wyatt again, who is seemingly curious about what he’s planning since he just lets him get closer.

Right before Yuma’s sword was about to reach the instructor a sand wall suddenly sprouts up in between them.

At that same moment, Yuma’s shoulder glows again as he shouts: “CLAYMORE SPLITTER!”

With those words, he jumps up into the air, over the sand wall. His sword beginning to radiate a blue color as he comes back down towards Mr. Wyatt.

Will he do it? Can he actually defeat the instructor. Were probably the thoughts racing through every student’s mind. But not mine.

I’ve already seen how this would play out. I saw it when Mr. Wyatt launched him up in the air with that sand wall earlier. Just because he’s a bit faster now and aiming his sword towards Mr. Wyatt, doesn’t mean the outcome will be different. That shout earlier also took away his element of surprise.

Sure enough, Mr. Wyatt simply takes a step back, activates clay hide and gives him a Russian hook to the side of his torso, sending him flying towards the wall of the arena, unconscious.

*SIGH* “Now why did ya have ta shout before you attacked me kid?”

Mr. Wyatt wipes off a drop of blood that was resting on his face, surprisingly, Yuma did manage to cut his cheek, albeit shallow.

“Guess you’re not totally useless. But ya better stop relying on those fancy cartridges and relatively large mana-pool… Guess I can’t fail ya though, but you’ll only be promoted to the wood [II] class.”

After a couple of minutes of casting healing magic onto the unconscious Yuma, he finally wakes up.

“D-Did it manage to hit him?”

Kaori sighs:

*SIGH* “No, you only managed to scrape him a bit… Even after all the resources my family poured into you… You’re an embarrassment!”

“S-Sorry Kaori… I… I was overconfident…”

“Pftt! That’s right, we shouldn’t have expected much from a poor sap like you anyways… Oh well, I guess even dogs deserve a second chance, just don’t mess it up next time!”

“T-Thank you Kaori! I promise I’ll try my absolute best when the time comes!”

Kaori snickers:

“Yeah, you better.”

Yikes, seems like he will get thrown away the minute he doesn’t give them the results they were hoping for, poor feller… Well, he’s an asshole himself, so it’s not like I really care.

After Yuma, there were only 2 people who managed to seriously hit the instructor and 3 people who simply survived for 10 minutes. The most impressive fight was from a girl with the plant-bishop talent that managed to hit miss Tanaka, the assistant teacher of the bronze class. She was even directly promoted to wood [III].

Finally it was my turn, I couldn’t wait to shock everyone with my mana-pool, will I also get an applause from the crowd like Yuma did?

I step up to the measuring-equipment while hearing Kaori and his cronies snickering behind me. Just you wait…

I place my hand on the blue crystal and almost immediately blind myself. Goddam, it wasn’t this bright when I first used the crystal!

The geeky guy next to the equipment doesn’t say anything he just stares at it in disbelief until Mr. Ito finally gives him a nudge.

“A-Ah r-right, *AHEM* if I’m reading this correctly, this guy should have a mana pool of… a mana pool of 846…”

The crowd remains absolutely silent. Only a quiet “B-Big bro…” could be heard from the stands.

Until suddenly, the silence gets interrupted by someone freaking out:

“T-THIS CAN’T BE RIGHT! HE MUST HAVE CHEATED! HE SHOULD ONLY HAVE A MANA-POOL OF 100!”

Sure enough it’s Kaori again, this guy really seems to dislike me… What did I ever do to him? Except for taking a huge shit on his pride and flirting with his fiancé of course.

The geeky guy next to the equipment seems offended at the thought that I could have possibly cheated.

“P-Please sir I personally installed this piece of equipment this morning, there is no way he could have cheated, it also worked perfectly fine for the other students.”

“JUST CHECK IT AGAIN YOU INCOMPETENT PEASANT!”

Kaori looks back at his cronies and they all start shouting:

“Cheater!” “You falsified the results!” “You clearly cheated!” “There is foul play involved!” “This must be some sort of conspiracy!”

Really, the length to which these guys will go to in order to suckle at the teeth of young master Kaori… It’s honestly kind of impressive…

31