Chapter 59: Breaking off the engagement
1.1k 5 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

W-What… Did she just call our relationship annoying? I mean, I guess I was the weird one for expecting her to share a guy… But, does that mean… Did she really just use me for that stupid cartridge? I thought she was rich?!... *GULP* Let’s ask her first:

“Wait Sara, what are you talking about? I thought you wanted me to take responsibility?”

“Hm?... NO! I’m not talking about THIS relationship! I really, really want this one to continue!”

Realizing what she just said, she starts blushing:

“Euuhh… I mean, I guess I don’t mind being with you that much … I-It provides me adequate satisfaction I presume… Yes… W-We’ll definitely have to continue this relationship…”

“So that’s how misunderstandings are formed… You should really work on your communication Sara…”

A light flashes from Sara’s body and an icicle whizzes past my face, planting itself into the wall.

“How’s this for communication? Honey~”

Urgh, this little she-devil. I should really… ‘reeducate’ her more violent tendencies.

I activate my ‘after-image’ cartridge and position myself behind Sara.

“You should really fix that habit of throwing icicles around you know? Someone could get hurt~”

I say as I squeeze her C-cups from behind with both hands. This gets a muffled laugh out of Juniper.

After my revenge, I can see Sara’s ears turn red when, suddenly, the temperature drops dramatically. Oh no… is she planning to turn both of us into popsicles?

I quickly let go of the two soft mounds in my hands and dart backward:

Sara turns around to face me and instinctively punches me in the stomach. It didn’t really hurt much, and it was more cute than violent looking. It was evident, however, that she immediately felt bad as soon her fist connected with my abs. Did she expect I would dodge?

“S-Sorry… I-I didn’t mean…”

I reassure Sara that it didn’t hurt me much by patting her on the head, which seemed to really please the cute little creature in front of me Anyway, I better change the topic, Juniper will feel lonely if I keep patting this girl’s head:

“So, what were you talking about earlier? With that annoying relationship?”

She suddenly springs up, like she just remembered something.

“Oh right! Reo, come with me, this is important, you said you’d take responsibility right?”

“R-Right…”

Her enthusiasm is starting to freak me out… Was it really a smart idea to take on this ‘responsibility’…

Sara then turns to Juniper:

“Is it okay if I borrow Reo for a couple of hours?”

“Go ahead, as long as you bring MY BOYFRIEND back before dinner~”

With a ‘Hmpf’ from Sara, I get dragged outside of our dorm.

“Where are we going?”

“To campus, the bronze class is having practical lessons right now.”

“So? Why are we going there again?”

“It’s a surprise~”

Oh god, Sara acting all cute can only spell trouble…

After a couple of minutes of walking and Sara being all mysterious, we finally arrive at the bronze training grounds.

Sara looks around for a bit before finally walking towards a group of guys while dragging me along.

“Oh? Have you come here to observe my excellence? How cute yet understandable.”

Urgh, this voice, don’t tell me…

“Wait?... Is that…  Why did you bring this peasant with you?! Is he harassing you? And you peasant, let go of this noble lady’s hand right this instant!”

*SIGH* “Good to see you again to Kaori.”

Sara speaks up:

“Kaori, I’ve come here today to clear a few things up between us.”

“Huh? Are you here to confess your love? No need, the grand elder already arranged our official engagement ceremony for this Saturday. You can save it until then, when both our families will be present.”

Engagement ceremony… Oh right! Sara and Kaori are ‘engaged’, I almost forgot since Sara never mentions him… Wait, so the annoying relationship she wanted to get rid of…

Before I could finish my thoughts, Sara replies:

“No that’s not it. I-“

Kaori cuts her off:

“Oh right, you wanted to clear things up. Are you perhaps referring to the rumors between you and that peasant over there? Don’t worry, even if you two are rooming together, I’m not stupid enough to believe a filthy mongrel like him actually caught your eye.”

A couple of Kaori’s cronies start laughing and pointing at me.

This time I respond directly to his provocations:

“Oh? So I guess you trust Sara’s expertise in avoiding these so-called ‘filthy mongrels’?”

“Heh, I’m not sure what you’re implying there, I’m already engaged to her you dumbass, of course she has excellent taste in men.”

Yikes, you really dug your own grave with that one… How can anybody be this over-confident? Impressive really…

30