Chapter 60: Revenge is a dish best served… Scorching hot?
503 8 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaori turns to Sara:

*SIGH* “To think there were even rumors about you two sharing a bed… Now that I see this eye-scorn of a peasant again, I get why you wanted to clear up those ridiculous rumors the peasantry was spreading. Even going as far as to show me his pathetic visage to discredit them. Really thoughtful, but unnecessary, I never really believed them in the first place.”

To my surprise, instead of getting angry, Sara starts blushing:

“R-Really… People are saying that about me and Reo? Hehe…

Oh god, looks like she already stopped listening after the first part of his monologue…

To my surprise, Kaori still doesn’t stop his one-sided rambling, instead, he doubles down! It seems like he’s truly incapable of doubting his own superiority for even a moment:

“I know, ridiculous right? As if you two would be good together! But no need to be shy at the thought of sharing a bed, I promise I’ll be gentle... Well, at least the first time, if you get what I’m saying.”

After having to see Kaori shoot a ‘sexy wink’ in her direction, it seems Sara has finally had enough, she explodes:

“GROSS! I CAME HERE TO BREAK OFF THE ENGAGEMENT YOU SPOILED, DUMB, ARROGANT…”

I whisper in Sara’s ear:

“Cucked.” 

“CUCKED BRAT OF A HUMAN!”

Suddenly, everyone becomes quiet, even Kaori’s cronies aren’t laughing anymore.

“Wha… What are you talking about? This engagement was arranged by the grand elder, y-you can’t just call it off… Wait a minute, did you just say cucked? You can’t possibly be referring to that mongr-”

Sara cuts him off:

*SIGH* “I don’t care what the grand elder has planned for us, he didn’t get my consent. Besides, it’s too late… I-I already gave my first time to Reo, A-And with that, I breached the contract between our families, which renders it null and void!”

Kaori suddenly falls to his knees in shock.

“Y-You did what?... T-This can’t be happening… My dad promised me…”

Slowly his confusion turns into anger as he starts to process what happened. He turns to me:

“You… YOU! You ruined everything! You dare steal from this young lord?!... You must have been laughing behind my back together with that whore over there… Tricking this young lord… That’s right, I’ll just kill you right here! That way I’ll have the last laugh!”

Damn, seems like this was the first time anybody ever said no to him… It really did a number on his fragile ego… His monologuing even got worse.

Right as I was about to make a snarky remark, Kaori lunges at me. He’s not very fast though, I easily dodged his clumsy attempt to grab my shirt by taking a few steps backward.

I prepare myself for a fight as I see Kaori’s shoulder light up.

He lunges at me again with some sort of movement magic but only touches air as he falls through my hologram, face-first into the dirt.

Luckily, I managed to activate my ‘After-Image’ on time. Kaori’s eyes look crazed, seems like he really intends to kill me here, even Sara looks worried.

In order not to drag out this confrontation I start loudly taunting him:

“What’s wrong? I thought you wanted to kill me for sleeping with your fiancé? Pathetic really, can’t even catch a single mongrel… I bet daddy would be disappointed~”

My provocation really seemed to piss Kaori off, his entire face is almost steaming with anger. I bet you could cook an entire English breakfast from the heat coming off of his forehead…

However, suddenly, he snaps out of it, trying his best to contain his anger. Looks like my plan worked, our commotion and my insults from earlier attracted quite a crowd.

It makes sense Kaori stopped his assault. He’s probably more careful after witnessing some of my strength when I fought Professor Nakamura. He purely subsists on his pride and ego, after all, he wouldn’t want to risk losing to me in front of the entire school.

After wiping the dirt off his face, he recollects himself:

“Pffft, a bastard like you isn’t worth my time, same for that whore over there.”

“Right, you have better things to do like… Forcing engagements onto unwilling girls because you can’t get laid?”

As I expected, the crowd doesn’t dare laugh. Although I can tell some are holding back a giggle, most of them are still afraid of Kaori’s dad.

“You!... You’re lucky I only have my training cartridges with me right now! Otherwise, your head would have already been removed from its shoulders!”

“Really now? I thought we weren’t worth your time?… Could it be… Are you actually scared of me~”

“Shut up! A noble like myself shouldn’t have to explain himself to filth like you, you should just be grateful I showed mercy!”

With those words the annoying young lord finally walks away, but not before shouting me an ominous threat:

“You’ll regret this Reo! You’ll regret ever crossing me!”

The last thing I see of Kaori is him grabbing his cell phone and furiously yelling at it.

Sara turns to me as she innocently smiles:

“Fun right? Now you’ll have to take responsibility…”

*GULP* What have I gotten myself into...

Our lovely ‘flirting’ is suddenly interrupted by Sara’s ringtone.

*CLICK*

“This is Sara… Yes dad… I just did… N-No… I don’t care what the grand elder wants!... Don’t you care about my happiness?... Yes dad, I really do… Oh? You want to meet him?... Right away?... Alright! Love you daddy…”

*CLICK*

…Fuck

28