Chapter 25 – Monkey Business
681 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matt bade his farewell and thanks to Agni as he left his palace.

He didn't really know what to do from here or where to go but at least he would head back north-west towards Greece.

After all, going back that direction would give him the opportunity to run into run into Ishtsr, Gilgamesh or Enkidu from Persia/Akkadia/Sumeria, maybe bump into an Egyptian God like Horus, Isis or Thoth and maybe reach Greece to meet up with Heracles, Dionysus or even Pan. Maybe he would bump into the Norse Gods from the north like Thor, Baldr, Tyr, Loki or one of the Valkyries, especially Brynhildr.

He especially thought of his lovers Kali, who disappeared, and those he hoped to meet again like Ishtar, Brynhildr and Isis.

Now, thinking back, he had indeed made many legendary friends, even introduced them to each other. While he was once a loser, losing his wife to his boss, becoming a slave warrior for the Watchers in the future, experiencing torture at the hands if the Atlanteans, he was still blessed with a lifetime of adventures and friends.

He looked north, seeing the high mountains of the Himalayas, or whatever its called in this earlier timeline, and followed a path parallel to the ranges, heading north-west back to Libya (as Africa was called then) and then Europe.

 "Hey! Hey friend Matt!" he suddenly heard a voice. 

He looked at the direction the voice came from, which was the nearby forest the path was cutting through. 

Suddenly a figure jumped out of the forest and landed in front of him.

"Oh Hanuman! What are you doing here?" Matt asked, recognizing the human sized monkey in front of him. 

"I just helped a friend rescue his wife from a demon in Lanka. Now I'm going to look for a better weapon!" Hanuman said

"Lanka! Isn't that south of India?" Matt asked, realizing that Lanka was what they called the island of Sri Lanka in the southeast of India. 

The friend that Hanuman talked about was probably Rama, and his wife Hanuman helped rescue was probably Sita who was kidnapped by the demon Ravana. This was a famous story written in the Ramayana.

Deciding that there was no reason to ask about the story, unless Hanuman willingly told it himself, instead he asked Hanuman what he meant by looking for a better weapon. 

"Oh.. Rama blessed me with immortality, which augmented my body which was already as hard as Indra's Vajra. But because I'm so powerful now, I am looking for a weapon that can fit my new immortal self. My weapon, Gada, is near indestructible, but isn't magical" he explained, referring to the mace Vishnu gave him. 

"So why are you heading this way? Did Rama or one of the Gods tell you of this place?" Matt asked

"Hmm... since I am now recognized as an immortal, I can tell you. Actually, I am doubly blessed with immortality. My secret master Puti Zhushi also thought me martial arts and the ways of immortality. This is why, besides the blessings of the gods, I am also so powerful. He told me of the Dragon King, that one day I might be powerful enough to get a weapon from him!" Hanuman said

"The... Dragon King is in the north?" Matt asked

"No. I must first go past the mountains to the country in the north, China. Then I will traverse the sea to palace of the Dragon King" Hanuman said

Matt wondered to himself as dopamine pumped in his brain, recalling all he knew about Hanuman. He has heard of Puti Zhushi, but... that was Sun Wukong, not Hanuman, wasn't it? But... was Hanuman also Sun Wuking all along?? Matt was shocked at his thoughts. That would make sense, wouldn't it?

"Can... can I join you?" Matt asked, curious what would happen with Hanuman after this

"You want to follow me? Great! I remembered our spar a decade ago. Have you improved? I have!" Hanuman said

"No.... I was... with Kali the whole time. I'm still mortal" Matt said, embarrassed that over 10 years had passed while he had sex. 

After all, even if he did improve, it would not match Hanuman's improvements. 

"No matter. I would be glad for you to join me" Hanuman smiled

"Ok then. I am already travelling anyway. I can go now" Matt said

"Oh good! Lets go!" Hanuman said

While travelling, Matt didn't have to do anything as Hanuman could grow to giant size and fly as Matt sat on his shoulders, traversing the tall mountains. 

Matt watched dark brown groups of hairy Yetis point at Hanuman from afar. 

Even though Hanuman did most of the work, he enjoyed Matt's company as Matt told him about his many adventures with the many gods. 

"So... who do you think would win? Me or Thor?" Hanuman asked

"I really don't know. I never sparred with Thor as I was.... weakened at that time" Matt said

"How about me against Heracles?" he asked again

"Heracles was definitely stronger than you. But I sparred you a decade ago. You say you are much stronger now, so I don't know" Matt said

"How about me against Gilgemesh?" Hanuman continued asking. 

"Hmm... have you sparred against Kartikeya?" Matt asked

"Kartikeya? No. I have never gotten the opportunity" Hanuman said

"Well, if I never get the chance to introduce you any of them, I would say that including you, all of them have defeated me in spars. I'm but a mere mortal" Matt said diplomatically

"But... but.... who is the BEST!" Hanuman asked

"I really don't know. You will have to spar them yourselves" Matt laughed.  

Hanuman sulked before asking another question. 

"Then... who is the better lover? Isis, Brynhildr, Ishtar or Kali?" he asked mischieviously. 

"Ah... no way you will get an answer from me. Any of them will kill me. Besides, I have only made love as a man to Isis, Ishtar, Kali.... and Sharon" Matt said

"Who.. who is Sharon?" Hanuman asked

Matt continued story telling as Hanuman crossed the mountains into China, before turning right and heading to the sea. 

Matt looked below them as the land of Ancient China was more advanced and civilized than he anticipated. 

Then again, India, Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece and all the places he has been to have all been much more advanced than he expected for being over ten thousand years in the past. 

Man must have lost all this technology and knowledge when the gods for whatever reason disappeared, and had to have started again from literally the stone age. 

No wonder some ridiculed academics have claimed certain sites, like the Pyramids of Giza and such were formed over 10,000 years ago, before even the age of civilization the majority scientists claim started. 

Along the way, Hanuman picked up fruits from the trees as they flew by, and he seemed to enjoy throwing fruits at unsuspecting people under them. 

The more noble and snooty they looked, the better as Hanuman threw fruits that unerringly smashed into their faces.

Matt laughed and he thought that Hanuman had the same type of personality as Loki, or even Hermes as they were Gods of Mischief. 

After a few hours of flying over seemingly endless oceans, they arrived at a grand looking palace that Hanuman identifies as the Dragon God's palace!

Two large dragons stood at the entrance and blocked their way. 

"Halt! Turn back! This is no place for a creature like you" a blue dragon said

"Please tell the Dragon King that I, the monkey king Sun Wukong am here to see him" Hanuman said

"Sun Wukong?" Matt asked, confirming his suspicions. 

"Yes, that's the name my master secretly gave me to use when my immortality can be known" Hanuman said. 

"Go away. You are not welcome here" the other red dragon said

Matt looked on, seeing a legend happening in front of his eyes. 

Hanuman got angry, hitting the red dragon with his mace Gada. The red dragon flew crashing through the beautifully adorned gates open. 

The blue dragon attacked but was smashed into the ground, splattering his head with his tongue sticking out. 

Hanuman, or more precisely Sun Wukong rushed in and Matt followed him, passing both dead dragons. 

Several dragons circled Sun Wukong, but kept a distance, flying just beyond the reach of his mace, but he flew into the air and smashed one of them to the ground. 

"Halt! Who are you?" a commanding voice asked

"I am Sun Wukong! I am the Monkey King! I am afraid you might have mistaken me for the other Kings!" Sun Wukong said to the largest dragon that appeared. 

He was white in color, with a regal bearing and Matt assumed he must be the Dragon King. 

"Well, I am Ao Guang, the Dragon King. What do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" the large dragon asked

"As you can see, my weapon Gada no longer suits me. I hear you have many magical weapons. I want one" Sun Wukong said

"Oh! Let me see" the Dragon King turned to his dragons and got them to bring out weapons for Sun Wukong to test. 

However, Sun Wukong tested them on his Gada to test their hardness, and most of them were smashed to pieces! Only a few of the best weapons survived his test, but even then they were bent and dented, making them yet inferior to Gada. 

"Is that all? My Gada smashed them all, proving that they are inferior" Sun Wukong said

"Well.. there is one more, my treasure called Ruyi Jingu Bang. I used it to stabilize the Four Seas, but it doesn't seem to be needed anymore" Au Guang said

"Huh? Why?" Matt blurted out

It was then that Au Guang noticed that there was a small mortal man standing nearby. As Sun Wukong was in his giant form, the dragons were all occupied with him and had ignored the human. 

But Au Guang replied him anyway. 

"Well, there used to be a huge serpentine monster, who called himself Jormungandr. He was so large, he had destabilized the world. So I used my treasured staff to keep the world spinning. But a few months ago, he disappeared" Au Guang said

"He disappeared? Don't tell me...... Ragnarok..." Matt muttered to himself

"I really don't know what happened. How can such a large dragon disappear and leave no traces. Now my staff Ruyi Jingu Bang does nothing. You can have it if you can lift it" Au Guang said.

Au Guang brought him to the center of his palace and a giant golden pillar stood in the center of it.

"That's a staff?" Matt gasped

However Sun Wukong simply walked to the pillar and grabbed it with both hands. Even though he still of giant stature, he looked tiny next to the pillar. 

However, as he grabbed it with both hands, the pillar moved as he lifted it easily out of the ground. 

"You....you can do it?" Au Guang said

"It... it talks to me" Sun Wukong said as the pillar shrank into the size of a staff. 

By being able to lift the staff, Au Guang's impression of Sun Wukong turned for the better and he even gave him a golden chainmail and a phoenix feather cap and cloud walking boots. 

Sun Wukong was very pleased with all these and he thanked Au Guang as he and Matt finally left the palace. 

Sun Wukong shrank to normal human size and so did his staff. 

"Hanuman... I mean Sun Wukong. I have to go. With the disappearance of Jormungandr... I think the Norse Gods are facing the end of their world" Matt said

"I know you look worried. Here.. you can take these" Hanuman said, handing Matt his cloud walking boots and Gada

"But.. these are...." Matt was shocked

"I have Ruyi Jingu Bang now, which is sentient. Gada is not, but still a useful weapon because it's indestructible. It's useful against gods and demons. You're my good friend. Take it!

And these Cloud Walking Boots... you need to go back don't you? It's an ocean away and you need transportation. Besides, I can fly" Hanuman smiled

Matt was reluctant, but he agreed as both items would be useful to him. 

"Thanks. You've been really good to me. A word of advice.... don't let any gods or demons look down on you" Matt said as they clasped arms. 

"I won't. After all, I'm the Monkey King!" Hanuman smiled. 

With Gada in hand and wearing the Cloud Walking Boots, Matt ran off into the clouds, traversing the sea and heading back westwards. 

He wished he could accompany Sun Wukong as he conquered the Jade Palace in heaven and all the mischief that he would wreck. 

But Ragnarok was too important right now. He hoped he would be able to get there in time. 

20