Ch 22. A Date?!
89 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Do you want to go out with me?”

Those fateful words left my mouth before I was able to react to what I was actually saying. In other words, saying those words right now, while hugging Sotoka from behind in an empty classroom... Even if it was something that I did unconsciously, there's no way that a confession like that would go unnoticed, there's no one so dense in the whole world.

“Uh...?”

“No, no, no. I mean… You know...!”

“Where do you want to go...?”

“...”

No, there's someone that can be that dense, she is right in front of me.

“Where do I want to go…?”

“Yeah, you just asked if I wanted to go out with you, right?”

“Oh, right, right! Where do I want to go…?”

It seems that my unplanned confession did not reach her. Well, it is not as if I was planning to start dating her from the very beginning so I’m relieved, but… I can't help but feel a little bit angry about how dense she can be.

Anyway, now I need to think about a place to go out with her, just the two of us.

“Yeah, where do you want to go? Or you just wanted to spend time together, no matter where we go?”

“Yeah, that's it! I just wanted us to spend time together. As long as it's the both of us, everywhere will be fine.”

“Like on a date? Fufufu~”

“Yeah… Hahaha~”

I know she intended no ill by saying something like that, but isn't it weird that she can bring up something like that when my confession passed unnoticed? Well… It's not like I told her my feelings or something like that, I simply asked her to go out with me, but… Isn't it actually the same?! No, no Eriko, calm down…

“Umm… Where could we go...?”

“Isn't it somewhere you want to go, Sotoka?”

“Just as you said, as long as we are together, I don't care where we go, but…”

Her response was the one that I knew that she'll give me. That's right, anywhere we go will be a nice place as long as we are together. However, even if that's true,  it seems like she has places that she wants us to go to, so I decided to keep asking her.

“But…?”

“I heard there's this new place…”

“What kind of place? If it's something that catches your attention, it's probably food, right?”

“Yeah, that's right…”

Right now I'm still hugging her from behind, but due to her soft voice that felt as if it was going to break, I knew that she was blushing. She looks really cute with her red cheeks, however, I have no intention to let go of her.

“Well, where's this store at?”

“In the city…”

A trip to the city it's not something that school girls usually do, not in this kind of place at least, and less just to eat something. In this kind of place, a trip to the city is something that adults do, once a month in order to get food and the necessary things, like clothes or tools, that they can't find in this town. There are even adults that don't even go to the city once a month.

Of course, there’s also some people that go to the town in order to get to their workplaces, however, there's not people that usually go to the town in order to just hang out. That's the kind of place this town is.

But… If Sotoka wants to go to the town in order to eat something… 

You know? She usually just goes and follows me wherever I want to go or whatever I want to do, so if she goes out of her way and says to me that she wants to do something, there's no way I could resist my urges to pleace her.

“Okay then. When are we going?”

“Uh?!”

8